Level Immunity to rate drops

francis920176

There is no calling for revolution here mate,

I disagree. But I will respect your differing perspective.

I’m just rendering an idea for fiverr to somehow protect top performers.

Fiverr already protects top performers, and they do so in the same way they protect all other sellers. Just because YOU feel you were unfairly demoted, does not mean Fiverr has abandoned you. Like I said, demotions are part of being a seller here on Fiverr. We all experience it. It would be wise to work on complaining less, and overcoming the situation – just like the rest of us do.

Let fiverr hear me. They will decide whether they like it or not.

The fact that Fiverr has not changed the rules in your favor, sounds like you have your response.

The fact that Fiverr has not changed the rules in your favor, sounds like you have your response.

True at the moment. But as long as you keep on participating to this topic and trending goes on and on. There is big chance hehe 🙂

True at the moment. But as long as you keep on participating to this topic and trending goes on and on. There is big chance hehe 🙂

I can assure you, nothing is trending in this topic. It’s just one forum topic among many.

Not when the voices becomes loud enough. Rules don’t stays, they always evolved. And things on fiverr are already complicated long before.

I used to have a perfect stats and nominated to TSR and fail. Why when you are demoted, the system decides. But when you need promotion, system becomes irrelevant and the staff needs to review and do the decisions. And good to hear you mentioned about protecting the top performers.

Respectfully, your calls for revolution are impractical. The rules are the rules, and the vast majority of sellers who have any stake in success here, have learned how to work within these rules. There will be no revolution – led by you – that screams their way to a change in the promotion/demotion rules, merely because you feel that you were “unfairly demoted”, or can’t gain TRS status.

We all get demoted. It happens. It’s part of how Fiverr works. And it’s not the end of the world, nor the end of any possibility for seller growth here on Fiverr. Like any of us who have been demoted in the past – myself included – improve your gigs, and work toward being re-promoted in 30 or 60 days. It’s not impossible; I’ve done it twice now. You CAN recover, but it’s only possible if you’re willing to think like a businessman, correct the problems that led to the demotion, and become a better seller, instead of sitting back, blaming everyone else, and calling for revolution.

This is not a revolution reason. This is not a revolution moment.

Seriously, and again, I say this with as much respect as I can muster, calling for revolution and change, merely because YOU were demoted – an event that can easily be turned around – just doesn’t make a lot of sense.

your calls for revolution are impractica

Are they? Fiverr has evolved many times.

1. Replace the demotion standard from 4.7 to 4.6.
  2. Ban review gigs
  3. Replace “thumbs up/down” with the 5-star system
  4. End the practice of sending e-mails congratulating buyers for being “nominated” to TRS
  5. Rename some categories and force sellers to make changes
  6. Create Fiverr pro
  7. Create Fiverr Learn

These are just the evolutions I can think at the top of my head right now.

Calling a business to evolve is a good business practice. Look at Nike, Colin Kaepernick said he didn’t like the Betsy Ross flag, and Nike recalled the product. Just because we’re not celebrities like Colin, doesn’t mean we don’t get to demand changes.

We can demand changes, and if those changes make Fiverr better, Fiverr would be smart to implement them.

your calls for revolution are impractica

Are they? Fiverr has evolved many times.

1. Replace the demotion standard from 4.7 to 4.6.
  2. Ban review gigs
  3. Replace “thumbs up/down” with the 5-star system
  4. End the practice of sending e-mails congratulating buyers for being “nominated” to TRS
  5. Rename some categories and force sellers to make changes
  6. Create Fiverr pro
  7. Create Fiverr Learn

These are just the evolutions I can think at the top of my head right now.

Calling a business to evolve is a good business practice. Look at Nike, Colin Kaepernick said he didn’t like the Betsy Ross flag, and Nike recalled the product. Just because we’re not celebrities like Colin, doesn’t mean we don’t get to demand changes.

We can demand changes, and if those changes make Fiverr better, Fiverr would be smart to implement them.

Numbers 1 and 4 sound like they were a response to seller complaints/suggestions.

Now let’s ask for one free cancellation per month, or at least per review period, where it doesn’t penalize us.

Also a request for a return to black fonts on the site so we all don’t go blind. It’s a hazard to our eyesight to have light grey fonts.

