Privacy/project for my work

g20raff

You do not put age or gender? Thats just crazy. So what I find out you are 80 years old when I call you for interview? What country is that. I have CVs from USA, EU and China and they all have what I said and more and more. https://www.visualcv.com/international/usa-cv/ here, standard USA CV. For myself, a seafarer we have to put shoe size and coverall size so company can prepare that on board. Also blood type as well.

So you’re admitting to ageism in hiring? If someone is 80 years old, so flipping what, can they do they work? The amount of children I have, my age, and marital status have zero influence on my quality of work.

So you’re admitting to ageism in hiring? If someone is 80 years old, so flipping what, can they do they work? The amount of children I have, my age, and marital status have zero influence on my quality of work.

I am not talking any of that. I am just saying that my official CV has all the data and CV is public so to claim privacy is ridicules. My boss needs to know my age, how many children I have, my blood type, shoe size, coverall, all of that. It changes drastically paperwork, insurance and preparations. It has nothing to do with hiring selection.

I am not talking any of that. I am just saying that my official CV has all the data and CV is public so to claim privacy is ridicules. My boss needs to know my age, how many children I have, my blood type, shoe size, coverall, all of that. It changes drastically paperwork, insurance and preparations. It has nothing to do with hiring selection.

I am not talking any of that. I am just saying that my official CV has all the data and CV is public so to claim privacy is ridicules. My boss needs to know my age, how many children I have, my blood type, shoe size, coverall, all of that.

Who is your boss? A human trafficker?

It might have been okay to put some of the information you are putting on your CV down 30-years ago. However, these days, this is just asking for trouble. With your date of birth, bank account number, and address, it is ridiculously easy to steal someones identity, attempt a sim swapping hack, and do a host of other nasty things.

Everything you are saying here is not at all standard practice anywhere in the world. All the information you are listing is something you might give an employer after you have been hired. To put all of this on a CV is just dangerous.

I am not talking any of that. I am just saying that my official CV has all the data and CV is public so to claim privacy is ridicules. My boss needs to know my age, how many children I have, my blood type, shoe size, coverall, all of that.

Who is your boss? A human trafficker?

It might have been okay to put some of the information you are putting on your CV down 30-years ago. However, these days, this is just asking for trouble. With your date of birth, bank account number, and address, it is ridiculously easy to steal someones identity, attempt a sim swapping hack, and do a host of other nasty things.

Everything you are saying here is not at all standard practice anywhere in the world. All the information you are listing is something you might give an employer after you have been hired. To put all of this on a CV is just dangerous.

OK. You are obviously a civilian working in civilian environment. When you see al this data on CV you think that this CV will be reviewed by some civilian boss who is going to use the data and select accordingly (judgmentally). So let me correct you. The person who reads CV of people like me in my profession looks for past employment, skills, certificates, training. The personal data on first page is there to facilitate paperwork because if I am hired probably they would deploy me in next 24 hours so there is no room for discovering 7 days later when i am in the middle of the ocean that i have a child home who needs to be taken to kindergarden or that my blood type is rare so they would need to get heli to take me to ER in case of emergency instead of local hospital on board.

This is standard EU CV if you download any template from EU, UK, USA you will see it is the same. So i do not understand the shocker here. I literally can not even comprehend from what countries you are from when you do not have this standard data on your CV. But this is not me being disrespectful. I worked and I have been in USA, Africa, China, Australia, so … the CV template is always the same, in all companies.

“I don’t want my work to find out but I require it to look great.”

If you create something for a company, you need permission from that company to share it with anyone. If I found out someone was sharing company documents with a third party without my express permission, I’d fire them and report it. It doesn’t matter if it’s confidential or not. This is not your decision to make and it’s not at all appropriate to do this without their permission. The fact that you want “to look good” doesn’t change that.

It’s also not financially wise to invest in something with your own money for the sake of their business.

“I don’t want my work to find out but I require it to look great.”

If you create something for a company, you need permission from that company to share it with anyone. If I found out someone was sharing company documents with a third party without my express permission, I’d fire them and report it. It doesn’t matter if it’s confidential or not. This is not your decision to make and it’s not at all appropriate to do this without their permission. The fact that you want “to look good” doesn’t change that.

It’s also not financially wise to invest in something with your own money for the sake of their business.

PERFECT. Short. Straight to the point. Nothing more to say. Thank you for being the voice of reason on Forum.

Enabling the buyer to contact me outside Fiverr, as if he can not do it whenever he wants? If he googles my Fiverr account name he will find my full CV, home address, date of birth, my phone, Viber, Whatsapp… It is against TOS to communicate outside Fiverr regarding order but I do not understand how can signing NDA or NNN be a violation of TOS. I mean, when I needed 3D drawing for my PATENT project there is no way I would share the sketch if the seller was not willing to sign NNN before hand. It is my PATENT, not some logo anime OBS drawing PSD template. Highly sensitive data.

“I do not understand how can signing NDA or NNN be a violation of TOS.”

