NEED HELP-Client want to work on hourly basis

Guest shipon_it

Question

Guest shipon_it

One of my client want to work on hourly basis. Is there any way to track hours on fiverr? Can anyone please give me suggestion regarding this?

12 answers to this question

If you wanted to, you could make an agreement for hourly work with your customer through a custom offer, but there's no way to track hours through Fiverr.

Usually, you'd want to stay away from being paid by the hour as a freelancer anyway.
Let's say your customer hires you, who's good, experienced, and fast at his job, and another freelancer who isn't. You solve the customers issue/do the work within 2 hours, the other seller needs 4, and thus will get double the pay if you get paid per hour instead of per "Gig"/project. Sounds a bit off, or? 

However, it's up to you, of course, I've done a few jobs with hourly pay via custom offer agreement, as it wasn't really possible otherwise, however, the customer had to trust me, no way to track hours on Fiverr.

What you could do if you really really want that job and the customer insists on tracking instead of trusting you with the hours, and you don't mind, is finding out if there is a third-party tracking system that would work for both you and your customer, and asking Fiverr support if it would be okay to use it. However, I think chances are high that they'll say no. And unless it's a really well-paying job, or one you'd love to do very much for some reason, I don't think it's worth the time and effort anyway. In which case, refer to @catwriter's reply 🙂

Maybe there's time tracking software that you could find somewhere or could get created/create that only you could use (that the buyer wouldn't get to keep checking, so maybe you wouldn't need to ask for CS permission) and when you've completed the specified hours of work you could share the output from the tracking software (eg. as a text file in the delivery page) that shows the dates and times that you were working on the order (that add up to the number of hours the buyer bought). Maybe there's software where you can add notes so it could give a more detailed output (eg. between these times you were working on this part of the order requirements and some other times some other part). Unless they wanted more than that. You could check with the buyer whether that would be okay (if you can find the right software for it).

4 hours ago, catwriter said:

Politely inform that buyer that there's no such thing as hourly work on Fiverr.

Though in the Data Entry subcategory there's a field for "Hours of Work" (where the help says: The number of hours the seller will work on your task).

But that probably won't be a normal field in the OP's gigs. But they could create a custom offer if necessary saying they'd work on it for x hours - whatever was asked for, if they wanted (depending on whether the buyer needed time tracking stuff and what type/if the OP was allowed to give the sort of time tracking required.

Guest shipon_it
3 hours ago, designs_taskbar said:

You can use third party software after getting permission from Fiverr.

Thanks for sharing

Guest shipon_it
11 hours ago, uk1000 said:

Though in the Data Entry subcategory there's a field for "Hours of Work" (where the help says: The number of hours the seller will work on your task).

But that probably won't be a normal field in the OP's gigs. But they could create a custom offer if necessary saying they'd work on it for x hours - whatever was asked for, if they wanted (depending on whether the buyer needed time tracking stuff and what type/if the OP was allowed to give the sort of time tracking required.

Thanks For sharing

Archived