We shouldn’t be “demanding” anything as that is not our place but a request or suggestion wouldn’t be unreasonable, at least if it’s something doable.

Numbers 1 and 4 sound like they were a response to seller complaints/suggestions.

Now let’s ask for one free cancellation per month, or at least per review period, where it doesn’t penalize us.

Also a request for a return to black fonts on the site so we all don’t go blind. It’s a hazard to our eyesight to have light grey fonts.

We shouldn’t be “demanding” anything as that is not our place but a request or suggestion wouldn’t be unreasonable, at least if it’s something doable.

True. That is rules in the making. I just don’t understand why some people instead of analyzing and improving the way to work out a suggestion, they will just say its impractical and will not work.

True. That is rules in the making. I just don’t understand why some people instead of analyzing and improving the way to work out a suggestion, they will just say its impractical and will not work.

Well I’m positive they won’t change the levels so people don’t get demoted.

Or you can contact Customer Support and tell them what you think.

FIVERR SITE SUGGESTION

Me: I have a nice suggestion I think.

Fiverr: Ok we keep that in mind. Thanks for your suggestion.

That’s what going to happen. Everything stops there.

And what do you think is going to happen if you keep posting in the part of the forum that staff never reads?

You won’t even get

Ok we keep that in mind. Thanks for your suggestion.

I can assure you, nothing is trending in this topic. It’s just one forum topic among many.

Well at least the topic will stays in the forum Mr. jonbaas. Nice name. I like how it sounds.

Well at least the topic will stays in the forum Mr. jonbaas.

Why would this topic not stay on the forum? Did you think there was something wrong with it?

I wholeheartedly agree. This is not going to change, since it is merely being demanded by someone who didn’t like being demoted, and not at all something that is “wrong with the site”.

Promotions and demotions are part of the way Fiverr works. I agree with you. There is no reason for this to change. Sellers who don’t like how the system works – like @francis920176 – can either find ways to work within the way Fiverr is designed, or pursue their freedom to find work elsewhere.

There is a huge difference between a major call for change because something is fundamentally broken, and one or more frustrated sellers who just don’t like having been demoted because of a fall in their own seller/gig performance.

I never notice the color of the font until I copy and paste into Word. Still, if you really want to go blind, try reading the news on ThinkOrSwim (stockmarket platform), it’s white text against a black background. That’s fine when it’s a movie, it’s not fine on the computer.

I just don’t understand why some people instead of analyzing and improving the way to work out a suggestion, they will just say its impractical and will not work.

It’s possible to analyze a suggestion and come to the conclusion that its impractical and will not work.

Immunity could lead to a level of carelessness or being able to be a bit less careful about how things are done. I would like to see some type of appeal system in place but the reality of that would be that everyone would appeal their demotion, even when they obviously deserve to. That would lead to a lot of manual checking by support so it’s completely impractical.

I do think that TRS could be allowed a certain level of consideration, given that it is a manually selected level and that getting it back is not an easy thing.

In my situation, I had 89% Delivered on Time rating for a couple of hours when I was demoted from TRS and back up above 90% then, but I was already demoted. That is a situation which could have qualified for manual consideration in my opinion.

However, I think the chances of this type of thing happening is basically zero as it would add a lot more work for Support which is just not how companies want things to go.

As you said, there’s no harm making suggestions but I wouldn’t hold out for it and I would suggest that you look at other solutions to the issue, solutions you can implement yourself instead.

I wholeheartedly agree. This is not going to change, since it is merely being demanded by someone who didn’t like being demoted, and not at all something that is “wrong with the site”.

Promotions and demotions are part of the way Fiverr works. I agree with you. There is no reason for this to change. Sellers who don’t like how the system works – like @francis920176 – can either find ways to work within the way Fiverr is designed, or pursue their freedom to find work elsewhere.

There is a huge difference between a major call for change because something is fundamentally broken, and one or more frustrated sellers who just don’t like having been demoted because of a fall in their own seller/gig performance.

“Someone who didn’t like being demoted” Yes I don’t want to get demoted but I’m not against demotion because its one way to make your performance stands out. Don’t invent things dude.

