Favorite type of music? Or what you listen to while you work?

insects44

3 hours ago, smashradio said:

I keep forgetting that people actually listen to music from their own country. Must be because I'm from Norway, the coldest fu**ing country on the planet, where every single artist sings about summer with latin vibes pretending we actually enjoy ourselves, when all we do is drink homemade 96% alcohol, going skiing and... singing about summer. :classic_laugh:

Oh, and when we sing about going skiing, we do it in a way so you'd think it's actually about a summer party at Ibiza. This is not a joke. xD

Of course we listen to music from our own country, haha. I knew that Norway can have really cold weather, but I didn’t know that they were that cold. Going skiing sounds hella fun though, I personally love skiing. And honestly, if it really is that cold, then I don’t blame the people for wanting to pretend to enjoy themselves, lol. 

Daaamn, Ibiza though. Beautiful area, just beautiful. 😌

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lenasemenkova said:

Once we were walking past a loud construction site and my sister said: “Oh look, your favourite band is playing." 

I “only” met Shirley Manson at a festival because I was with someone who had to interview her. They said I could ask her a question and I just babbled some nonsense about how I wanted to grow up to be like her and how fantastic her hair looked in person. She was very nice despite my outburst. I've never met a person "from my playlist" before or after that.

Sounds like an interesting interaction, haha. Either way, at least you got to meet her, and she ended up being very nice too, so that’s a plus. 😄

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, j6nyc6 said:

I been a Hip-Hop head since I was 5 years old, so much so I now dabble in writing rap lyrics as a side hustle here on Fiverr.

Your video actually sounded really catchy, so good job!!

And wow, it’s kind of crazy to think about how much you enjoyed hip-hop for all those years, and even decided to make it a side hustle in the end. Gotta say, that sounds really neat, I’m glad that you’re doing something you have enjoyed for so long.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I’ve seen some people post songs from YouTube, so I want to do the same.

https://youtu.be/2urq2v3HprA

I really enjoy this song, and it’s an example of something I listen to. 

That being said, I pretty much listen to everything except country (with an exception of two songs) and most of rap. I guess if I had to pick the top 3 genres I listen to, I’d pick rock, j-pop/pop, and electronic. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by kai990
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

My taste is pretty varied, and a little weird tbh, but probably most heavy on the indie pop. 

I keep playlists by the year. So each year as I discover a new song I love, I'll add it to the playlist for that year, and that year's playlist is what I listen to most of the time. When the year starts winding down, I'll start to build next year's, so there is a little overlap sometimes. What's nice about that is if I want to remember how I felt during a certain year, I can pull up that playlist and it takes me back.

I also have special playlists for certain writing projects or certain moods I want to capture.

Here are three of my favorites. These are songs I like so much that I abuse them by listening to them over and over and over. There's a reason I can't work without headphones. I'm sorry, I know I should have only picked one but I love all of these so. darn. much.

Florence + The Machine - Hunger - YouTube

Jacob's Song || Brother Isaiah - YouTube

The Rocket Summer - 200,000 (official) - YouTube

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, theratypist said:

Though I sometimes would consider Taylor Swift a favorite, scratch sometimes .... often times in the car... My fiancee thankfully has not found it as a dealbreaker 😄 😂

I unashamedly love Taylor Swift, especially right around the Speak Now era. This makes my husband so angry and I Don't Care. 😆 I do love The Killers and Coldplay, too.

Edited by rachelbostwick
  • Like 11
  • Haha 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, smashradio said:

I would. I mean, find it a dealbreaker. 😂I would buy an extra car, just to avoid listening to it. 

I heard that there is a new single coming out soon recorded by all of Taylor Swift's ex boyfriends. It is called, "Maybe you're the fu**ing problem."

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 11
  • Haha 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Listening to music while working can be advantageous as it can help block out distracting background noise, reduce stress and anxiety, provide inspiration and motivation, and make tedious tasks more enjoyable. However, it can also be disadvantageous if the music is too loud or distracting, contains lyrics that require more cognitive processing, the individual is not used to it, or if the work environment is not conducive to it. It is important to find a balance that works best for each individual and their work environment. For me, I love listening to slow rock or love songs. Sometimes, I also listen to instrumentals 😀

• Like 10
  • Up 1