Buyer demanding extra work than the given instruction without increasing the budget

suqlain_hassan

Question

Hi,
I am recently working with a client who joined Fiverr in 2017 but has no review/rating on his profile. He gave me an article to write. I have written each and everything according to his provided instruction and discussed all the points given in outline. But now when I have delivered, he is demanding extra work (worth equal to the placed order) without increasing the budget.
I need your suggestion in this regard. How should I proceed with this client and task.
Thank you!  

• Like 4

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, suqlain_hassan said:

Hi,
I am recently working with a client who joined Fiverr in 2017 but has no review/rating on his profile. He gave me an article to write. I have written each and everything according to his provided instruction and discussed all the points given in outline. But now when I have delivered, he is demanding extra work (worth equal to the placed order) without increasing the budget.
I need your suggestion in this regard. How should I proceed with this client and task.
Thank you!  

Stand your ground. Tell the buyer that you won't work for free, and that you have delivered the agreed-upon product at the agreed-upon price. If the buyer want you to do more work, they have to pay it. Do so in a friendly and professional manner. 

You should also take into account what the buyer is asking and why: are they not happy with the quality you delivered? Was the final delivery of the quality expected? What is the reason behind the request to do more work? Listen to your buyer in that regards, try to figure out why they want you to do more. This is important, because you listening and understanding the buyers needs can help you communicate and solve this issue. By showing that you care, that you understand, but that you will not work for free, shows them that you are interested in helping them to solve the problem, but not for free. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, suqlain_hassan said:

he is demanding extra work (worth equal to the placed order) without increasing the budget

According to this, he is demanding work equals to the placed order. Then why he should increase the budget actually?
Or you mean more than the placed order?

If more than the placed order, in that case discuss politely that you already worked for the order he placed, and you would like to work extra with payment only.
If he don't agree or ask cancellation or threat you for a negative review or something like that,
You can reach to customer support and explain everything with details, so CS can help you.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, muhmmadusman839 said:

he demanded more extra work and change his instruction otherwise he is threatening the cancel order. Fiverr always supports the buyer Tell me what to do.

No, they not always support buyers. You can say no  a client and that’s it. And in the meantime open a ticket with support to inform them that your buyer is blackmailing you into doing more work for free or he will cancel the order and attach a screenshot of that message. Most likely fiverr support wouldn’t do much but they will be aware and wouldn’t cancel your order if the client will reach out to them to cancel the order. 

• Like 4