Favorite type of music? Or what you listen to while you work?

insects44

Nine Inch Nails

moombahton

Armin van Buuren

Scooter

Strokes, Father John Misty, and Arctic Monkeys.

Lindsey Stirling’s stuff.

Thanks for the ideas! I am kind of musical artist challenged. But I just got myself an early gift of an Amazon Alexa, and it is so nice to merely be able to tell her to play what I want to hear. Now, I have a list of what to try.

The Beatles

I was a teen when they began.

the 80’s classic hit songs.

I like the 50’s and 60’s classics.

no lyrics, mostly that’s ambient music, forest sounds, rain sounds, “focus music”, sometimes classical music, depending on the season, weather, my mood.

Right now:

I was a teen when they began.

So jealous! I wish I was around for that.

• Like 16

Anyone who loves ambient sounds (e.g. the murmur of conversation in a coffee shop), may I suggest: https://www.ambient-mixer.com/ - they have a bit of everything, from the usual rainfall / background murmur stuff up to specialized things like the “Gryffindor Common Room” and you can adjust each track to your liking, including the frequency of sound effects like page turning. 🙂

• Like 19

Anyone who loves ambient sounds (e.g. the murmur of conversation in a coffee shop), may I suggest: https://www.ambient-mixer.com/ - they have a bit of everything, from the usual rainfall / background murmur stuff up to specialized things like the “Gryffindor Common Room” and you can adjust each track to your liking, including the frequency of sound effects like page turning. 🙂

This is my jam. Thank you for sharing

• Like 16

I like to listen to rock music. My favorite bands Billy Talent, Paramore, Rise Against, System Of A Down/

As a sound designer, music producer and audio engineer I can’t listen to music while working for obvious reasons, but I listen to a Lot of music like hiphop and drum and bass mostly, NO radio or top 10 music for me!

• Like 12

oh my god. I have used ambient-mixer so many times, I love ambient noises and sounds.

• Like 12

I can’t wait to try that out. Thanks for mentioning that.

• Like 11

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm not sure if I fit into your box. Some of my favorite artists are Schiller (blend of electronic, classical, pop, synth, chill-out and ambient I guess you could say) and Finnebassen (house), but you'll also hear me listening to Industrial Black Metal (yeah, that's a thing) or Dublin Soul. I'm also taken by a lot of music scores, especially ones composed by Hans Zimmer. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 18

Aww, I found out we could only vote once. Hehe, well mine is Alternative/Indie. Coldplay, The Killers, American Authors 🙂

Though I sometimes would consider Taylor Swift a favorite, scratch sometimes .... often times in the car... My fiancee thankfully has not found it as a dealbreaker 😄 😂

I love instrumental too, when I need to focus. I play the piano and a bit of violin (not the best at it obviously -- but I just LOVE how it sounds when played right) so I love instrumental at the right times hehehe!

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 19

2 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Aww, I found out we could only vote once. Hehe, well mine is Alternative/Indie. Coldplay, The Killers, American Authors 🙂

Though I sometimes would consider Taylor Swift a favorite, scratch sometimes .... often times in the car... My fiancee thankfully has not found it as a dealbreaker 😄 😂

I would. I mean, find it a dealbreaker. 😂I would buy an extra car, just to avoid listening to it. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 10
  • Haha 8

25 minutes ago, lenasemenkova said:

I have *all* of his albums. German electronics's just the best. I may or may not have cried when I heard "Ein schöner Tag" live. 

I've met Christopher a couple of times when I was working security in my youth. I actually didn't know who he was, and didn't think much about it back then (we were mostly focused on keeping drunken fans away from the green room area), then a few years later, I was working as cabin crew. I think it was a chill-out version of Ruhe that was playing in the cabin during boarding, and I recognized it so I checked the name of the artist, and sure enough, it was Schiller. Since then, I've been a big fan! 

Ein schöner Tag is beautiful. My favorite has to be Miles and Miles or the older versions of Das Glockenspiel live.

Here's the cabin boarding music - lol 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 20

13 minutes ago, surajkartha said:

Indian style of music is different so not sure how to categorise it.. But if I were to state a few familiar names, it'd be Linkin Park, Enya, Liz Fraser, Celine Dion, Jose Gonzales, Aurora and my recent favorite Dimash.. I don't know where to categorise these singers either but ya these are my favorites..

Linkin' Park (their old stuff) was good. Used to listen to Enya when I was a kid. Celine Dion has a great voice. Not a big fan of her music though. Same goes for Dimash. I feel it becomes more of a show of how good his voice is (and don't get me wrong, it is really good!). 

I keep forgetting that people actually listen to music from their own country. Must be because I'm from Norway, the coldest fu**ing country on the planet, where every single artist sings about summer with latin vibes pretending we actually enjoy ourselves, when all we do is drink homemade 96% alcohol, going skiing and... singing about summer. :classic_laugh:

Oh, and when we sing about going skiing, we do it in a way so you'd think it's actually about a summer party at Ibiza. This is not a joke. xD

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 14
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Here's the cabin boarding music - lol 

Once we were walking past a loud construction site and my sister said: “Oh look, your favourite band is playing." 

I “only” met Shirley Manson at a festival because I was with someone who had to interview her. They said I could ask her a question and I just babbled some nonsense about how I wanted to grow up to be like her and how fantastic her hair looked in person. She was very nice despite my outburst. I've never met a person "from my playlist" before or after that.

Edited by lenasemenkova
  • Like 17
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, smashradio said:

I'm not sure if I fit into your box. Some of my favorite artists are Schiller (blend of electronic, classical, pop, synth, chill-out and ambient I guess you could say) and Finnebassen (house), but you'll also hear me listening to Industrial Black Metal (yeah, that's a thing) or Dublin Soul. I'm also taken by a lot of music scores, especially ones composed by Hans Zimmer. 

Wow, that’s interesting! I’ve been wanting to find new music to listen to, so I’ll actually try listening to the artists you just mentioned. I enjoyed the video, I like how the beginning part transformed into something bigger and catchy. 🙂

• Like 14

4 hours ago, theratypist said:

I love instrumental too, when I need to focus. I play the piano and a bit of violin (not the best at it obviously -- but I just LOVE how it sounds when played right) so I love instrumental at the right times hehehe!

Yeah, unfortunately we can only vote once. If I could I’d vote on most of the genres I put down.

Coldplay and The Killers are my jam! Love them. I’ve never listened to American Authors, but I want to now. Taylor Swift is also a really great artist to listen to, I like her old and new songs. 

Yep, when I need to study or concentrate on something, instrumental is the way to go. It’s cool that you can play the piano, I know how much skill and effort that takes, and even knowing how to play a bit of violin is cool as well. When it comes to instrumental, I really like listening to “Lofi Girl” on YouTube. They produce lofi hip-hop, it’s really calming, in my opinion. 

• Like 14