Hi Fiverries! I Am a Newbie ^-^

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It had me thinking the post was very much like Humberto’s but I could recall he never used the word ‘damnation’. I just checked it after your post. Dude’s only reworded Hum’s post :woman_facepalming: Why would you do that?

Evening @jave_base, glad you’ve met my wonderful and beautiful friend @maitasun. She is one of the million… and is a great support to the community… 😃

Good evening. Oh yeah! I met her on another thread of mine. She’s awesome 😊 Barely been a few days since I first talked to her and she’s helped me already 👍, but I always make time to reply to people I think it’s worth it… soon finish though. 😜

Oh, yeah you should take notice of @maitasun when she tells you to do something… believe me you don’t want to make her angry 😠 … her eyes shoot fireballs 🔥 if you don’t 😂

You’ve seen this movie Carrie, when she turns into an evil person when people make her mad… well Maita is a bit like her…but 10 times worse!!! 👹

Haha, just kidding, she has a great character and seems to know a lot of stuff!!! Oh, and next time she gets mad at you… just send her a few ice-creams and you’ll be alright! :rofl:😜

Hay Jave! Thanks for choosing Fiverr as your freelancing partner, I welcome you to the world of opportunities!

Thank you so much, Jeewartram! 😁 I hope I utilize these opportunities. I’ve made acquaintance with some really nice people so far. Hope to get orders flow in too 🤞

Good afternoon @jave_base, sorry very busy with an order this morning 😂, but I always make time to reply to people I think it’s worth it… soon finish though. 😜

Oh, yeah you should take notice of @maitasun when she tells you to do something… believe me you don’t want to make her angry 😠 … her eyes shoot fireballs 🔥 if you don’t 😂

You’ve seen this movie Carrie, when she turns into an evil person when people make her mad… well Maita is a bit like her…but 10 times worse!!! 👹

Haha, just kidding, she has a great character and seems to know a lot of stuff!!! Oh, and next time she gets mad at you… just send her a few ice-creams and you’ll be alright! :rofl:😜

Afternoon! I will pretend I didn’t just laughed at for having no orders 😅 You don’t have to apologize. Deal with your orders first. Next thing I know, you’d be fuming at me for getting warning/cancelled order 😂

I suppose I’m right on the track then 😋 She told me to keep busy on the forums so long as I don’t have any orders. I’m doing my job right 😌

Bruh! You scaring me now 😶 @maitasun, girl, don’t come at me with them fiery eyes. I’m doing what I told. See? 😔

She hasn’t been mad at me so far, but I’ll make note of that suggestion 🤭

Edit: Oops! please excuse the usage of ‘Bruh!’. You’ve probably already read the post so I chose to add an apology instead of editing it out.

Good afternoon @jave_base, sorry very busy with an order this morning 😂, but I always make time to reply to people I think it’s worth it… soon finish though. 😜

@hum_on_the_go @jave_base Ohhhhh, I guess now it’s my turn… 😈

How can you say that from such a sweet creature as I :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::innocent:? 😳 😠 (of course, sweet only when I’m not being a garlic lollipop 😬

I know we Latins have fire in our souls, but from there to shooting fire through my eyes… 😟

Icecream and chocolates, please! Don’t forget the chocolates! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

She told me to keep busy on the forums so long as I don’t have any orders. I’m doing my job right 😌 (…) :rofl: @maitasun, girl, don’t come at me with them fiery eyes. I’m doing what I told. See? 😔

😳 That must have been my other me I haven’t yet had the pleasure to meet… 😟

Let’s see if we can straighten this up a little bit… :thinking:

Maita: … join in forum conversations and read topics (you’ll find plenty of useful information) while you don’t show up in the search🤨

Jave, you don’t want to find out if Hum is correct or not, don’t you? 😅

Edit: Oops! please excuse the usage of ‘Bruh!’. You’ve probably already read the post so I chose to add an apology instead of editing it out.

