Enduring the Fiverr Drought!

adamclaywebb

There is no demarcation between the sections, and there are at least four sections to get through not including the reviews. It’s much too much for most to want to wade through and read. Just give them the order button, large, that says ORDER, and the description. And a list of the extras.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh they just happened today? That wouldn’t explain the drought then which for me started around the end of June.

Yes, it’s like someone is changing the layout right now. No, I think this is something different than the drought.

I’m hoping they are trying to walk back some of the changes they made which led to the whole drought in the first place.

Yes, it’s like someone is changing the layout right now. No, I think this is something different than the drought.

I’m hoping they are trying to walk back some of the changes they made which led to the whole drought in the first place.

I’ve never experienced anything like this at all. This is new. No orders day after day. I have seen other sellers with high priced gigs who keep getting reviews and orders every day so it’s not eveyone.

I’ve never experienced anything like this at all. This is new. No orders day after day. I have seen other sellers with high priced gigs who keep getting reviews and orders every day so it’s not eveyone.

I know, and I completely agree! It’s like no one can find me on Fiverr right now.

I just received an order with a bunch of extras from a person who is new to fiverr and who didn’t contact me before the purchase. I hope it’s something that won’t get canceled right away, we’re still at “awaiting the requirements” stage.

These kinds of orders are usually a sign of something that is opposite of a draught, though.
I just got back from vacation so it’s hard to tell.

I just received an order with a bunch of extras from a person who is new to fiverr and who didn’t contact me before the purchase. I hope it’s something that won’t get canceled right away, we’re still at “awaiting the requirements” stage.

These kinds of orders are usually a sign of something that is opposite of a draught, though.

I just received an order with a bunch of extras from a person who is new to fiverr and who didn’t contact me before the purchase.

Congratulations! I’m sure he/she will send the requirements.

I’m going to think positive and call that a good sign. Buyers can find you, and place an order.

I’m going to think positive and call that a good sign. Buyers can find you, and place an order.

Or they’ve favorited/bookmarked the gig previously.

Either way, I hope we all get through this and soon. Because severe draughts coupled with the fun TRS stuff have been quite a trip this year.

Or they’ve favorited/bookmarked the gig previously.

Either way, I hope we all get through this and soon. Because severe draughts coupled with the fun TRS stuff have been quite a trip this year.

Yes, that’s a possibility too - they already knew where you were.

I completely agree - let’s get things settled so we can concentrate on work. I think Fiverr developers are trying to straighten things out - our loss of revenue hurts them too, so management will be on them to resolve this issue.

I feel your pain, guys. The last month or so has been weird for me, to say the least.

I don’t necessarily mind the idea that they seem to be constantly playing with the layout and format of gig pages, I just wish they’d make it more obvious to us when and why they’re doing it.

Add to that the lack of transparency about the way the whole system works in the first place (‘dynamic’ algorithmic search ranking, the secret elven magic behind TRS status, etc) and you have a (at times) needlessly confusing platform.

I feel your pain, guys. The last month or so has been weird for me, to say the least.

I don’t necessarily mind the idea that they seem to be constantly playing with the layout and format of gig pages, I just wish they’d make it more obvious to us when and why they’re doing it.

Add to that the lack of transparency about the way the whole system works in the first place (‘dynamic’ algorithmic search ranking, the secret elven magic behind TRS status, etc) and you have a (at times) needlessly confusing platform.

Yes, a lot of “changing things because we can.” I come from a world of IT where you change 1 thing, evaluate the effects of the change, and then go from there.

I think the Fiverr developers learned from Facebook developers - “Hey, this would be a cool thing to do, let’s try this.”

Then they get to clean up the unanticipated problems the change caused.

Yes, a lot of “changing things because we can.” I come from a world of IT where you change 1 thing, evaluate the effects of the change, and then go from there.

I think the Fiverr developers learned from Facebook developers - “Hey, this would be a cool thing to do, let’s try this.”

Then they get to clean up the unanticipated problems the change caused.

(Sigh…) yeah, agreed.

Fun story:

When ‘live portfolio’ was introduced, no one told me (of course) so I just happened to be looking at my gig page one day, and noticed that several of the recent deliveries to clients were now magically on my page as demos.

