Scheduled Maintenance Downtime

mjensen415

Can someone tell me why everyone is concerned about the maintenance and if it happened or not? The only reason it was mentioned in the first place was to let us know the site would go down a couple of times.

Why won’t they be concerned? A lot of sellers complaining gigs disappearing from the search box, do you think it is ordinary… If you’re not affected by the current issue, let the affected souls voice out please.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why won’t they be concerned? A lot of sellers complaining gigs disappearing from the search box, do you think it is ordinary… If you’re not affected by the current issue, let the affected souls voice out please.

Well, what those complaining sellers don’t understand is the algorithm is dynamic. Even for me with thousands of reviews for my gig… I had 2 weeks when it was nowhere to be found, no inbox messages and so on. Things are back, it might happen again though. It’s normal, they are constantly promoting other sellers.

So yes, I agree with @misscrystal, this is normal, and there’s nothing to worry about. Another thing would be the stats not being active. The best way to see any gig’s performance is through sales. Impressions are useless, I don’t care how many people see my gig in its category, what I care about is how many sales I make. Again, it’s just me, but I do believe a lot of people are over-reacting with the gig cycling. There’s no need to be concerned, there are customers and sales for everyone.

Well, what those complaining sellers don’t understand is the algorithm is dynamic. Even for me with thousands of reviews for my gig… I had 2 weeks when it was nowhere to be found, no inbox messages and so on. Things are back, it might happen again though. It’s normal, they are constantly promoting other sellers.

So yes, I agree with @misscrystal, this is normal, and there’s nothing to worry about. Another thing would be the stats not being active. The best way to see any gig’s performance is through sales. Impressions are useless, I don’t care how many people see my gig in its category, what I care about is how many sales I make. Again, it’s just me, but I do believe a lot of people are over-reacting with the gig cycling. There’s no need to be concerned, there are customers and sales for everyone.

Thank you for clarifying all this. Gigs being shuffled around is normal. For everyone who is unhappy there is someone who is happy. Gigs don’t usually remain in one place.

On 5/11/2020 at 1:40 PM, donnovan86 said:

Everything you said is just an assumption… because you don’t know how the algorithm works… Though it is dynamic… but you can’t tell when the algorithm is faulty or not… Why do we have debugging in programming?

On 5/11/2020 at 1:43 PM, misscrystal said:

Thank you for clarifying all this. Gigs being shuffled around is normal. For everyone who is unhappy there is someone who is happy. Gigs don’t usually remain in one place.

Nobody is disputing about gigs been shuffled… Gig disappearing from the search is normal to you? Gig sent to the last page with 100 percent record is normal to you? I’m not saying gigs are not been rotating frequently but when something strange happens, we should carefully look at it and stop acting like CS here…

Nobody is disputing about gigs been shuffled… Gig disappearing from the search is normal to you? Gig sent to the last page with 100 percent record is normal to you? I’m not saying gigs are not been rotating frequently but when something strange happens, we should carefully look at it and stop acting like CS here…

Gig disappearing from the search is normal to you? Gig sent to the last page with 100 percent record is normal to you?

It’s happened to me too at times so yes it’s normal. If normal means it happens sometimes. My best gig I’ve had for years was sent to the last page for over a year. It had been on the first page top row. Now it’s back on the first page.

I’ve been here a long time, long enough to know anything is possible.

OK, but honestly why do you need this? It is like you open a store and you had someone writing what colors were the pants of people entering your store. I get that you can do some changes and monitor how is the change affecting your visibility and clicks but overall I experience no difference in having statistics visible and not. I get same amount of orders that have nothing to do with statistics. My highest performing GIG is the gig I worked the most to be the best.

It’s so true.

No one complaining about this understands the context of the data. They just want confirmation bias that if something boosts their impressions, they should keep doing it.

It means absolutely nothing.

Can someone tell me why everyone is concerned about the maintenance and if it happened or not? The only reason it was mentioned in the first place was to let us know the site would go down a couple of times.

Can someone tell me why everyone is concerned about the maintenance and if it happened or not?

I can’t speak for others; I’m asking about the maintenance because I prefer being prepared. I’d like to know if there will be a downtime (and when). Also, it’s not uncommon for glitches to happen shortly after the maintenance, and I prefer knowing when to expect them.

I think they have lied from us that the data is calculating and everything is normal but the problem is just it is not showing maybe one of their servers is down and they have lost the data if the data was there it should have been transferred to the new server by now this issue is up for two weeks and is a huge failure for fiverr and its staff

I think they have lied from us that the data is calculating and everything is normal but the problem is just it is not showing maybe one of their servers is down and they have lost the data if the data was there it should have been transferred to the new server by now this issue is up for two weeks and is a huge failure for fiverr and its staff

and is a huge failure for fiverr and its staff

Why is this a failure? It doesn’t affect sales, people continue to work here and make money… If that would stop then sure it would be a failure but now… everything is normal.

Random impressions, views and clicks generator built into gigs page would solve the issue forever.