“Seller who don’t like the system” What’s wrong with you dude. I’m just giving a suggestion. I’m not against the system. I told already they will decide if they like my suggestion or not. If not and be it that way. Don’t accuse me being against the system hehe.

“Frustrated seller” Who? Me?

There some replies here that are not in favor with my suggestion but they are cool. Your post, its not cool dude.

Or you can contact Customer Support and tell them what you think.

FIVERR SITE SUGGESTION

Me: I have a nice suggestion I think.

Fiverr: Ok we keep that in mind. Thanks for your suggestion.

I’m observing at the moment. If more people are positive about this, the next step will be easy things to do.

“Someone who didn’t like being demoted” Yes I don’t want to get demoted but I’m not against demotion because its one way to make your performance stands out. Don’t invent things dude.

“Seller who don’t like the system” What’s wrong with you dude. I’m just giving a suggestion. I’m not against the system. I told already they will decide if they like my suggestion or not. If not and be it that way. Don’t accuse me being against the system hehe.

“Frustrated seller” Who? Me?

There some replies here that are not in favor with my suggestion but they are cool. Your post, its not cool dude.

Don’t invent things dude.

I haven’t invented anything. You complained that you were demoted down to “New Seller” from “Level 2”, and that you want Fiverr to provide immunity to sellers so that can’t happen. I read what you wrote, and I responded appropriately to it. Immunity from demotion is not likely to happen as that goes against the way Fiverr is set up. All sellers rise and fall. It’s part of being a freelancer on Fiverr’s site.

I’m just giving a suggestion.

And, as noted by myself, and others, your suggestion is not likely to become reality, because it goes against the way Fiverr works. Fiverr is not likely to offer immunity from demotion, as that would seriously undermine the entire purpose of a performance-based promotion/demotion system.

Your post, its not cool dude.

I was just thinking the same about some of your responses to me. This is a forum. Those who respond to you are not required to have the same opinions as you do. I applaud your creativity, but your creative suggestion just isn’t practical, nor in line with the way Fiverr works.

Don’t invent things dude.

I haven’t invented anything. You complained that you were demoted down to “New Seller” from “Level 2”, and that you want Fiverr to provide immunity to sellers so that can’t happen. I read what you wrote, and I responded appropriately to it. Immunity from demotion is not likely to happen as that goes against the way Fiverr is set up. All sellers rise and fall. It’s part of being a freelancer on Fiverr’s site.

I’m just giving a suggestion.

And, as noted by myself, and others, your suggestion is not likely to become reality, because it goes against the way Fiverr works. Fiverr is not likely to offer immunity from demotion, as that would seriously undermine the entire purpose of a performance-based promotion/demotion system.

Your post, its not cool dude.

I was just thinking the same about some of your responses to me. This is a forum. Those who respond to you are not required to have the same opinions as you do. I applaud your creativity, but your creative suggestion just isn’t practical, nor in line with the way Fiverr works.

I’m not sure if you understand what I am suggesting. I’m not speaking of a 100% immunity against demotion. I mentioned just a small fraction depending on levels so that you don’t suffer from a shaky status due to negative ratings. A “WISH” for a rule modification doesn’t mean you are against it.

And we don’t expect cool response on people if you started a not cool comment. Be sensitive.

“Fiverr might not want your suggestion” is different from “Your suggestion is impractical and I assure it will not work”. Its like saying that you have bigger brain. Ok got it.

I’m not sure if you understand what I am suggesting. I’m not speaking of a 100% immunity against demotion. I mentioned just a small fraction depending on levels so that you don’t suffer from a shaky status due to negative ratings. A “WISH” for a rule modification doesn’t mean you are against it.

And we don’t expect cool response on people if you started a not cool comment. Be sensitive.

“Fiverr might not want your suggestion” is different from “Your suggestion is impractical and I assure it will not work”. Its like saying that you have bigger brain. Ok got it.

I’m not sure if you understand what I am suggesting. I’m not speaking of a 100% immunity against demotion. I mentioned just a small fraction depending on levels so that you don’t suffer from a shaky status due to negative ratings.

I completely understand what you’re saying. And I both completely disagree, and completely believe that it won’t happen (for the reasons I, and others, have already stated).

I will share my thoughts as I see them. My comment does not have to “be cool” with you to be both accurate, and reasonable to this topic.

Archived