Fiverr CS is evolving, just backwards

designwo1

Fiverr CS works with super sonic speed in this situation no matter whole world in warzone or covid :

1. If seller do broke any rules.
  2. If seller try to serve better experience to customer to giving number or mail etc.

etc…blaaahhhh…

Fiverr CS works with super sonic speed in this situation no matter whole world in warzone or covid :

2. If seller try to serve better experience to customer to giving number or mail etc.

etc…blaaahhhh…

You are comparing apples to oranges. Warnings and bans for sellers who break the rules are mostly automated. You break a rule, you get a warning.

Having a human review a situation and solve a ticket, is definitely not automated, so it takes time.

I have been here for almost seven years. It has gone from very personal knowing people in the company and communicating with them to very robotic and standard canned response.

Your description is fairly accurate, but it also kind of makes sense as Fiverr transitioned from a startup with just 10 employees and a few thousand users to a publicly traded company with millions in seed money and millions of active users.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, Would you care to explain why only a fraction of the Fiverr staff has the resources to work from home?

I would, if I were a representative.

I am a seller, just like you.

The only difference between us is the fact that I probably own more stock than you.

I don’t understand your logic. Don’t you think the CS system could’ve been much much better? Way before the pandemic?

The only difference between us is the fact that I probably own more stock than you.

How is this relevant here? 😂

etc…blaaahhhh…

You are comparing apples to oranges. Warnings and bans for sellers who break the rules are mostly automated. You break a rule, you get a warning.

Having a human review a situation and solve a ticket, is definitely not automated, so it takes time.

I have been here for almost seven years. It has gone from very personal knowing people in the company and communicating with them to very robotic and standard canned response.

Your description is fairly accurate, but it also kind of makes sense as Fiverr transitioned from a startup with just 10 employees and a few thousand users to a publicly traded company with millions in seed money and millions of active users.

10 employees and a few thousand users

Who made fiverr bigger ? Ans - A Great Sellers, Who have served top notch quality service to the fiverr buyers.

Once fiverr become bigger - They forgot their sellers!!

I don’t understand your logic. Don’t you think the CS system could’ve been much much better? Way before the pandemic?

How is this relevant here? 😂

My logic is simple: we are not operating under “normal” circumstances.

We are under a global pandemic, and systems that worked A-OK prior to our current situation, now barely function.

I think Fiverr CS could be improved, it’s definitely not perfect.

My point was that right now you are asking for a cleaner glass of water in a restaurant that is currently on fire.

As for my comment re: stock, I was just trying to make the distinction as you addressed me as if I was a Fiverr employee.

I’m sorry you feel this way. If I recall you used to post a lot about how unfair the system is, and how you would leave Fiverr for ever.

My guess is you didn’t find another platform that was fair.

That’s because nothing is fair when it comes to a global marketplace.

If you are looking for fair, and equal, then you are in for a shock.

Also,this is what Fiverr said on Facebook to a statement similar to yours.

Poeple don’t undestand that the pandemic really ended up bringing severe problems, add to that the fact that the number of users has tripled at the very least during the pandemic. Plus, the most important issue here, a lot of people contact CS for any stupid thing, most CS inquiries could be avoided if people just read the rules and supporting articles. So I can see why it takes more than a week for them to reply, due to all these reasons.

Poeple don’t undestand that the pandemic really ended up bringing severe problems, add to that the fact that the number of users has tripled at the very least during the pandemic.

Has Fiverr said something like that or is that your estimate only? Couldn’t the total have increased by a lot less (maybe around 15-20% increase) but the waiting time is reduced mostly due to less staff, not as much by the increase in users? Or are you basing it on more gigs being shown (total nrs of gigs shown when a search is made)?

Poeple don’t undestand that the pandemic really ended up bringing severe problems, add to that the fact that the number of users has tripled at the very least during the pandemic.

Has Fiverr said something like that or is that your estimate only? Couldn’t the total have increased by a lot less (maybe around 15-20% increase) but the waiting time is reduced mostly due to less staff, not as much by the increase in users? Or are you basing it on more gigs being shown (total nrs of gigs shown when a search is made)?

It’s a weird but strong little cocktail of both a dramatic rise in users and Fiverr HQ being on lockdown.

We are under a global pandemic, and systems that worked A-OK prior to our current situation, now barely function.

