How to deal with Repeating Customer and an Increase of my prices?

stefanyoshovski

Hey, I have recently updated my prices significantly due to changes in my working process and other factors.

I’d like to ask you, how would you deal with a Repeating Customer?

Would you offer him Custom Offers with the old prices?

Or

Would you say something about: “For this order I’ll send you a custom offer based on the previous price list, but from now on you’d have to follow the updates one”

Thank you!

Well, that depends on a lot of factors.
I mean, if you keep charging old clients old prices, you end up with a bunch of different prices and this could get out of hand.

I know that are some really good clients that deserves the attention and care, so we don’t mind giving them a discount, but at the same time, real good clients will understand why you’ve updated your prices and if they really like your work, they won’t mind paying you more.

I would suggest you to stick to your update prices and be honest with your clients. Have a good and sincere conversation with them and do what is best for you both.
But don’t overdo it, remember that you had your reasons to do so, and part of growing as a professional is understanding that we will lose some clients along the way, but also gain new ones. It’s a normal process.

It’s a Paradox right?
The clients that really deserves a good discount is usually the ones who don’t mind paying you what you’re worth.

I mean, if you keep charging old clients old prices, you end up with a bunch of different prices and this could get out of hand.

I know that are some really good clients that deserves the attention and care, so we don’t mind giving them a discount, but at the same time, real good clients will understand why you’ve updated your prices and if they really like your work, they won’t mind paying you more.

I would suggest you to stick to your update prices and be honest with your clients. Have a good and sincere conversation with them and do what is best for you both.

But don’t overdo it, remember that you had your reasons to do so, and part of growing as a professional is understanding that we will lose some clients along the way, but also gain new ones. It’s a normal process.

It’s a Paradox right?

The clients that really deserves a good discount is usually the ones who don’t mind paying you what you’re worth.

Thank you. I really appreciate the time you spent to share your opinion. I totally agree with you.

It’s a Paradox right?

You were right! Me and my customer were discussing about a website project. I told him about the updates in my pricing list and he replied me with this:

“That’s fine Stefan. So the next one is probably the most important and get’s the most traffic by alot.”

I guess everybody needs to listen to your advice about the value of our own time and our own skills.

You were right! Me and my customer were discussing about a website project. I told him about the updates in my pricing list and he replied me with this:

“That’s fine Stefan. So the next one is probably the most important and get’s the most traffic by alot.”

I guess everybody needs to listen to your advice about the value of our own time and our own skills.

I’m gald to hear this Stefan.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you for sharing this, it means a lot.

It’s a Paradox right?

Very well put, I subscribe to everything you said.

It is really strange. After increasing my prices, 6 people wrote me and I’ve had 3 orders. Also I was expecting my impressions to fall down but for now they are even going higher.

I’ll clue you in on a little secret - some clients do not want to buy cheap services. If you price your gig at $50 instead of $5, it doesn’t mean you’ll get less clients necessarily - it means you will get less $5 clients, but you will get more $50 clients (that wouldn’t touch a $5 gig). Now, there are usually more $5 clients than $50 clients, but it doesn’t matter. As long as the ratio is better than 10:1, you’re coming ahead anyway.

I’ll clue you in on a little secret - some clients do not want to buy cheap services. If you price your gig at $50 instead of $5, it doesn’t mean you’ll get less clients necessarily - it means you will get less $5 clients, but you will get more $50 clients (that wouldn’t touch a $5 gig). Now, there are usually more $5 clients than $50 clients, but it doesn’t matter. As long as the ratio is better than 10:1, you’re coming ahead anyway.

Thank you!

I’ve never sold a service which requires a lot of time for 5$, I will actually never understand those who basically give their time for “free”, but I know it was just an example and I get your point.

I’ve increased my prices with 30% (due to level up, too many requests, revaluation of my working process and the currency drown of the USD to EUR) I can say I was pretty happy with the results before but I wasn’t expecting this neither.

Thank you!

I’ve never sold a service which requires a lot of time for 5$, I will actually never understand those who basically give their time for “free”, but I know it was just an example and I get your point.

I’ve increased my prices with 30% (due to level up, too many requests, revaluation of my working process and the currency drown of the USD to EUR) I can say I was pretty happy with the results before but I wasn’t expecting this neither.

The thing is not the time it takes, it’s the risk you run. A gig for $5 means I can literally pay you $4 to leave you a 1 star review if I wish to, and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Is $4 a fair price for the risk of a bad review (a risk that is always there regardless of your quality, you don’t know who you’re dealing with)? I think not.

It is really strange. After increasing my prices, 6 people wrote me and I’ve had 3 orders. Also I was expecting my impressions to fall down but for now they are even going higher.

The biggest mistake we make in our strategic thinking is that we assume others have our same perception of cost and that everyone is basing their decisions on money alone, while the real parameters are much wilder.

I’m a “cheap” person when it comes to clothes for example, but you would never expect that I always buy the most expensive olive paté. There’s most likely some buyers going straight to the search bar and using the options to look for services that are 50$, 100$, 200$ or above. They want to get the value they think they will get (which they also should get, but never say never).

P.S.: sextupling my prices literally helped me. 😂 I’m now polishing my stuff and I think I’m ready to go for 50, 75, or even 100$ gigs as I’m closing in on Level 1.

It’s a Paradox right?

I agree with you. I have a client that paid me well. Even once my PC’s motherboard was down, and I just told her that I can’t work because of my computer. She gave me 100$ for nothing but fix my computer.

I must give her a discount for the rest of the journey. working with her last 2 years and always prioritize her task upfront.

so you should definitely give discounts to those who care for you. @stefanyoshovski

I give myself a pay raise every July on Fiverr. My returning clients have no issues paying the new price. I have two clients I give my old prices to but it’s only because they each placed close to 40 orders with me over the course of 3 years.

It’s a Paradox right?

Wow!

Thanks so much for this.

👍

Great, thanks for sharing.

I agree with you. I have a client that paid me well. Even once my PC’s motherboard was down, and I just told her that I can’t work because of my computer. She gave me 100$ for nothing but fix my computer.

I must give her a discount for the rest of the journey. working with her last 2 years and always prioritize her task upfront.

so you should definitely give discounts to those who care for you. @stefanyoshovski

Wow!

That’s nice, thanks for sharing.

Archived