Yes, good, otherwise I would have put on my @lloydsolutions’s assistant hat to tell you not to do so. 😊

You better, because I love chocolates! 🙃

@hum_on_the_go @jave_base Ohhhhh, I guess now it’s my turn… 😈

How can you say that from such a sweet creature as I :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::innocent:? 😳 😠 (of course, sweet only when I’m not being a garlic lollipop 😬

I know we Latins have fire in our souls, but from there to shooting fire through my eyes… 😟

Haha, just kidding, she has a great character and seems to know a lot of stuff!!! Oh, and next time she gets mad at you… just send her a few ice-creams and you’ll be alright! :rofl:

Icecream and chocolates, please! Don’t forget the chocolates! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

She told me to keep busy on the forums so long as I don’t have any orders. I’m doing my job right 😌 (…) :rofl: @maitasun, girl, don’t come at me with them fiery eyes. I’m doing what I told. See? 😔

😳 That must have been my other me I haven’t yet had the pleasure to meet… 😟

Let’s see if we can straighten this up a little bit… :thinking:

Maita: … join in forum conversations and read topics (you’ll find plenty of useful information) while you don’t show up in the search🤨

Jave, you don’t want to find out if Hum is correct or not, don’t you? 😅

Yes, good, otherwise I would have put on my @lloydsolutions’s assistant hat to tell you not to do so. 😊

You better, because I love chocolates! :upside_down_face::laughing:

Oh yeah! It was until I show up in searches so I can be found by people to get orders, hopefully 😅

Nope, nope. I’m good, thanks! I don’t want to see the eye-shooting-fire you :rofl:

Why, it’s against forum rules to say ‘bruh!’ :woman_facepalming: I thought it was Hum’s personal dislike lol. I’ll be careful. It’s a habit

chocolates, or ice creams, which one takes precedence? 😛

Oh yeah! It was until I show up in searches so I can be found by people to get orders, hopefully 😅

Nope, nope. I’m good, thanks! I don’t want to see the eye-shooting-fire you :rofl:

Why, it’s against forum rules to say ‘bruh!’ :woman_facepalming: I thought it was Hum’s personal dislike lol. I’ll be careful. It’s a habit

No bro, bruh or whatever. No sis, sister or the likes, and definitely, no “dear” (like in “thanks, dear”). 😉

Chocolates! I’m a chocolate loony. 😅

No bro, bruh or whatever. No sis, sister or the likes, and definitely, no “dear” (like in “thanks, dear”). 😉

Chocolates! I’m a chocolate loony. 😅, of course, I forgot your chocolates… 😃

Hahaha, no worries, it is not against Fiverr’s ToS to call anyone BRO, BRUH, BROTHER, but it is more a personal preference of mine. Oh, let me tell you a secret. First time I joined the Forum, I named someone here ‘‘MATE’’, after receiving a welcoming from a well-respected person here on Fiverr. Me thinking this person was a GUY, bummer!! She told me off and I never made this same mistake ever since… So I’m not as sweet as you might think :rofl::joy:

Nah, I get that. Keeping things professional and all. But sometimes, these words like ‘Dude’, ‘Bruh’, ‘man’ etc are used as figurative expressions. Not really literally. If you know what I mean.

I’ll make another note 😋

Nah, I get that. Keeping things professional and all. But sometimes, these words like ‘Dude’, ‘Bruh’, ‘man’ etc are used as figurative expressions. Not really literally. If you know what I mean.

I’ll make another note 😋

But sometimes, these words like ‘Dude’, ‘Bruh’, ‘man’

Hi Jave,

People get offended when they’re used as vocatives (terms of address). When they’re used like interjections (without reference to anybody), you won’t encounter problems.

Sort of ok: “I am working my behind off, man!!”

Not ok: “Thank you for the advice, dude.”

