Does Fiverr understand the concept of business hours?

matthew24239

Someone messaged me around 8 p.m. last night. I responded around 10 a.m. this morning.

Fiverr recorded my response time as 14 hours. That’s ridiculous.

Normal people don’t start work until around 8 or 9 a.m., which means I was at most 2 hours late in responding, not 14.

I’m not going to sit in front of some electronic device 24 hours/day, desperate for the next sale.

Of course you shouldn’t spend 24 hours online no matter what Most new sellers advising on the forum.

They do take it into account and that’s why for response ratio it’s given 24 hours for you to respond before it will affect your stats.

As for the response time I would say it’s quite fair. Most of my clients messaging me at night when I’m sleeping however they are counting the average time, so the more messages you’ll get the less a stage time will be.
Mine is 4 hours and I’m working only business hours. Some people still managing to keep a stage response time at 1 hour still working only business hours.

Or do you have a better proposal to improve this system? Taking into account that it’s an international platform, people are in different time zones, and all businesses have different business hours and that some sellers will still be replying out of office hours time?

9 to 5 is a standard for employees. You are a freelancer, not an employee. The only time 9 to 5 applies in any freelancing is when it is built into your contract. Nothing in your contract with Fiverr says you work 9 to 5, therefore you don’t. You don’t get to invent policy.

And Fiverr is an online marketplace. No online marketplace runs 9 to 5. They would go out of business.

Fiverr considered it 14 hours because it was.

You have 24 hours to respond before it affects your ratings, so this doesn’t even matter.

First I want to say this is not only for your country. This is for world wide. So kindly understand there are many country people who searching projects. Also I faced it one time. My response time go to 8 hours. But it’s not fiverr fault. It’s our fault. We are not employees. We are freelancers. So we need to check our messages every time. I recomended to dawnload app and check messages. Don’t loose your customers. 🙂

First I want to say this is not only for your country. This is for world wide. So kindly understand there are many country people who searching projects. Also I faced it one time. My response time go to 8 hours. But it’s not fiverr fault. It’s our fault. We are not employees. We are freelancers. So we need to check our messages every time. I recomended to dawnload app and check messages. Don’t loose your customers. 🙂

So we need to check our messages every time.

Not while we’re sleeping, though.

Don’t loose your customers.

By not responding immediately you only lose those who need something done immediately. The rest find it perfectly fine to wait for your answer, as long as you don’t take unreasonably long to respond.

Some people still managing to keep a stage response time at 1 hour still working only business hours.

I don’t work strictly business hours (for example, I might work in the evening, too, or get up early; I’m definitely not going to wake up in the middle of the night to respond to messages), and my average response time is 1 hour. 🙂

Someone messaged me around 8 p.m. last night. I responded around 10 a.m. this morning.

Normal people don’t start work until around 8 or 9 a.m., which means I was at most 2 hours late in responding, not 14.

I’m not going to sit in front of some electronic device 24 hours/day, desperate for the next sale.

It’s not ridiculous… It’s maths… :roll_eyes:

This is not a 9-5 job.
We are not hired to work specific hours. If you only want to work during those hours, go for it, but that does not mean that people will only try to get a hold of you during average American working hours.
There are people in other time zones, whether it is 1 hour different or 15. They may be messaging during their 9-5, and you may be messaging them back at12:00 a.m.

This comes under “don’t sweat the small stuff”. It’s of no importance in any way.
You are responding when you are able to and within 24 hours so that’s good enough.

I consider working on the internet to be a 24 hour a day job in a sense. It never sleeps. I like that about it. Some can’t adjust to that and prefer a regular job with regular hours. You can set your own business hours as you want them to be on fiverr and keep to your own schedule. You are the only boss here.

Being responsive is a plus point for most clients,

that’s why I use app, that notifies even I am on move

As others have said, the time doesn’t matter. My response time is usually around 12-14 hours, and it doesn’t affect my ability to get jobs. I have set times during the day when I answer Fiverr messages. Answering throughout your regular business hours – whatever you choose those to be – is quite sufficient.

Archived