14 days waiting clearance opinion

14 days is GOOD!

When you start a new job for a regular employer you have to wait until the next pay day, which can be up to 30 days away. Or more if the finance department is slow setting up your details. As @visualstudios says, you should (ideally) have money set aside when you first go freelance. I know that can be difficult and many people do live paycheck to paycheck though.

@rainbowchazer when you start a job in a company or organisation, you are guaranteed payments. You can’t simply get cancellation of your money or just get terminated don’t compare that with freelance, there are two different things. We are not in an organisation, we deal with clients directly and not fiverr. The clients pay us, not fiverr, fiverr is just the tool to connect to the client’s. Once your clients pays you, then we should get paid instantly.

• Like 7

@rainbowchazer when you start a job in a company or organisation, you are guaranteed payments. You can’t simply get cancellation of your money or just get terminated don’t compare that with freelance, there are two different things. We are not in an organisation, we deal with clients directly and not fiverr. The clients pay us, not fiverr, fiverr is just the tool to connect to the client’s. Once your clients pays you, then we should get paid instantly.

@chester48 I doubt fiverr will be changing their operating model any time soon. As others have said, some of the newbies on here simply cannot be trusted. Trust must be earned. No good a client paying for something which they subsequently find unsatisfactory, only to find the freelancer has left the site, with the client’s money…

• Like 5
  • Up 1

Guest faybi997

Much Appreciated @chester48
a seller faces same kind of several problem everyday. I think, Seller has an opportunity to set consult charges, sellers give their time here and “take time” and “money” are both same.

• 5 months later...

Hi Team,

Firstly thank for such an amazing platform where we can display our skills and earn good amount of money.

Now coming to main point , the amount clearance time is too much it should not more than 3 days once order delivery is confirmed from client, so this is my suggestion to have a look into it and try to minimise the clearance time.

Regards

Mushtaq

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 4:02 PM, mushtaqnaikoo said:

the amount clearance time is too much 

No, it's not. In most business transactions, it's normal to have a NET date of 15 or 30 days. Some even operate with a 90 (!) day NET date. 

As a freelancer, you must plan to have a steady revenue stream at all times, while making sure you always have money flowing in. If you spend your earnings now, you have nothing tomorrow. Save them until you have enough for three weeks. Then you can start spending as normal, and in two weeks time, you'll have more. 

Being responsible with your money is essential as a freelancer. 

14 days isn't "too much". You just have to take responsibility and plan for these things. The money "pending clearance" in my account isn't money I need now. Not next week. Or two weeks, even. It's money I plan to spend in a month or two! 

Have a buffer. ;) 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 5
  • Up 2

• 1 year later...
On 3/27/2021 at 6:28 PM, chester48 said:

Hello every one, I want to raise this motion. We freelancers are like business men, who transact daily and take their money. Example, a customer comes to your shop, sees a shoe and buys it, pays you instantly, you take your money. Another example, you call a technician to fix your car, your car is fixed, you get paid instantly. That is what we are. What is all this 14 days waiting period to get your money you already worked for and earned. If there is any reason for this waiting period, then it should not be more than 3 or 7 days. This gives rise to alot of scamming activities. Someone who order from you, can come on the 7th, or 13th day and request refund, cancellation or a charge back. And now you are left with either fiverr banning the client, who will just open another account and continue their fraud activities and you could loose the money without compensation.

Sometimes we use our money to pay for services. They are people who live in countries without constant electricity, where you have to buy fuel to power your generator. Since you can’t have access to your money, you will use yours to run the project. And if clients decided to cancel then what? What about my money for fuel? We should be able to clear our money to enable us continue to run services and deliver goods.

Just to add, we are not getting paid by fiverr, we are getting paid by the client, and if client releases money instantly for services, then while will fiverr hold it for 14 days?

This is very difficult to absorb, it’s supposed to be simple. Get work, get paid, collect your money instantly. This waiting period of 14 days is definitely a big issue for me and alot of my friends who work here. Please what do you guys think? Can we suggest a better way to get our money quicker. Your opinion is needed.

