Buyer want me to fill a form for hiring me

anee2girl

It sounds to me like they have ulterior motives. Maybe they’re trying to 1099 you later for tax purposes, which they’re not supposed to do. I don’t know why. But its fishy plus sharing personal contact info is frowned upon except in rare instances where needed to complete a gig (e.g. as a ghostwriter, I have to do interviews off platform sometimes but those things are stated very clearly in the gig offer upfront and are necessary to complete the gig). Simply sharing personal info for absolutely no good reason is not kosher.

The NDA may be legit by the way, but before signing any NDA please read carefully. I’m under more of these than I can count, but I also craft my own and have them standing by so I know what’s in them.

End of day, it’s a red flag (them asking for the email or other personal info). Don’t be scared to share your thoughts openly, honestly, and professionally with the buyer, and go to support if something seems fishy (anytime something seems fishy). They’re there to help.

When you say it is a buyer, have they bought from you yet? If not then ignore that message and person. Do not fill out any forms. If yes tell them you cannot complete any forms like that.

i said buyer, because i applied on his request from buyer requests. Also i have seen his profile seems like he is a seller and a buyers as well.

If the NDA requests contact information (even if that is your email address) and you provide it, then both you and the buyer will be breaching Fiverr’s terms of service. You might receive a warning - or your account could be suspended.

In seven years of working with hundreds of buyers on Fiverr and previously on other online marketplaces, I have never signed an NDA. I have always refused. If I lose the job, then so be it - at least I will be able to sleep at night. NDA’s rarely ever work in the seller’s favour.

This isn’t Hollywood where reputations and millions of dollars are at risk. It’s Fiverr.

If the NDA requests contact information (even if that is your email address) and you provide it, then both you and the buyer will be breaching Fiverr’s terms of service. You might receive a warning - or your account could be suspended.

In seven years of working with hundreds of buyers on Fiverr and previously on other online marketplaces, I have never signed an NDA. I have always refused. If I lose the job, then so be it - at least I will be able to sleep at night. NDA’s rarely ever work in the seller’s favour.

This isn’t Hollywood where reputations and millions of dollars are at risk. It’s Fiverr.

Exactly, and i have just reported that message as inappropriate.

Thanks

Archived