Marina, an NDA requires you to share your personal contact information and you know that Fiverr doesn’t allow that. Just because someone could find that info by searching you, that doesn’t make it okay to disclose it and it would no business sense at all for Fiverr to endorse you doing something that would involve sharing your contact info as they’d be endorsing you to abuse the system. It’s one thing if it is possible for you to find a way to abuse the system. It’s quite another for a company to give you the means to sabotage it.

In any case, this is Fiverr’s ToS and you don’t get to choose how or if it applies to you. If you don’t like the ToS, don’t use the service.

“I do not understand how can signing NDA or NNN be a violation of TOS.”

Marina, an NDA requires you to share your personal contact information and you know that Fiverr doesn’t allow that. Just because someone could find that info by searching you, that doesn’t make it okay to disclose it and it would no business sense at all for Fiverr to endorse you doing something that would involve sharing your contact info as they’d be endorsing you to abuse the system. It’s one thing if it is possible for you to find a way to abuse the system. It’s quite another for a company to give you the means to sabotage it.

In any case, this is Fiverr’s ToS and you don’t get to choose how or if it applies to you. If you don’t like the ToS, don’t use the service.

Sorry, but you are wrong on this. One hour ago I received email from CS saying that it is OK and acceptable to sign NNN or NDA if both parties involved agree upon this and all is done through Fiverr DM or Order messaging.

Our policies already contemplate that sellers shouldn’t use any of the information provided by the buyer for any other purpose than the completion of an order but if a buyer requires you to sign any form of agreement before proceeding you are welcome to do so, as long as you make sure to maintain all communication within the platform then you wouldn’t be interacting outside of Fiverr.

Kind regards,

Fernando

Sorry, but you are wrong on this. One hour ago I received email from CS saying that it is OK and acceptable to sign NNN or NDA if both parties involved agree upon this and all is done through Fiverr DM or Order messaging.

Our policies already contemplate that sellers shouldn’t use any of the information provided by the buyer for any other purpose than the completion of an order but if a buyer requires you to sign any form of agreement before proceeding you are welcome to do so, as long as you make sure to maintain all communication within the platform then you wouldn’t be interacting outside of Fiverr.

Kind regards,

Fernando

If it’s required for the work, fine. But it isn’t required or appropriate in this case.

“Both parties”

There aren’t two parties in this buyer’s scenario.

There are 3: the employer making the order, the employee and the Fiverr seller.

The buyer is suggesting he cut his employer out of the equation. That’s not okay and an NDA doesn’t change that. In an NDA, you can’t be autonomous of your company anyway, not ethically.

OK. You are obviously a civilian working in civilian environment. When you see al this data on CV you think that this CV will be reviewed by some civilian boss who is going to use the data and select accordingly (judgmentally). So let me correct you. The person who reads CV of people like me in my profession looks for past employment, skills, certificates, training. The personal data on first page is there to facilitate paperwork because if I am hired probably they would deploy me in next 24 hours so there is no room for discovering 7 days later when i am in the middle of the ocean that i have a child home who needs to be taken to kindergarden or that my blood type is rare so they would need to get heli to take me to ER in case of emergency instead of local hospital on board.

This is standard EU CV if you download any template from EU, UK, USA you will see it is the same. So i do not understand the shocker here. I literally can not even comprehend from what countries you are from when you do not have this standard data on your CV. But this is not me being disrespectful. I worked and I have been in USA, Africa, China, Australia, so … the CV template is always the same, in all companies.

The personal data on first page is there to facilitate paperwork because if I am hired probably they would deploy me in next 24 hours so there is no room for discovering 7 days later when i am in the middle of the ocean that i have a child home who needs to be taken to kindergarden or that my blood type is rare so they would need to get heli to take me to ER in case of emergency

Yes, because at no point would you think, "mmhh, if I take this job, I will have to immediately abandon my child, but I’m sure everything will be fine, my employer will take care of things."

If it’s required for the work, fine. But it isn’t required or appropriate in this case.

“Both parties”

There aren’t two parties in this buyer’s scenario.

There are 3: the employer making the order, the employee and the Fiverr seller.

The buyer is suggesting he cut his employer out of the equation. That’s not okay and an NDA doesn’t change that. In an NDA, you can’t be autonomous of your company anyway, not ethically.

Yes, I agree.

But now we are being too high on the moral part here. In all companies you have 30% of workers who are not capable or qualified to complete the work and they do outsourcing, officially or privately, but they do it, I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. What are you going to do, get him fired? If the government was forced to fire every person who placed MS Office under the Skills section in the CV and actually has no idea how to use Office, 75% of people would be unemployed tomorrow.

The personal data on first page is there to facilitate paperwork because if I am hired probably they would deploy me in next 24 hours so there is no room for discovering 7 days later when i am in the middle of the ocean that i have a child home who needs to be taken to kindergarden or that my blood type is rare so they would need to get heli to take me to ER in case of emergency

Yes, because at no point would you think, "mmhh, if I take this job, I will have to immediately abandon my child, but I’m sure everything will be fine, my employer will take care of things."

