All stats down on gig after editing

mcguy215

Hey there!

I edited my gig to up the prices because I was getting too many orders for me to handle (not delivering late or anything) so i put my price up from $5 to $10, another option from $10 to $15.

All of my engagement stats have went down, and I am much lower in search results. I have 21 5 star reviews and only 1 4.5 star review.

I just hope I didn’t kill the gig.

It is likely that the search algorithm is acclimating to the new set of stats you have attached to your gig. Watch the stats over the course of a few days, and see what happens. But also, be sure to market and promote your gigs, so that the people you are trying to sell your services to, can find you. Gig activity ("i.e., gig performance) appears to be a factor in the algorithm.

If your gig is just sitting there, and you aren’t doing anything to improve your performance, then you aren’t likely to see your stats rise again. Your services/gigs are a business, you really do need to be treating them as such. Promotion, market research, connecting to your target customers… these are all things that you need to be actively pursuing – especially when your gig stats are stagnating.

It is likely that the search algorithm is acclimating to the new set of stats you have attached to your gig. Watch the stats over the course of a few days, and see what happens. But also, be sure to market and promote your gigs, so that the people you are trying to sell your services to, can find you. Gig activity ("i.e., gig performance) appears to be a factor in the algorithm.

If your gig is just sitting there, and you aren’t doing anything to improve your performance, then you aren’t likely to see your stats rise again. Your services/gigs are a business, you really do need to be treating them as such. Promotion, market research, connecting to your target customers… these are all things that you need to be actively pursuing – especially when your gig stats are stagnating.

Thank you for your reply! Just asking, where do I promote my gig? My first thought was reddit but all fiverr links are banned on reddit.

Archived