My point was that right now you are asking for a cleaner glass of water in a restaurant that is currently on fire.

As for my comment re: stock, I was just trying to make the distinction as you addressed me as if I was a Fiverr employee.

I’m sorry you feel this way. If I recall you used to post a lot about how unfair the system is, and how you would leave Fiverr for ever.

how you would leave Fiverr for ever.

That’s the actual attitude of fiverr decision maker Or planner!! They/you thinking, Fiverr have enough service provider and If any one have problem to their system - They could leave there marketplace.

Forgot that, Fiverr is now public private company as per stock market. Might be i’m wrong!!

how you would leave Fiverr for ever.

That’s the actual attitude of fiverr decision maker Or planner!! They/you thinking, Fiverr have enough service provider and If any one have problem to their system - They could leave there marketplace.

Forgot that, Fiverr is now public private company as per stock market. Might be i’m wrong!!

Again I am sorry you feel this way.

Fiverr changed multiple times and it sounds like you weren’t able to adapt to one or all of the changes.

Once a marketplace shifts, if sellers don’t follow they are indeed left behind.

@andarian Yes I think that’s true. I think some CS agents were in the US and most of them were in Israel. I could be mistaken.

Obviously this is not a “normal” circumstance.

I’m not asking for anything, I’m just criticizing. They could bring down that fire if they allocate some resources to buy some fire extinguishers don’t you think? 😉

Fiverr changed multiple times

They have changed multiple times but I’ve just seen improvements to acquire more sellers, Which I know is key to run the whole site but I have seen no improvement done for the sellers side. At least in CS. It’s like they know we’ll be here anyways we don’t have to care about them, just gonna do other things brb.

as you addressed me as if I was a Fiverr employee.

I know that only a fraction of Fiverr staff had the ability/resources to work from home.

You talked as if you are a Fiverr employee. Sorry about that.

Obviously this is not a “normal” circumstance.

I’m not asking for anything, I’m just criticizing. They could bring down that fire if they allocate some resources to buy some fire extinguishers don’t you think? 😉

Fiverr changed multiple times

They have changed multiple times but I’ve just seen improvements to acquire more sellers, Which I know is key to run the whole site but I have seen no improvement done for the sellers side. At least in CS. It’s like they know we’ll be here anyways we don’t have to care about them, just gonna do other things brb.

as you addressed me as if I was a Fiverr employee.

I know that only a fraction of Fiverr staff had the ability/resources to work from home.

Your complaints are valid.

We all would benefit if Fiverr somehow improved their ticketing system.

Performance is actually a lot of things:

-Speed

-Quality of responses

-Ability to handle complicated disputes

So yes, we definitely have a right to express wanting to have a better system in place. I was merely suggesting that the timing is off.

I see a lot of people opening multiple tickets because they are not receiving answers, which of course makes things so much worse for everyone.

All I am saying is we need to be patient. Even if Fiverr can re-allocate resources, it won’t happen overnight and it won’t happen right now when they are under heavy pressure.

All we can do is try NOT to open a support ticket for trivial things and bombard them with requests.

I spoke not from a position of authority, but simply because I happen to talk to a lot of Fiverr employees often and I happen to know a few things.

It seems to me that the matter here is much simpler and more prosaic. The company made more money every year. And it was focused on the buyer, and not on the seller for the most part, since the money passes from them and decided to go in this direction. “If you don’t do it, someone else will do it” - as there are more and more freelancers every year. Even BBB in 2018 and 2019 gave them a “bad grade” for support. So we get such a result, there is a pandemic - there is none, it would not change much. Here is my opinion on this occasion, disappointing).
Further we go, worse it becomes. I hope I’m wrong and they will change their policies and attitudes.

It seems to me that the matter here is much simpler and more prosaic. The company made more money every year. And it was focused on the buyer, and not on the seller for the most part, since the money passes from them and decided to go in this direction. “If you don’t do it, someone else will do it” - as there are more and more freelancers every year. Even BBB in 2018 and 2019 gave them a “bad grade” for support. So we get such a result, there is a pandemic - there is none, it would not change much. Here is my opinion on this occasion, disappointing).

Further we go, worse it becomes. I hope I’m wrong and they will change their policies and attitudes.

The company made more money every year.

That’s what a company should strive to do, in a capitalistic system.

