Tips From A Seller That Just Broke the $100 Milestone

lukecondren

14 hours ago, terence_k said:

Big Congrats to you, lukecondren! I'm so envy of your achievement. I'm still trying to get my first order lol. This is the most insightful sharing I read so far here. Thank you!

BTW, I also just started a Gig to help to feed the poor and white flag victims in Malaysia. Wish me luck!

Good luck and may God grant ur heart ❤️ desire 

On 7/8/2021 at 5:10 PM, lukecondren said:

I bet you thought this was against the rules, huh? Nope! Fiverr has absolutely no problem with you requesting a review.

Did you get an official word from Fiverr on this? Because I remember @vickiespencer had a screenshot of CS saying that asking for feedback can result in a warning.

Yes, I do have a screenshot I can post later when I am on my computer. 

And I am aware there are places on Fiverr that encourage asking for review. It says you can ask for a review, but not a specific review. However, I would rather be safe than sorry. 

Also, I have never asked for a a review and my review percentage is 82%. If your service quality is top notch then you do not NEED to ask/beg for a review. 

Also, I am concerned that I’d sellers are encouraged to ask for reviews there will soon be those who are asking for 5 star reviews because they do not understand those parameters. 

Personally, any buyer who has ever mentioned reviews to me gets nada!

6 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Jenny.png.4a9ca48f02a1435f0546830cf30f4449.pngHere it is. 

Hey again, sorry, I was asleep so I couldn't answer this sooner.

I did my fair bit of research beforehand in terms of the issue of asking for reviews and maybe I read something from an outdated Fiverr resource?

So I redid my research. Read the ToS, looked at past questions, I even found your thread! Here's what I found:

The ToS has no mention that asking for non-specific reviews is against it. It mentions modifying previous ones? But not asking. Here's the review section:

• Feedback reviews provided by Buyers while completing an Order are an essential part of Fiverr's rating system. Reviews demonstrate the Buyer's overall experience with the Sellers and their service. Buyers are encouraged to communicate to the Seller any concerns experienced during their active order in regards to the service provided by the Seller.
    • Leaving a Buyer's feedback is a basic prerogative of a Buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards.
    • To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the Fiverr platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance Seller ratings, or to abuse the Fiverr platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
    • Feedback comments given by Buyers are publicly displayed on a Seller’s Gig page.
    • Work Samples are the delivered images and videos sent to a Buyer in a delivery message. Work Samples are added to a Seller's Live Portfolio on their Gig page if the Buyer chooses to publish the Work Sample while providing a public feedback review.
    • Withholding the delivery of services, files, or information required to complete the Gig’s service with the intent to gain favorable reviews or additional services is prohibited.
    • Responding and posting a review: Once work is delivered, the Buyer has three days to respond. If no response is provided within the response period, the Order will be considered completed.
    • Users are allowed to leave reviews on Orders up to 10 days after an Order is marked as complete. No new reviews may be added to an Order after 10 days.
    • Sellers may not solicit the removal of feedback reviews from their Buyers through mutual cancellations.
    • Feedback reviews are unavailable for orders made through the Logo Maker.

Unless this information is hidden in a different section, I can't actually see anything about it? Please enlighten me if I've got this wrong.

I also checked out the thread that image originates from. On the same thread, it's mentioned that there's also responses from CS saying that it's ok to do, as long as you don't ask for a positive one?

In the same thread, you asked CS for a more specific answer, showing the image they replied with. In your own words: "not answered my question of whether or not there would be retribution for requests like those I quoted above." There was a mention of a response going to a higher rep in the company but it was not posted. If you have a response, please post it as we need this cleared up.

Now I don't blame you for bringing this up, or anyone for that matter. This is clearly an issue with how Fiverr communicates it's ToS. Even doing a quick Google search brings up old threads saying you can and you can't. There's no official or easy to find explanation on the matter.

Granted, your thread was 2 years ago and my first round of research also showed threads from a similar time-frame. But my point still stands. This is not easy and clear information to find. If the only way to find out if its allowed or not is through trial and error, and hoping you get a CS employee who knows what they're talking about, then Fiverr has some serious work to do making it apparent to their buyers and sellers.

Archived