Hi Fiverries! I Am a Newbie ^-^

Good luck with getting a career you’d enjoy!👍 : It’s never too late to switch (in most cases)

I do enjoy writing when I’m able to get over the block.

Plus, I’m a sucker for punishment. Just look who my two friends are (@maitasun and @hum_on_the_go)! 😉

Do you plan to offer writing Gigs at some point?

I do, yeah. My first Gig should go live by the end of next week. I just have to sort out an image for it.

I’ll let you know when it goes live, so you can tear it apart and break my heart! 😃

Yep! I just thought I’d take it slow.

Smart! 🙂

Also, got a ‘1’ as an impression, whatever that means

It means your Gig has appeared once in somebody’s search results.

You’ll be receiving your first “hello dear” message any day now!

So writing is your job 😅

I can empathize though. The block is annoying. I’m fighting one right now and so far, it is winning all the rounds.

Plus, I’m a sucker for punishment. Just look who my two friends are (@maitasun and @hum_on_the_go)! 😉

They’re awesome!

I do, yeah. My first Gig should go live by the end of next week. I just have to sort out an image for it.

This was actually you asking me about writing gigs, but I didn’t quote it properly 😅 It’s still good to know what your gig would be about though 👍

I’ll let you know when it goes live, so you can tear it apart and break my heart! 😃

That will not be happening. I’m staying clear of the English man’s path 😅

Hopefully! I have to admit reading this kinda makes me happy 😁 Except, I’ll probably be wondering about telling the person off for starting with ‘hello dear’ :rofl: . . . and lose my first customer 😅

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So writing is your job 😅

I can empathize though. The block is annoying. I’m fighting one right now and so far, it is winning all the rounds.

They’re awesome!

This was actually you asking me about writing gigs, but I didn’t quote it properly 😅 It’s still good to know what your gig would be about though 👍

That will not be happening. I’m staying clear of the English man’s path 😅

Hopefully! I have to admit reading this kinda makes me happy 😁 Except, I’ll probably be wondering about telling the person off for starting with ‘hello dear’ :rofl: . . . and lose my first customer 😅

Except, I’ll probably be wondering about telling the person off for starting with ‘hello dear’ :rofl: . . . and lose my first customer 😅

Ohh, it could be worst. You could be called “darling” or maybe even “piece of sugar”. 😬

Except, I’ll probably be wondering about telling the person off for starting with ‘hello dear’ :rofl:

Ohh, it could be worst. You could be called “darling” or maybe even “piece of sugar”. 😬

Or sweet garlic lollipop, but still I don’t know what is ??? :rofl:

Except, I’ll probably be wondering about telling the person off for starting with ‘hello dear’ :rofl:

My God! That’d creep me out! I’d hit the block button faster than my neurons can fire to reconsider. Piece of sugar?! :woman_facepalming:

My God! That’d creep me out! I’d hit the block button faster than my neurons can fire to reconsider. Piece of sugar?! :woman_facepalming:

And don’t call people your slice of warm apple pie, either. Last time I called somebody on Fiverr that I got threatened with a big wooden spoon.

Keep fighting that good fight against your block, Jave. 😃

And don’t call people your slice of warm apple pie, either. Last time I called somebody on Fiverr that I got threatened with a big wooden spoon.

Why would you call someone that?! 😳

Fiverr’s got a crazy lot :rofl:

I’d hit the block button faster than my neurons can fire

Please, please, pleeeeeaaaaasssssssse be sure you have installed Fiverr’s app on your phone. It’s the only way you can block someone that has never ordered from you. 😊

I’d hit the block button faster than my neurons can fire

Please, please, pleeeeeaaaaasssssssse be sure you have installed Fiverr’s app on your phone. It’s the only way you can block someone that has never ordered from you. 😊

I have it installed 😉 People who haven’t ordered from me and call me ‘piece of sugar’ will be definitely getting blocked. My neurons wouldn’t even bother racing me to that. Nope. No hesitation there :rofl:

Ohh, it could be worst. You could be called “ darling ” or maybe even “ piece of sugar ”. 😬

Have you been called those things by a buyer? You’re right; they’re both way, way worse than dear!!!

@hum_on_the_go, what did one of your buyers call you? Was is “handsome man”?

Ohh, it could be worst. You could be called “ darling ” or maybe even “ piece of sugar ”. 😬

Have you been called those things by a buyer? You’re right; they’re both way, way worse than dear!!!

For real?! :rofl:

Yeah he called me ‘‘handsome man’’ it is awful… still have the shivers… this guy btw who left me earlier today a message on my Gig account also called me ‘‘DEAR’’

Whatsup with these people nowadays…:crazy_face:

Yeah he called me ‘‘handsome man’’ it is awful… still have the shivers… this guy btw who left me earlier today a message on my Gig account also called me ‘‘DEAR’’

Gig account

Was that the guy from that thread we were in earlier, with Vickie?

Did he message your main Fiverr account?

Gig account

Was that the guy from that thread we were in earlier, with Vickie?

Did he message your main Fiverr account?

Yeah he did, asking to create his gig for him and called me dear.

I did not block him…but told him politely never to send me a message again on my Account.

Never!!! I would have instantly reported any buyer with such great idea of calling me like that!!! 😡

With ;dear’, I’d still give them the benefit of a doubt for trying to be polite speaking a non native language, but ‘piece of sugar’ ‘sweet garlic whatever’ and ‘handsome man’ . . ? No can do.

With ;dear’, I’d still give them the benefit of a doubt for trying to be polite speaking a non native language, but ‘piece of sugar’ ‘sweet garlic whatever’ and ‘handsome man’ . . ? No can do.

With ;dear’, I’d still give them the benefit of a doubt for trying to be polite speaking a non native language,

You might be right, however, I wonder if they call their clients dear as well… if so they most likely will get a 1-star review, it is very unprofessional and a turn-off

With ;dear’, I’d still give them the benefit of a doubt for trying to be polite speaking a non native language,

You might be right, however, I wonder if they call their clients dear as well… if so they most likely will get a 1-star review, it is very unprofessional and a turn-off

Sometimes, it is really creepy, to be honest.

Most probably. And, the weird thing is, they must be wondering what went wrong. In their head, they were so nice and polite :woman_facepalming: I think I should start a thread about ‘professional modes of address’ and make a list of what is not right to say, starting with ‘dear’ lol.

You’re welcome to the forum. Promote your gig on social media and with time order will start coming. Don’t forget to do a good job on your gig profile.

Thank you, sir! 😊 I have tried to follow all the good advises people have shared. Now that the gig has been approved, I’m waiting for the orders to flow in.

Archived