Buyer Scamming Me

A buyer contacted me related to building a Bot he gave me all the details that a bot should do after reading all that ,I created a custom offer for him but after doing the payment he added other complex things to be added in bot , which price I’ve not included in custom offer and now I was forced to do that for free !
Anyhow I delivered it before time and it was auto marked compete after 3 days , but next day he raised a request for revision , I did that too and finally he marked it as complete !
Now suddenly he popped up again and saying do one more revision or I’ll raise a request for revision so can a buyer ask for revision even after they themselves have marked it as complete ?
Can they ask for revision after not checking it out for 3 days?
And till now many days they can ask for revision even after marking it as complete ?

A buyer contacted me related to building a Bot he gave me all the details that a bot should do after reading all that ,I created a custom offer for him but after doing the payment he added other complex things to be added in bot , which price I’ve not included in custom offer and now I was forced to do that for free !

Anyhow I delivered it before time and it was auto marked compete after 3 days , but next day he raised a request for revision , I did that too and finally he marked it as complete !

Now suddenly he popped up again and saying do one more revision or I’ll raise a request for revision so can a buyer ask for revision even after they themselves have marked it as complete ?

And till now many days they can ask for revision even after marking it as complete ?

now I was forced to do that for free !

No, you are not forced to do it for free. You can send a charge for the extra work on the order.

Not in the system if the order is marked as completed. Your job is done.

I would suggest you change the “unlimited revisions” in some of your packages. This can bring some buyers back requesting more work, even when the job is done.

When an order is marked as complete, that is the end of that transaction. Fiverr credits your account and takes their commission. If a buyer is requesting another revision after they have accepted an order, it is wrong to accept to do such revision free, though it is not bad - for customer service’s sake. If you accept to do such revision, you are offering free services which Fiverr might frown at.

When next the buyer comes, tell him you are done with the initial transaction and request to send him a fresh offer. He might accept or go away.

However, if I were you, I will just tell him that I am busy and can not work with him at that time.

I hope this helps?

now I was forced to do that for free !

No, you are not forced to do it for free. You can send a charge for the extra work on the order.

Not in the system if the order is marked as completed. Your job is done.

I would suggest you change the “unlimited revisions” in some of your packages. This can bring some buyers back requesting more work, even when the job is done.

the “unlimited revisions” in some of your packages. This can bring some buyers back requesting more work, even when the job is done.

Yes! However, even in a case of unlimited revision, it does not apply when a transaction is closed. It only applies when the transaction is still open. As soon as the buyer accepts the job, that is it. This explains why Fiverr removes that order from the seller’s dashboard and record it as complete.

the “unlimited revisions” in some of your packages. This can bring some buyers back requesting more work, even when the job is done.

Yes! However, even in a case of unlimited revision, it does not apply when a transaction is closed. It only applies when the transaction is still open. As soon as the buyer accepts the job, that is it. This explains why Fiverr removes that order from the seller’s dashboard and record it as complete.

@fynwriter, I understand what you mean and should be like that. However, I have read in the Forum many cases that buyers go back and if the seller does not continue to work they request a cancellation, even if the order is already completed. So my suggestion is to state a number of revisions.

@fynwriter, I understand what you mean and should be like that. However, I have read in the Forum many cases that buyers go back and if the seller does not continue to work they request a cancellation, even if the order is already completed. So my suggestion is to state a number of revisions.

buyers go back and if the seller does not continue to work they request a cancellation.

Cancellation after an order is marked as complete? That is not possible, except that buyer is requesting for such cancellation through PayPal, which happens even if a seller kills him/herself in completing a job.

But asking for a revision through the order page is not possible after an order is marked as complete.

buyers go back and if the seller does not continue to work they request a cancellation.

Cancellation after an order is marked as complete? That is not possible, except that buyer is requesting for such cancellation through PayPal, which happens even if a seller kills him/herself in completing a job.

But asking for a revision through the order page is not possible after an order is marked as complete.

Technically, that’s how it should be. However, some sellers have stated that fiverr asked them to honour their unlimited revisions promise, even after it was marked as complete.

I know that. From what I understood the client is back threatening him in the chat. I agree with you and he should move on and not work for this buyer anymore.

Cancellation after an order is marked as complete? That is not possible

Unfortunately, CS can cancel the order after completed if the buyer gives a good reason. There are plenty of stories on the Forum. That is why I suggested having a clear gig description and offer. The more the seller narrows the buyer’s option, the better for the seller.

I know that. From what I understood the client is back threatening him in the chat. I agree with you and he should move on and not work for this buyer anymore.

Cancellation after an order is marked as complete? That is not possible

Unfortunately, CS can cancel the order after completed if the buyer gives a good reason. There are plenty of stories on the Forum. That is why I suggested having a clear gig description and offer. The more the seller narrows the buyer’s option, the better for the seller.

Unfortunately, CS can cancel the order after completed if the buyer gives a good reason.

Before CS cancels orders like that, just know that the buyer went through PayPal. And when Fiverr cancels such order, they block that buyer from their platform. Though such buyer can open a fresh account with a new ID.

When CS cancels an order without the consent of the seller, know that the buyer has opened a dispute with PayPal. Fiverr’s refunds policy enables PayPal to request for refunds for their client and Fiverr must honour it without delays. I know all these because I have had an encounter with a buyer who canceled an order after a month delivery.

Unfortunately, CS can cancel the order after completed if the buyer gives a good reason.

Before CS cancels orders like that, just know that the buyer went through PayPal. And when Fiverr cancels such order, they block that buyer from their platform. Though such buyer can open a fresh account with a new ID.

When CS cancels an order without the consent of the seller, know that the buyer has opened a dispute with PayPal. Fiverr’s refunds policy enables PayPal to request for refunds for their client and Fiverr must honour it without delays. I know all these because I have had an encounter with a buyer who canceled an order after a month delivery.

Paypal is not the only payment method for buyers on Fiverr.

As per our Terms of Service, orders may only be canceled within 14 days of the order being marked as complete. Orders that were complete for longer than that may not be eligible to be cancelled . Any cancellation requests sent to Customer Support must include sufficient evidence of work not delivered.

My suggestion for the OP is to narrow the options for his buyer. And do not engage in any other project with this buyer. Good luck.

Paypal is not the only payment method for buyers on Fiverr.

As per our Terms of Service, orders may only be canceled within 14 days of the order being marked as complete. Orders that were complete for longer than that may not be eligible to be cancelled . Any cancellation requests sent to Customer Support must include sufficient evidence of work not delivered.

My suggestion for the OP is to narrow the options for his buyer. And do not engage in any other project with this buyer. Good luck.

You know we are saying the same thing from different perspectives.

When an order is marked as complete, that is the end of that transaction. Fiverr credits your account and takes their commission. If a buyer is requesting another revision after they have accepted an order, it is wrong to accept to do such revision free, though it is not bad - for customer service’s sake. If you accept to do such revision, you are offering free services which Fiverr might frown at.

When next the buyer comes, tell him you are done with the initial transaction and request to send him a fresh offer. He might accept or go away.

However, if I were you, I will just tell him that I am busy and can not work with him at that time.

I hope this helps?

a perfect solution and answer thanks for sharing this

Archived