I delivered an order 1 week ago, It was automatically completed. But the buyer came to me just today and put me one star.

szdesignworld

I delivered an order 1 week ago. I was waiting for the buyer's revisions. But It was automatically completed. And this buyer came to me just today and put me one-star without any single word. Though there was an unlimited revision option. The buyer said to me nothing. the one-star rating will remain forever. So, my question is "was it my fault to receive one star?" How can I overcome this bad experience?

• szdesignworld changed the title to I delivered an order 1 week ago, It was automatically completed. But the buyer came to me just today and put me one star.
20 hours ago, szdesignworld said:

And this buyer came to me just today and put me one-star without any single word.

But the buyer did convey the reason as to why for the score in their review:

image.png.a1c85ec8a2391e418faed133efec7922.png

As for why didn't the buyer request a revision, maybe they didn't deem it worth the hassle and time or perhaps didn't believe revisions would produce any better an end product. 🤷‍♂️

On 1/2/2022 at 9:16 AM, szdesignworld said:

I delivered an order 1 week ago. I was waiting for the buyer's revisions. But It was automatically completed. And this buyer came to me just today and put me one-star without any single word. Though there was an unlimited revision option. The buyer said to me nothing. the one-star rating will remain forever. So, my question is "was it my fault to receive one star?" How can I overcome this bad experience?

Listen, it's hard to get 1 star, but if you hold on to it, you can't move forward, try to do better than that, not all clients will be the same, some will be different.

when you realize the order mark as completed automatically then you have inbox to that buyer ask for "your order is mark as completed if you have any issue or modification  request regarding to order let me know  " i will be happy to assist .

this is the way you can reduce one star review. 

On 1/2/2022 at 12:16 PM, szdesignworld said:

Szdesign, yeah, that sucks. I got to thinking why would a satisfied customer give you only one star a week after delivery, without even requesting a revision. Seems like a malicious act. Probably nothing you did wrong. But something about you bugged your customer. Figure that out and you can improve.

Tim

Some buyers give one-star ratings out of spite. It sucks, but it's not the end of your Fiverr career. Just be mindful of what you could have done better. Always work on improving your skill-that you can control. You can't control buyers who don't ask for revisions, but instead leave low ratings for the hell of it. 

On 1/2/2022 at 6:16 PM, szdesignworld said:

I also believe that some buyers are not fully aware of the revision option, even if your gig includes it. In the 90% of cases they don't even fully read your gig page and ask questions you have already answered in the FAQ section or main description, so there might be a chance they don't know how it works.

In other cases, they may also be in a rush (somehow they always are) and don't want to risk waiting longer for a modification when they feel completely unsatisfied with what has been created in the first place.

However, trying to understand a buyer's logic can only give you unwanted stress and headaches. I once got a lower rate for something that could have been fixed with a revision, but it is what it is. Not long ago, I also did something for a client who liked the previews I sent, but then they messaged me saying: "I gave you 5 stars because you were really communicative and always provided fixes when I requested them. However, I have to say the result is not what I was expecting and it really disappointed me because this and that look very bad etc etc". Turns out I got no review at all from this person (not sure what they meant when they said I got 5 stars) and they stopped responding when I mentioned there was a revision feature available specifically for this, yet they marked the order as complete.

One tip I want to give you though, is to get rid of the unlimited revisions and set a fixed number instead. When you offer unlimited revisions you could be forced to work on something over and over again even after the order completion, all without any additional compensation. Add like 2 or 3 free revisions per gig and clarify that any other modification will have an extra cost, if the order is still running. If it is completed, just let buyers use the 2/3 free revisions and then send them a new custom order for any other work they might need. It's up to them to accept or let it drop.

6 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Why is it not his fault if the client said that work was ugly? 
obviously  he didn’t deliver great standard of work and got one star review for that. 

Actually not, he put the order with small details that what he needs. Ux platform is really large system. if you don't like something you could have told me or give one single touch that you would like to get. Without your details, revision and changes, How can I read your mind that what you need? I am not superman or Avengers. I am human. I texted him in order duration he answered me nothing.  A good busines can't go a long this way. I must need to admire my seller.

On 1/3/2022 at 8:03 PM, enunciator said:

But the buyer did convey the reason as to why for the score in their review:

image.png.a1c85ec8a2391e418faed133efec7922.png

As for why didn't the buyer request a revision, maybe they didn't deem it worth the hassle and time or perhaps didn't believe revisions would produce any better an end product. 🤷‍♂️

Actually, he put the order with small details that what he needs. Ux platform is really large system. if you don't like something you could have told me or give one single touch that you would like to get. Without your details, revision and changes, How can I read your mind that what you need? I am not superman or Avengers. I am human. I texted him in order duration he answered me nothing.  I could have refund him. If he thought it was not worth of. At least he could say something about it...

13 minutes ago, szdesignworld said:

he put the order with small details that what he needs.

Then you had to clarify and ask him questions before starting working on his order. And he is unresponsive then cancel the order because how can you deliver something that you don’t know what your client needs? 
Your client is not on obligated  to ask for a revision and they can leave whatever rating they feel is right. 

6 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Then you had to clarify and ask him questions before starting working on his order. And he is unresponsive then cancel the order because how can you deliver something that you don’t know what your client needs? 
Your client is not on obligated  to ask for a revision and they can leave whatever rating they feel is right. 

Its the point. I have learnt a lesson. Thank you

Archived