And it was focused on the buyer

Focusing on the client is definitely the only way to go, for any company.

“If you don’t do it, someone else will do it”

This is true in the global marketplace, not just Fiverr. The technology is now freely available, there’s less and less gatekeeping when it comes to knowledge.

If you don’t take on a project, there are probably a lot of freelancers who will.

That’s why I always say you need to stand out more as a freelancer and not join the race to the bottom.

I never said Fiverr’s support system was good prior to the pandemic.

I am just saying that right now it’s lacking for a different set of reasons.

The company made more money every year.

That’s what a company should strive to do, in a capitalistic system.

And it was focused on the buyer

Focusing on the client is definitely the only way to go, for any company.

“If you don’t do it, someone else will do it”

This is true in the global marketplace, not just Fiverr. The technology is now freely available, there’s less and less gatekeeping when it comes to knowledge.

If you don’t take on a project, there are probably a lot of freelancers who will.

That’s why I always say you need to stand out more as a freelancer and not join the race to the bottom.

I never said Fiverr’s support system was good prior to the pandemic.

I am just saying that right now it’s lacking for a different set of reasons.

True, but I came from comparisons with other platforms where the support is “better”. Since many friends are freelancers, and not all of them on fiverr conduct their activities (some on photo-video stocks, some on other freelance platforms). I talked about it.

True, but I came from comparisons with other platforms where the support is “better”. Since many friends are freelancers, and not all of them on fiverr conduct their activities (some on photo-video stocks, some on other freelance platforms). I talked about it.

I am not using any other platforms, so I am unable to make such a comparison.

Also,this is what Fiverr said on Facebook to a statement similar to yours.

Poeple don’t undestand that the pandemic really ended up bringing severe problems, add to that the fact that the number of users has tripled at the very least during the pandemic. Plus, the most important issue here, a lot of people contact CS for any stupid thing, most CS inquiries could be avoided if people just read the rules and supporting articles. So I can see why it takes more than a week for them to reply, due to all these reasons.

Plus, the most important issue here, a lot of people contact CS for any stupid thing, most CS inquiries could be avoided if people just read the rules and supporting articles. So I can see why it takes more than a week for them to reply, due to all these reasons.

Bravo!

I can only speak to my own experience - but I sent out an email and got a response the same day. It was a personalized and relevant response too. So I was actually quite pleased with the response I got.

My experience has been the same. My answer was received within their standard 48 hour window.

Or are you basing it on more gigs being shown (total nrs of gigs shown when a search is made)?

Based on search. Most of the popular categories have a 2x or 3x increase. Sure, it’s an estimate and I might be off. But the truth is that the number of users is way higher than it ever was before.

Or are you basing it on more gigs being shown (total nrs of gigs shown when a search is made)?

Based on search. Most of the popular categories have a 2x or 3x increase. Sure, it’s an estimate and I might be off. But the truth is that the number of users is way higher than it ever was before.

Thanks. I thought Fiverr might have said somewhere too. In their shareholder letter for Q2 2020 they say “Active buyers grew 28% y/y” so if the number of users in total tripled that’s way more than the active buyers so there won’t be many orders to go around on average (maybe why sellers are have reported less sales?). The seller ids since December 2019 only seem to have increased by around 14% but I assume there could be more gaps from deactivated/unused numbers in the ones before Dec 2019 since that won’t represent the actual number of sellers.

They said in May 2019 "Since inception, we have facilitated over 50 million transactions between over 5.5 million buyers and more than 830,000 sellers on our platform. " but they don’t seem to have said what that 830,000 sellers has changed to now.

Thanks. I thought Fiverr might have said somewhere too. In their shareholder letter for Q2 2020 they say “Active buyers grew 28% y/y” so if the number of users in total tripled that’s way more than the active buyers so there won’t be many orders to go around on average (maybe why sellers are have reported less sales?). The seller ids since December 2019 only seem to have increased by around 14% but I assume there could be more gaps from deactivated/unused numbers in the ones before Dec 2019 since that won’t represent the actual number of sellers.

They said in May 2019 "Since inception, we have facilitated over 50 million transactions between over 5.5 million buyers and more than 830,000 sellers on our platform. " but they don’t seem to have said what that 830,000 sellers has changed to now.

It’s an estimate for the most common categories.

Archived