P.s. I know I said I wouldn’t post here, but that’s because I was taking this thread waaay of topic. I’m happy to chat about on-topic stuff that won’t get us flagged! 🙂

Hahaha, no worries, it is not against Fiverr’s ToS to call anyone BRO, BRUH, BROTHER, but it is more a personal preference of mine. Oh, let me tell you a secret. First time I joined the Forum, I named someone here ‘‘MATE’’, after receiving a welcoming from a well-respected person here on Fiverr. Me thinking this person was a GUY, bummer!! She told me off and I never made this same mistake ever since… So I’m not as sweet as you might think :rofl:

Hahaha, no worries, it is not against Fiverr’s ToS to call anyone BRO, BRUH, BROTHER, but it is more a personal preference of mine. Oh, let me tell you a secret. First time I joined the Forum, I named someone here ‘‘MATE’’, after receiving a welcoming from a well-respected person here on Fiverr. Me thinking this person was a GUY, bummer!! She told me off and I never made this same mistake ever since… So I’m not as sweet as you might think :rofl:

I think these are just neutral words we are used to saying, so sometimes they come out in conversation where they shouldn’t 😋 It’s embarrassing. To me, it depends on the level of ease and frankness of the conversation happening. Other than that, I think it also depends on ones culture. The eastern (especially subcontinent guys) use Brother, friend, dear, as an expression of respect, and incorrect translation of their languages to english. I’ve seen them getting told off 😂. Poor things.

Edit: And since you prefer not to addressed as such, I’d like to apologize for the slip of tongue (fingers) again.

I think these are just neutral words we are used to saying, so sometimes they come out in conversation where they shouldn’t 😋 It’s embarrassing. To me, it depends on the level of ease and frankness of the conversation happening. Other than that, I think it also depends on ones culture. The eastern (especially subcontinent guys) use Brother, friend, dear, as an expression of respect, and incorrect translation of their languages to english. I’ve seen them getting told off 😂. Poor things.

Edit: And since you prefer not to addressed as such, I’d like to apologize for the slip of tongue (fingers) again.

The eastern (especially subcontinent guys) use Brother, friend, dear, as an expression of respect, and incorrect translation of their languages to english. I’ve seen them getting told off 😂. Poor things.

Hahaha do you know why, because a lot of them use google translation, copy and paste it on their thread, not realizing that they call a GUY dear, it’s afwul!!

We have a large Eastern population in London (ex-Empire and all that). I’ve heard lots of people use brother, mate, boss, chief, and friend, but I’ve never heard “dear”! Only on the web do I hear it. You might have a point!

but I’ve never heard “dear”!

Maybe it’s because they think saying “Yes, my dear” or “Dear, can you get me that bag, please?” is the same as addressing someone saying “Dear Mr. John”. 😬

So they end up saying something like “No, John. Dear, you must like Mike”. 😬

The eastern (especially subcontinent guys) use Brother, friend, dear, as an expression of respect, and incorrect translation of their languages to english. I’ve seen them getting told off 😂. Poor things.

Hahaha do you know why, because a lot of them use google translation, copy and paste it on their thread, not realizing that they call a GUY dear, it’s afwul!!

That could be one reason. Another is the fact that at primary level, the only time they personally address someone in english is when they’re learning to write letters in english. The ‘practice’ letters are usually addressed to a friend, or a family member (brother, uncle or a parent) and they always start as

"Dear xyz,

Hope you are well. I am well too. (then write whatevs!). . ."

It’s kinda ingrained in most subcontinental populace that when you address someone in written english, you say dear.

As far as calling someone brother, uncle (wait for it. . . aunty) or sis, it’s because in the Eastern culture, no one goes by Ms/Mr/Mrs. The generally acceptable terms of respect to strangers are ‘Brother/Sister’ if young, and ‘Uncle/Aunty’ if old. So that’s where the direct translation is happening 😅

We have a large Eastern population in London (ex-Empire and all that). I’ve heard lots of people use brother, mate, boss, chief, and friend, but I’ve never heard “dear”! Only on the web do I hear it. You might have a point!

Like I told Humberto, It’s got schooling involved. English, not being the native language, is taught and sometimes, people (read kids) learn just enough vocab and meaning to pass the exam 😋

but I’ve never heard “dear”!

Maybe it’s because they think saying “Yes, my dear” or “Dear, can you get me that bag, please?” is the same as addressing someone saying “Dear Mr. John”. 😬

Dear Mr. John is how an eastern seven year old will start his letter to some Mr. John :rofl:

Archived