Hello Experienced,

I got a order few days ago. It was on my logo design gig. But in the inbox buyer told me to design a image related to something else(not logo). Then I got confused and texted buyer. Buyer didn't see the text. As the time is limited I had come up with the image design. And delivered it. In the order conversation said, I might mess with some other's order with him. He wanted a logo. But in the very first inbox conversation he gave some sample of other other image. Not a single logo. Then I had to design a logo for him. I designed 2 logos. He said he would give me 5 dollars tip. But after the completion he didn't. I don't get the whole thing. Did he cheat with me anyhow?

Thanks. 

13 minutes ago, graphic_painter said:

Hello Experienced,

I got a order few days ago. It was on my logo design gig. But in the inbox buyer told me to design a image related to something else(not logo). Then I got confused and texted buyer. Buyer didn't see the text. As the time is limited I had come up with the image design. And delivered it. In the order conversation said, I might mess with some other's order with him. He wanted a logo. But in the very first inbox conversation he gave some sample of other other image. Not a single logo. Then I had to design a logo for him. I designed 2 logos. He said he would give me 5 dollars tip. But after the completion he didn't. I don't get the whole thing. Did he cheat with me anyhow?

Thanks. 

I think there are might be two possibilities. One there is a confusion on both side. and the other one is the buyer make extra work by you.

18 minutes ago, graphic_painter said:

Did he cheat with me anyhow?

No. Promising a tip doesn’t mean anything. He is not obliged to leave you a tip even if he promised it. 

that’s why if you think that you are doing extra work it’s better to send a custom offer on the order page for the amount that you would charge for it 

1 hour ago, mariashtelle1 said:

No. Promising a tip doesn’t mean anything. He is not obliged to leave you a tip even if he promised it. 

that’s why if you think that you are doing extra work it’s better to send a custom offer on the order page for the amount that you would charge for it 

thanks Maria. I didn't wish for the tip. I just shared my experience. 

1 hour ago, manuelmarino said:

I just think it was a very confusing situation. Anyway it's better to be precise with the customers and ask details if you have doubts. Please also, don't forget to train your english skill because usually confusion comes from there.

Thanks a lot Marino. I will try to be appropriate with English.

1 hour ago, graphic_painter said:

Hello Experienced,

Thanks. 

this is really sad & much confusing 

11 hours ago, husnainsaeed said:

since a huge part of a deal is based on communication, i think there might have been a communication gap
but dont worry you will get better deals in future.
Dont ask for tips, it might land you in trouble as violation of TOS

Yeah thanks. I didn't ask for tips. 

Archived