Thinking this surely had to be a mistake, I hit up CS and asked about it. Their response was that clients now have the option to allow the delivery to be posted on my gig page when leaving feedback.

I (politely, at first) explained how crazy it was that the client, and not myself, should be in charge of what gets posted to my page, especially considering that I do VO, and in many instances, the files I deliver do not in any way represent what the final product will sound like. It’d be like listening to just the acapella vocal of a pop song, or the guitar track from a rock tune… It’s weird, all by itself.

I went back and forth for a week - with three different CS reps - about this, and at no point did anyone mention that this was a thing called ‘live portfolio’ that I could just turn off in settings. Unreal…

If there is some email list I can sign up for or some newsletter I can follow to keep abreast of these changes, by all means - let me know.

(Sigh…) yeah, agreed.

Fun story:

When ‘live portfolio’ was introduced, no one told me (of course) so I just happened to be looking at my gig page one day, and noticed that several of the recent deliveries to clients were now magically on my page as demos.

Thinking this surely had to be a mistake, I hit up CS and asked about it. Their response was that clients now have the option to allow the delivery to be posted on my gig page when leaving feedback.

I (politely, at first) explained how crazy it was that the client, and not myself, should be in charge of what gets posted to my page, especially considering that I do VO, and in many instances, the files I deliver do not in any way represent what the final product will sound like. It’d be like listening to just the acapella vocal of a pop song, or the guitar track from a rock tune… It’s weird, all by itself.

I went back and forth for a week - with three different CS reps - about this, and at no point did anyone mention that this was a thing called ‘live portfolio’ that I could just turn off in settings. Unreal…

If there is some email list I can sign up for or some newsletter I can follow to keep abreast of these changes, by all means - let me know.

Programmers are notorious for being lousy at documentation, or at least the ones I had to interact with were that way. They just want to tinker with code, not try to explain in clear language what they have done. It’s a pretty common thing, not just with Fiverr. I doubt we’ll ever see an informative newsletter about changes to the platform, though it sure would be helpful!

same here – average views to my gig 10 views a day, 0 orders.

over the years I got to know the seasonality of my gigs. Every summer, my orders dry up. Should expect to see increase back up to ‘normal’ around Aup/Sept…definitely a boost occurs in Nov for me as holidays get close and our services are suddenly needed for marketing/promotional reasons.

…in the meantime, I either relax and read books that teach me stuff, or hone my skills (or learn new ones). I sometimes play with my gig description and update my gig video, but knowing that we’re passing through a drought makes it somewhat irrelevant to make changes. No need to panic – this is normal for all.

Get part-time job if you’re struggling financially (or watch Elon Musk launch rockets) 🚀

Worth mentioning too, that Fiverr apparently filed for IPO in mid June. My tin foil hat is beginning to wonder what part that may or may not have to play in all of this…

I agree! I think they shifted something in the background to support the IPO launch, and it is negatively affecting sellers.

But I can’t help but wonder why it happened.

Would date did you last alter your prices and could that be part of the cause?

Sorry about your sales misscrystal. Ive only just started started seeing sales again.

I had an absolute humdinger of a day yesterday. Today crickets.

Why is this happening, no idea. This after doubling my rates.

Possibly reviews are the only key factor now driving our visibility.

What always gets my goat is why I never get a rally on sales.

Consecutive days of consistent sales are so rare. I will add this though editing my gig

prices and adding a gig instantly got me sales within hours, maybe there is clue in that somewhere?

Sorry about your sales misscrystal. Ive only just started started seeing sales again.

I had an absolute humdinger of a day yesterday. Today crickets.

Why is this happening, no idea. This after doubling my rates.

Possibly reviews are the only key factor now driving our visibility.

What always gets my goat is why I never get a rally on sales.

Consecutive days of consistent sales are so rare. I will add this though editing my gig

prices and adding a gig instantly got me sales within hours, maybe there is clue in that somewhere?

adding a gig instantly got me sales within hours

Did sales go up on all your gigs or the one you added only? And did you edit your gig prices up or down? By how much?

Archived