Well, my employers do take care of that, they hire nanny and pay for her.

Yes, I agree.

But now we are being too high on the moral part here. In all companies you have 30% of workers who are not capable or qualified to complete the work and they do outsourcing, officially or privately, but they do it, I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. What are you going to do, get him fired? If the government was forced to fire every person who placed MS Office under the Skills section in the CV and actually has no idea how to use Office, 75% of people would be unemployed tomorrow.

“In all companies you have 30% of workers who are not capable or qualified to complete the work and they do outsourcing, officially or privately, but they do it, I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. What are you going to do, get him fired?”

That doesn’t make it okay to go behind your company’s back and do whatever you want, regardless if it is in their best interests. When you create something for your job, your job owns it. Therefore it is up to them and you need their permission. Period.

If they want to outsource or if outsourcing is advantageous, that’s THEIR choice, not yours.

“In all companies you have 30% of workers who are not capable or qualified to complete the work and they do outsourcing, officially or privately, but they do it, I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. What are you going to do, get him fired?”

That doesn’t make it okay to go behind your company’s back and do whatever you want, regardless if it is in their best interests. When you create something for your job, your job owns it. Therefore it is up to them and you need their permission. Period.

If they want to outsource or if outsourcing is advantageous, that’s THEIR choice, not yours.

I am not doing the outsourcing, I am the outsourcee 😃 I tried showing them how to create table in excel and how to go to next page in word but I just lost my patience and it is easier and faster if I just do it, send them the files, they change the name and let it go, let it go Elsa.

I agree with you. If he has sensitive data in PPT he should not share it without permission.

I am not doing the outsourcing, I am the outsourcee 😃 I tried showing them how to create table in excel and how to go to next page in word but I just lost my patience and it is easier and faster if I just do it, send them the files, they change the name and let it go, let it go Elsa.

I agree with you. If he has sensitive data in PPT he should not share it without permission.

To clarify, when I say “you” I don’t mean you personally.

To clarify, when I say “you” I don’t mean you personally.

Yes, I know you are a professional in typing and I understand the words and in between the words. We are missing here the “body language” part of the conversation since what I mean and what I can express in a few written sentences is sometimes slightly different.

It’s funny all this discussion around signing a NDA… No one has stopped to think it just makes no sense at all, other than getting personal information from sellers.

Who can guarantee any seller is providing true information written on it? And even if it were true, how will any one sue the seller(s) for breaking the agreement, especially living in a different country?

Yeah, demanding a NDA to be signed sounds pompous, but that’s about it… Pompous! In reality, it has no real or practical effect.

I have signed Digital NDAs for people. It includes my Name, Fiverr profile, and an understanding that if there is a legal issue, the Buyer’s lawyer can contact Fiverr to contact me. I haven’t asked permission for this as all of that is on my profile/common sense already.
I charge $25 extra for a signed and scanned document because I love trees and don’t want to kill them for something as pointless as the threat of me stealing someone’s business idea. People almost always realize that a digital signature is fine at that point.

As to what the OP asked, remove all identifiable data and and replace it with XXXX.
My name is XXXXX XXXXXXXX and I work for XXXX XXXX in Spain. Phone Number XXXXXXXX
etc.
Then add it back in yourself at the end.

I have signed Digital NDAs for people. It includes my Name, Fiverr profile, and an understanding that if there is a legal issue, the Buyer’s lawyer can contact Fiverr to contact me. I haven’t asked permission for this as all of that is on my profile/common sense already.

I charge $25 extra for a signed and scanned document because I love trees and don’t want to kill them for something as pointless as the threat of me stealing someone’s business idea. People almost always realize that a digital signature is fine at that point.

As to what the OP asked, remove all identifiable data and and replace it with XXXX.

My name is XXXXX XXXXXXXX and I work for XXXX XXXX in Spain. Phone Number XXXXXXXX

etc.

Then add it back in yourself at the end.

there is a legal issue, the Buyer’s lawyer can contact Fiverr to contact me.

That’s a bold move since lawyers who do this kind of internet work love to earn big fortunes shaking down people by issuing threats. Hopefully they don’t operate that way where you live.

there is a legal issue, the Buyer’s lawyer can contact Fiverr to contact me.

That’s a bold move since lawyers who do this kind of internet work love to earn big fortunes shaking down people by issuing threats. Hopefully they don’t operate that way where you live.

Well, they would need to have a case and some evidence that I had broken the NDA which seems unlikely as I wouldn’t (Mostly because the ideas are generally not the best)

Well, they would need to have a case and some evidence that I had broken the NDA which seems unlikely as I wouldn’t (Mostly because the ideas are generally not the best)

They lie and have their other lawyer friends lie for them. You don’t need to actually violate it for them to use this tactic. Don’t sign things is my advice. It’s not to your advantage. It’s not worth the risk.

Archived