Make Multiple Orders and Re-Ordering Simpler for Buyers

istanley

Hi all. I’ve become a frequent buyer here on Fiverr, but Fiverr makes it frustrating to place multiple orders or to re-order a gig you’ve gotten before. I’ve experienced each of these issues now, and I thought I’d share them so that sellers understand how confusing it can be to re-order or to place a multi order.

I recently found a seller whose work I LOVE, but in order to get what I needed I had to order 2 gigs at one time. That wasn’t so much of a problem, until I got to the gig extras. Apparently, you cannot order more than 1 gig at a time AND add on gig extras. I tried to do it several ways, but it never worked. So I went ahead and ordered 2 gigs thinking that I’d be given the opportunity to order the extra on the screen where you submit details to start your order. Unfortunately, the gig extras didn’t appear there either. So at no point during my order was I able to place an order for 2 gigs at once AND a gig extra. Fiverr needs to fix this. There will undoubtedly be situations where buyers will have to do this to get what they need. I don’t know why they place such limits on this.

Today I had issues with re-ordering. I was excited to be able to re-order the gig from above. However, I had no idea how frustrating that process would be. When you’ve already ordered a particular gig, Fiverr doesn’t give all of the normal options. It didn’t give me the option to order more than one (I needed to order 2 again, just as before). Also, none of the gig extras were made available…not on the gig page itself or on the order page. So I had to purchase as 2 separate gigs with their own separate order numbers, even though they are for the same project, and was not given the option to purchase any gig extras at all (so no 1080p HD for me 😦 ). This was confusing to me, and will likely be confusing to the seller. I’m sure we’ll get it worked out since he can verify that I’ve paid a full $10, but it shouldn’t have to be that hard.

Fiverr needs to update their buying process so that it’s easier for buyers to request everything they need in one go and so that sellers can easily make more money. As it is, their system cheated my seller out of an extra $5. Unfortunately, the process is way to frustrating for me to want to go through it again today. It would be nice to have a button that allows you to exactly repeat your previous order. It would also be nice if they provided all of the same options at every stage in the buying process, whether a buyer has ordered the same gig before or not. This would have made both my situations a heck of a lot easier and I wouldn’t have had to do so much explaining for the seller to understand what I needed and that I’d actually paid everything.

I will probably be making many more purchases here on Fiverr, and I expect that I’ll run into this issue again sooner rather than later. Fiverr, please update your buying process and options!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, I’m glad I’m not the only one who finds Fiverr a confusing site to navigate. I can’t even find where to place the order. I’ve listed the gig, got five responses, chose one and now I’m stumped. The seller says to go to his site, but when I click on the link I just get taken to a ‘Order Now’ or something similar which takes me to PayPal. I need to specify the job before I am willing to pay. Can anyone tell me the actual step-by-step process for ordering on Fiverr. I do feel a bit dense not being able to work this one out, but I’m stumped. Would appreciate someone enlightening me. I just don’t know where to find the screen to submit the order to start the process. Thanks in advance. Cheers X(

Reply to @nikib3: If you want to submit instructions, you have to pay first by hitting the “order now” button.

Once you have purchased the gig you will be able to see the buyer’s list of requirements for him/her to process your order. Once you submit those instructions the countdown on the order will start.

You CAN message the buyer before you purchase a gig, though, by hitting the (unnecessarily tiny) text on the right side of the gig under his/her profile description that says “contact me”.

I agree! Both buyers and sellers could benefit by being able to order multiples of the same gig at one time – rather than having to place separate orders for each one. Especially when it comes to shipping charges. I’ve lost three sales (that I know of) because of this issue. A major bummer!

Im a repeat buyer with my guy and he has a repeat order button and indeed i can buy multiple orders so i guess fiver have listened a little however…i can never find the damn button, my seller has to keep sending me a link to the ‘re order page’.

what this means is that my orders (a few) get confused and no one is sure what or when things have been paid which has just happened. so my guy is late on delivering through no fault of theirs.

the buying page is probably the most critical and should be made so obvious at every stage you could do it blind folded. otherwise fiver dies.

its a bit like the legendary ‘share’ button on you tube. It shows up in 7 different places on one page, its impossible not to be able to share videos, this is why it became the worlds no 1 video site and not vimeo.

make buying easy- NO1 rule of retail !!!

• 3 weeks later...

my buyer faced this issue too. he is supposed to make 4 orders(multiple) but he says he can’t. I was kind of shocked because as a level one seller then, I should be getting up to 4 multiple orders. so what the guy did was to order my $10 extras and I have asked him to add another $5 order separately

• 10 months later...

Feeling your pain guys. In fact, I can’t seem to figure out why Fiverr doesn’t allow us to pre-purchase gigs in bulk.

Think about it; wouldn’t it be nice to order $100 (20 gigs) in one purchase, then use your ‘gig credits’ as needed (instead of going through the purchase process for each and every purchase).

WHY HASN’T FIVERR THOUGHT OF THIS YET?

• 3 months later...

After three tries, I haven’t been able to get an answer, from Fiverr support, on how to order from a previous seller. Maybe these guys that Fiverr hired to answer questions don’t know either. How do I order from previous seller? Is that a complicated question? Feel sorry for the sellers, too. We need to pray for Fiverr to get a “spirit of excellence!” God Bless! Dr. Gary

• 1 month later...

I’m in the same boat. Want to do more business with a previous seller, but cannot get any previous orders - from any seller I’ve purchased from. It’s like once you’re done and given a rating,out you go and you can start from the group up once again. NOT GOOD. WHERE ARE MY PREVIOUS SELLERS?

I’ve purchased services off hundreds of websites over the years and fiverr is by far the most frustrating. Just the task of re-ordering more from the same supplier or multiple orders is nearly impossible. If there is a simple way, it’s not obvious to me or most others I’ve spoken to. The buying process is inflexible and a real nightmare.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

this is a no brainer slam dunk easy business task… just add a reorder button under the fiverr pro when they complete a task or in the shopping cart page… please… the other option is when we do “request gig”, add a spot for us to fill in the requested fiverr, or add this to the contacts section

I’ve given you three ideas… come on, you want it…

Archived