Yes my friend , i was victim of a scamer that hacked my payonner card and make a lote of puchasing,then he got his money back in the next to hours from fiverr // This user name is a hackER(Arthurharrypro )BE CARFUL GUYS, His method is , giving you his account on coomeet.com (login and password), and asking you sending an offer to log in his account and buy 100$ (360 minutes) , ones you did that, he change password and make many orders from this website with your credit card ( in my case he stoll over 190 $ (6 transactions In 10 minutes)) I HAVE MY PROOF ,and then he go to fiverr and ask for disput and he got his money back, so i LOS ALL MONEY ON ME PAYONNER CARD and my card informations Still in his account. Verry new techniques to do bad games on fiverr, (( I ASK FIVERR FROM THIS POST TO BLOCK THIS TYPE OF BUYER AND GET ME MY MONEY BACK FOR MY SERVICES THAT I ACCOMPLITED AND I HAVE PROOF FOR THIS).

REALY FOR THIS 14 DAYS HOLD , IS NOT GOOD FOR US FREELANCERS, IT'S A VULNIRABILITY ON THE FIVERR SYSTEM THAT SCAMMER ARE USING TO STOL OUR MONEY AND HARD WORKING;FIVERR MUS DO SOME THING HERE

• Like 4
  • Up 1

On 2/13/2023 at 12:20 AM, moulayhicham said:

Yes my friend , i was victim of a scamer that hacked my payonner card and make a lote of puchasing,then he got his money back in the next to hours from fiverr // This user name is a hackER(Arthurharrypro )BE CARFUL GUYS, His method is , giving you his account on coomeet.com (login and password), and asking you sending an offer to log in his account and buy 100$ (360 minutes) , ones you did that, he change password and make many orders from this website with your credit card ( in my case he stoll over 190 $ (6 transactions In 10 minutes)) I HAVE MY PROOF ,and then he go to fiverr and ask for disput and he got his money back, so i LOS ALL MONEY ON ME PAYONNER CARD and my card informations Still in his account. Verry new techniques to do bad games on fiverr, (( I ASK FIVERR FROM THIS POST TO BLOCK THIS TYPE OF BUYER AND GET ME MY MONEY BACK FOR MY SERVICES THAT I ACCOMPLITED AND I HAVE PROOF FOR THIS).

REALY FOR THIS 14 DAYS HOLD , IS NOT GOOD FOR US FREELANCERS, IT'S A VULNIRABILITY ON THE FIVERR SYSTEM THAT SCAMMER ARE USING TO STOL OUR MONEY AND HARD WORKING;FIVERR MUS DO SOME THING HERE

I am feeling so bad for you my friend. But why you put your check info on some other unknown website. Why why and why? Is this something that fiverr told you to do. No. Fiverr clearly told that you have to make the transaction within fiverr site.

• Like 5

On 2/12/2023 at 7:20 PM, moulayhicham said:

His method is , giving you his account on coomeet.com (login and password), and asking you sending an offer to log in his account and buy 100$ (360 minutes)

On 2/12/2023 at 7:20 PM, moulayhicham said:

IT'S A VULNIRABILITY ON THE FIVERR SYSTEM THAT SCAMMER ARE USING TO STOL OUR MONEY AND HARD WORKING;FIVERR MUS DO SOME THING HERE

Sorry, but this isn't Fiverr's vulnerability, this is your own fault. What that person requested of you isn't a legitimate request. There's zero reason to hire you to log in from his account and buy from yours; if he wanted your service, he could've easily hired you through Fiverr.

As per Fiverr's Terms of Service, all the communication, materials exchange and transactions have to go through Fiverr. You break this rule at your own risk...and you lost your money because of that.

Not to mention it's common sense not to give anyone information about your credit card.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Fiverr is taking 14 days time period to clear payments as a security measure, but in other hand they are offering quicker payments while taking a pro etc feature to get more fee. this is not fair. payment should be clear as soon as orders completed, and rest of security measures fiverr should maintain in delivery time. its more like fiverr taking its fees without providing a solution to sellers.  both buyer and seller pay their feeses but for what ?

• Like 3