14 days waiting clearance opinion

I don’t see that happening anytime soon for a number of reasons.

Can you imagine what the marketplace would be like with sellers pestering buyers to “release funds” ?

Buyers are already bothered constantly by amateur sellers with “please submit a review”, “please mark the order as completed and I will deliver later”, “please change your review to 10 stars!”

So to keep this short: what you are suggesting would be a tool for sellers to try to game the system.

• Like 4

I think Fiverr should introduce a request feature for sellers using a seller can request buyer for quick release of payment and in case of approval the payment of order should be released to seller instantly.

I think Fiverr should introduce a request feature for sellers using a seller can request buyer for quick release of payment and in case of approval the payment of order should be released to seller instantly.

Would be a nightmare. However, fiverr should pay Level 1/2 in the same 7 days as they pay TRS and presumably PRO. I can’t see any reason why fiverr deserves to hold (and collect interest on) my funds an extra week.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I think they should reduce it for the level 2 sellers atleast to 10 days

For sure 10, maybe also a little bit less than that. They’re holding on to your money for a minimum of three days if the buyer doesn’t manually mark it complete. To then hold on to the money an additional 14 days is ridiculously absurd.

• Like 3

Not a good idea for a couple of reasons. This would only lead to abuse, and I could only imagine the flood of incoming “fund release requests” buyers would receive… No thanks.
The current time for release is a bit long, but whatedver. You’ll get your money eventually.

• Like 3

I can imagine 90% in this forum are sellers. But if there are any buyers reading this,could you tell us how much extra Fiverr would charge you for every $5?

I don’t think Fiverr would make the clearance period shorter even some buyers agree to pay immediately. Not only for preparing the buyer refund, but mainly for the short-term deposit interest in the bank account.

This kind of platforms always protect and please the buyers as they are the source of earnings. Any sellers quit, others join, never worry shortage of suppliers.

I think everyone should know the rules and accept the situation once you decide to join.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I love Fiverr to much <3 For only one reason they are very active and professional.
But I just confused about one process and to much disappointed of this. I like this point “If customers aren’t complete the order, after 3 days automatic complete the order”.

My question is if you you can complete the order only 3days but why don’t you complete our revenue pending clear in 3 day?

14 Day process is to much time. some time we need emergency withdrawal but you can’t.

Can Fiverr working with this process?

Need to know about this.

Thanks
Jubaerdr
Graphic designer
At Fiverr

• Like 3

Fiverr not Gonna Change this Rule for a single / Smart Seller 💰 For ‘Money-making’ reason I think the Process is Awesome.

In the span of 14 days, Fiverr invest your earned money in their system.
Example: If you earn $100, Fiverr will invest that money in stock trading (or whatever investment method they use) after 14 days, your earned $100 will become $150 and what you receive at the end? only $80? :thinking:

• Like 2

Fiverr not Gonna Change this Rule for a single / Smart Seller 💰 For ‘Money-making’ reason I think the Process is Awesome.

In the span of 14 days, Fiverr invest your earned money in their system.

Example: If you earn $100, Fiverr will invest that money in stock trading (or whatever investment method they use) after 14 days, your earned $100 will become $150 and what you receive at the end? only $80? :thinking:

it is really a wrong perspective,how they can use your earning without your consent in trading ?.

They are holding the Earning for 14 Days to Make sure there is no charge back or Fraudulent activity.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

It is completely wrong that Top Rated Sellers get paid in 7 days and the rest of us have to wait 14 days.

It is financial discrimination, it discourages people from delivering their work on time since they know their payments will be delayed by 14 days.

I can understand each level has unique privileges, but delaying our payments hurts everyone’s finances.

Everyone should get paid in 7 days. Orders are marked as complete in 3 days, so why delay us by 11 days?

• Like 32

It is completely wrong that Top Rated Sellers get paid in 7 days and the rest of us have to wait 14 days.