There is an extreme demand for these figures. Moreover the audience likely do not have a clue of data analytics and especially use of it so such a fix would be win win 😃

and is a huge failure for fiverr and its staff

Why is this a failure? It doesn’t affect sales, people continue to work here and make money… If that would stop then sure it would be a failure but now… everything is normal.

Donnovan Its affecting the sales as almost 70% of sellers are saying that their gigs are now showing in search from 28 April and I am also facing the same issues before this issue my gig was on page 1 and always shown in search with keywords but now my gig is no where and I had stopoped receiving msgs from clients in inbox

You are lucky that your business is still now affected

Lets hope that this issue will be solved soon 😬

Donnovan Its affecting the sales as almost 70% of sellers are saying that their gigs are now showing in search from 28 April and I am also facing the same issues before this issue my gig was on page 1 and always shown in search with keywords but now my gig is no where and I had stopoped receiving msgs from clients in inbox

My gigs were moved to the last page or removed completely from search during April.

It’s a part of the gig rotation system…

My gigs were moved to the last page or removed completely from search during April.

Gigs moved its a part of rotation we all know, but gigs fully removed from search list its not a part of rotation system. most of the seller affected that’s why they complaining. whither my gigs all time stay 1st page last 4 month but now suddenly its totally removed from search list when the Gigs bug started! how can it be normal!

my gig is on first page and 4-5 th position when i type page typing job. 😆

Gigs moved its a part of rotation we all know, but gigs fully removed from search list its not a part of rotation system. most of the seller affected that’s why they complaining. whither my gigs all time stay 1st page last 4 month but now suddenly its totally removed from search list when the Gigs bug started! how can it be normal!

how can it be normal!

Well, gigs are not removed from search completely. Check the Fiverr support tool and you will see they are still active. You just can’t see them, but customers can. This issue you say it’s not normal… it happens to me every few months. It’s ok, things get back to normal. As I said I had less sales, almost no messages last month but things eventually come back if you deliver on time and provide value to customers.

On 5/12/2020 at 8:24 AM, donnovan86 said:

My gigs were moved to the last page or removed completely from search during April. It’s a part of the gig rotation system…

Our gigs are not even searched with full title hahaha its part of bug we know what results in rotation and disapperarance

On 5/12/2020 at 8:26 AM, donnovan86 said:

Well, gigs are not removed from search completely. Check the Fiverr support tool and you will see they are still active. You just can’t see them, but customers can. This issue you say it’s not normal… it happens to me every few months. It’s ok, things get back to normal. As I said I had less sales, almost no messages last month but things eventually come back if you deliver on time and provide value to customers.

Well I also know how fiverr works but you had to admit that bug is affecting many sellers badly if you are not affected just chill

Right, when I contact CS they find my gigs by using all the filters. but my gigs easily found by keyword. most of the buyer don’t like to use too much filter. in this term I may know my gigs active or not but its not the solution.

Right, when I contact CS they find my gigs by using all the filters. but my gigs easily found by keyword. most of the buyer don’t like to use too much filter. in this term I may know my gigs active or not but its not the solution.

Place in search isn’t guaranteed.

Some sellers take it for granted that, if their gigs get to the first page, they’re guaranteed to stay there. They’re not.

You were given a place on the first page for 4 months, now it’s someone else’s turn.

That’s a really illogical conclusion.

You don’t have analytics and your gig dropped in rank, therefore A+B=X? What a fallacy.

It also contradicts how algorithms work.

This makes no sense at all. You are in no position to speculate because you don’t even understand the fundamentals and all you’re using is faulty logic.

Yes but not with keyword when you apply online sellers go to category then go to select country then maybe u find

I just say that your gigs can be found.

They maybe a bit lower on the list because there was a rainy day in my country yesterday.

Who would put whole gig title in search? None.

I searched one tag from your gig and selected your country so that I do not need to go through all the pages. Found you on page 4.

I searched two words from your gig title and selected your country so that I do not need to go through all pages. Found you on page 1.

Isn’t it interesting?

I think they have lied from us that the data is calculating and everything is normal

I actually had this happen twice at my former places of employment. The servers would crash and burn and then the development team would pretend the things were fine for months while at the same time tentatively asking people if they had any of the source files backed up at home somewhere. I’m not saying that it happened here, just reminiscing about the good times. 🙂

That being said, fiverr has been acting funny as soon as May rolled around for me. I wouldn’t call any of this “normal”. Granted, it’s been only two weeks and it’s too early to be exhausted by it but it’s also the longest period in my memory when I’ve questioned everything I thought I understood about the site.

I’d nuke the statistics page altogether if it’s either not coming back or becoming something else entirely. Put up a video the way they did with St.Levels day, promise new exciting changes and that’s it.

‘Cause now the message that is being put up does sound like that they’re working on bringing things back the way they were. It makes everyone report the same bug over and over and jump every time the word “maintenance” is being mentioned.

Archived