It is financial discrimination, it discourages people from delivering their work on time since they know their payments will be delayed by 14 days.

I can understand each level has unique privileges, but delaying our payments hurts everyone’s finances.

Everyone should get paid in 7 days. Orders are marked as complete in 3 days, so why delay us by 11 days?

I’ve never been a TRS, so I’ve always had access to my cleared funds in 14 days. I’m used to it, and have never had any problems. I know it’s a perk at the TRS level, but I don’t feel that I need it in order to operate as a successful Fiverr freelancer.

I’m sorry that your demotion takes you from that 7-day clearance to the 14-day clearance that most of the rest of us have been used to. It’s not a challenge if you challenge yourself to make it work.

• Like 11

I’ve never been a TRS, so I’ve always had access to my cleared funds in 14 days. I’m used to it, and have never had any problems. I know it’s a perk at the TRS level, but I don’t feel that I need it in order to operate as a successful Fiverr freelancer.

I’m sorry that your demotion takes you from that 7-day clearance to the 14-day clearance that most of the rest of us have been used to. It’s not a challenge if you challenge yourself to make it work.

Just because we’re used to something doesn’t make it right. My brother-in-law is a contractor, he gets paid in 3 to 7 days. Check cashing stores exists because some contractors can’t afford to wait for a check to clear, and would rather get paid immediately.

Lyft lets you withdraw your funds anytime you like as long as you pay $0.50.

Besides, who benefits from a 14 day waiting period? Not buyers, they can do a PayPal chargeback anytime they want.

Top Rated Sellers already get the perks of their own personal section, the pretty golden thing, and the credibility of having been chosen. That’s enough perks as far as I’m concerned, the rest of us deserve to get paid in 7 days just like they do.

• Like 10

Just because we’re used to something doesn’t make it right. My brother-in-law is a contractor, he gets paid in 3 to 7 days. Check cashing stores exists because some contractors can’t afford to wait for a check to clear, and would rather get paid immediately.

Lyft lets you withdraw your funds anytime you like as long as you pay $0.50.

Besides, who benefits from a 14 day waiting period? Not buyers, they can do a PayPal chargeback anytime they want.

Top Rated Sellers already get the perks of their own personal section, the pretty golden thing, and the credibility of having been chosen. That’s enough perks as far as I’m concerned, the rest of us deserve to get paid in 7 days just like they do.

My brother-in-law is a contractor, he gets paid in 3 to 7 days.

And that is what works for his business, and where he works. Fiverr has different payment standards. Some sellers may not like it… but those are still the Fiverr standards.

Check cashing stores exists because some contractors can’t afford to wait for a check to clear, and would rather get paid immediately.

Patience is a virtue. We all want to get paid sooner than later, but that isn’t always how things work out. So, we work with what we have. And most of Fiverr’s freelancers gain their cleared earnings after 14 days.

Besides, who benefits from a 14 day waiting period?

I’ll pretend you didn’t say that. My wife, a teacher, gets paid every two weeks (i.e., every 14-15 days). She and I managed out household expenses on that payment calendar.

the rest of us deserve to get paid in 7 days just like they do.

I don’t mean to sound rude, but yesterday, you were a TRS, enjoying that 7-day funds clearance. Today you are a Level 2 seller who will have to get used to the standard 14-day payment clearance. You’re complaining as if this is an us and them thing – respectfully, it comes across as being extremely entitled. I’m sorry that you lost the 7-day cycle. The 14-day cycle isn’t as bad as you make it out to be. Thousands of Fiverr sellers have been doing just find on the 14-day clearance cycle for years.

It works – and has worked – just fine for us. It’ll work for you as well, so long as you make a few adjustments to accommodate it as long as you are among the realm of below-TRS sellers. Then, when you earn TRS again, you can have the joy of returning to the 7-day cycle.

It’ll be okay. I say this from experience. 😉

• Like 9

My brother-in-law is a contractor, he gets paid in 3 to 7 days.

And that is what works for his business, and where he works. Fiverr has different payment standards. Some sellers may not like it… but those are still the Fiverr standards.

Check cashing stores exists because some contractors can’t afford to wait for a check to clear, and would rather get paid immediately.

Patience is a virtue. We all want to get paid sooner than later, but that isn’t always how things work out. So, we work with what we have. And most of Fiverr’s freelancers gain their cleared earnings after 14 days.

Besides, who benefits from a 14 day waiting period?

I’ll pretend you didn’t say that. My wife, a teacher, gets paid every two weeks (i.e., every 14-15 days). She and I managed out household expenses on that payment calendar.

the rest of us deserve to get paid in 7 days just like they do.

I don’t mean to sound rude, but yesterday, you were a TRS, enjoying that 7-day funds clearance. Today you are a Level 2 seller who will have to get used to the standard 14-day payment clearance. You’re complaining as if this is an us and them thing – respectfully, it comes across as being extremely entitled. I’m sorry that you lost the 7-day cycle. The 14-day cycle isn’t as bad as you make it out to be. Thousands of Fiverr sellers have been doing just find on the 14-day clearance cycle for years.

It works – and has worked – just fine for us. It’ll work for you as well, so long as you make a few adjustments to accommodate it as long as you are among the realm of below-TRS sellers. Then, when you earn TRS again, you can have the joy of returning to the 7-day cycle.

It’ll be okay. I say this from experience. 😉

I’ve worked in the real world, we usually get paid biweekly, every other week. Maybe it’s different for teachers?

You’re complaining as if this is an us and them thing – respectfully, it comes across as being extremely entitled.

Doesn’t matter, even if my motives are selfish, everyone would benefit from a 7-day delivery.

Just because you’re used to something doesn’t make it right.

Then, when you earn TRS again, you can have the joy of returning to the 7-day cycle.

There are amazing sellers who haven’t earned TRS, even when they sell more than me! So why will I have a chance to earn it back?

Fiverr doesn’t care, they have ZERO loyalty towards long time sellers like me.

• Like 4

I’ve worked in the real world, we usually get paid biweekly, every other week. Maybe it’s different for teachers?

You’re complaining as if this is an us and them thing – respectfully, it comes across as being extremely entitled.

Doesn’t matter, even if my motives are selfish, everyone would benefit from a 7-day delivery.

Then, when you earn TRS again, you can have the joy of returning to the 7-day cycle.

There are amazing sellers who haven’t earned TRS, even when they sell more than me! So why will I have a chance to earn it back?

I have clients who operate on a 60 day payment basis.

Most agencies operate on an end of month and/or 30 days.

14 days is pretty good from how I see it.

Besides, if you are earning each week then it only makes a difference once.

If I earn $100/week then it makes no difference after the first 2 weeks.

they have ZERO loyalty towards long time sellers like me

What would loyalty to you look like? Immunity from demotion? Artificially boosted rankings? A free car every year?

• Like 7

The teacher I am married to gets paid bi-weekly. Bi-weekly is roughly 14 days.

And just because you’re not used to it doesn’t mean it must change.

I disagree. But I’m not going to argue with your viewpoint. You are allowed to be distressed over losing your TRS level. I just hope the transition process for you is short. The longer you remain this stressed over it, the harder it will become to accept.

• Like 3

I have clients who operate on a 60 day payment basis.

Most agencies operate on an end of month and/or 30 days.

14 days is pretty good from how I see it.

Besides, if you are earning each week then it only makes a difference once.

If I earn $100/week then it makes no difference after the first 2 weeks.

they have ZERO loyalty towards long time sellers like me

What would loyalty to you look like? Immunity from demotion? Artificially boosted rankings? A free car every year?

What would loyalty to you look like?

How about letting you keep your level after you earned it?

“If I earn $100/week then it makes no difference after the first 2 weeks.”

It makes a huge difference when Fiverr is your only source of income and you want to keep your credit card balances low.

• Like 3