Chargebacks - Can Someone Explain This to Me?

cyaxrex

Fiverr needs to do more than that. The buyer who has charged back on this order was evil incarnate.

Fiverr must make rules for buyers and prospective buyers. The buyer cannot get the money back after the order finished for any reason.

Fiverr must make rules for buyers and prospective buyers.

The only rule should be “NO direct purchase through buyer’s PP acount. ONLY allow buyer to use his PP account to buy Fiverr funds😡

Fiverr should put a STOP on this matter URGENTLY 😡

The only rule should be “NO direct purchase through buyer’s PP acount. ONLY allow buyer to use his PP account to buy Fiverr funds😡

The only rule should be “ NO direct purchase through buyer’s PP acount. ONLY allow buyer to use his PP account to buy Fiverr funds😡

There is still a gap in the regulation.

Guest offlinehelpers

The only rule should be “ NO direct purchase through buyer’s PP acount. ONLY allow buyer to use his PP account to buy Fiverr funds😡

Agreed, but Fiverr can only use PayPal as a payment processor if they stick to PayPal’s ToS. The only other option is for Fiverr not to offer PayPal at all, and I don’t think that’ll happen any time soon.

Agreed, but Fiverr can only use PayPal as a payment processor if they stick to PayPal’s ToS. The only other option is for Fiverr not to offer PayPal at all, and I don’t think that’ll happen any time soon.

I’m no lawyer but there must be a legal way out and for that, PP & Fiverr should sit down and discuss the best way to settle this madness… :thinking:

I’m no lawyer but there must be a legal way out and for that, PP & Fiverr should sit down and discuss the best way to settle this madness… :thinking:

@offlinehelpers @maitasun

What if, buyers and prospective buyers may only see but cannot buy. :crazy_face:

PP & Fiverr should sit down and discuss the best way to settle this madness… :thinking:

And drink a glass of coffee with milk and ice. 🤤

I am sorry to know this situation but I can assure you if you delivered the order correctly accordingly to your buyers requirement then you have a bright chance to get he money back from the buyer. You need to provide the prove that you completed the order correctly and then CS will ask for some details. Details can be vary by your order type, so there is no such guideline.

Keep fighting.

Best of luck.

I am sorry to know this situation but I can assure you if you delivered the order correctly accordingly to your buyers requirement then you have a bright chance to get he money back from the buyer. You need to provide the prove that you completed the order correctly and then CS will ask for some details. Details can be vary by your order type, so there is no such guideline.

Keep fighting.

Best of luck.

I am sorry to know this situation but I can assure you if you delivered the order correctly accordingly to your buyers requirement then you have a bright chance to get he money back from the buyer.

Nope. I already received a nonsense cookie cutter response from CS.

Please note that whenever a transaction is being reviewed by a payment vendor, we may be required to cancel a transaction or put it on hold (for example - stolen credit card or other fraud activities). This is part of the service we provide to maintain a safe environment for our users.

It is not possible to cancel a transaction or put it on hold over 3-months after funds have already cleared, been withdrawn by me, and used to feed local orphans whom I have to now issue invoices for the trouble.

Transactions are put on hold as they are processed in real-time. Chargebacks are different but Fiverr doesn’t care.

I am sorry to know this situation but I can assure you if you delivered the order correctly accordingly to your buyers requirement then you have a bright chance to get he money back from the buyer.

Nope. I already received a nonsense cookie cutter response from CS.

Please note that whenever a transaction is being reviewed by a payment vendor, we may be required to cancel a transaction or put it on hold (for example - stolen credit card or other fraud activities). This is part of the service we provide to maintain a safe environment for our users.

It is not possible to cancel a transaction or put it on hold over 3-months after funds have already cleared, been withdrawn by me, and used to feed local orphans whom I have to now issue invoices for the trouble.

Transactions are put on hold as they are processed in real-time. Chargebacks are different but Fiverr doesn’t care.

Yes, I got the same message too but on the other hand, other CS agent contacted me and he was from trust and safety department, he asked for the delivery prove and few more other detail and after approx 20 days he came back to me and refunded the order amount.

My chargeback order was a very big amount order but this should not be the concern here because every order should be important and need attention.

Yes, it is possible. You will find many cases on the internet like yours and Paypal has rules for that that’s called “Seller Protection Program” please google more about it. It will help you understand.

I am telling you Fiverr do care. At least they cared in my case. It was $3000 order and they help me get the total money back. So, please be patient and keep on fighting for your hard earn money.

Thank you

Yes, I got the same message too but on the other hand, other CS agent contacted me and he was from trust and safety department, he asked for the delivery prove and few more other detail and after approx 20 days he came back to me and refunded the order amount.

My chargeback order was a very big amount order but this should not be the concern here because every order should be important and need attention.

Yes, it is possible. You will find many cases on the internet like yours and Paypal has rules for that that’s called “Seller Protection Program” please google more about it. It will help you understand.

I am telling you Fiverr do care. At least they cared in my case. It was $3000 order and they help me get the total money back. So, please be patient and keep on fighting for your hard earn money.

Thank you

My chargeback order was a very big amount order

There you go… it’s not the same “gimnasia” and “magnesia” 😢

this should not be the concern here because every order should be important and need attention.

Sadly, there is and the concern are some 00000 behind the number :roll_eyes:

Hey @cyaxrex

Interested in your envato story.

Did you file for a chargeback directly via PP or did you open a ticket with their support?

Who denied you getting your money back and what was the reason for your request if I may?

Did you file for a chargeback directly via PP or did you open a ticket with their support?

Who denied you getting your money back and what was the reason for your request if I may?

First I attempted to get a refund from Envato directly. Both my purchases were from the same seller (albeit placed at slightly different times). Both were also for premium website templates, one blog, one an eCommerce site.

With both templates I also purchased extra support. One purchase was made using my Payoneer card the other my regular Visa. Envato refused my refunds directly and in this case I attempted a charge back for the purchase made using my Visa card. I did not try this with Payoneer, as the theme I purchased was for a cryptocurrency themed website and Payoneer does not allow cryptocurrency purchases. (There was no cryptocurrency purchase involved but I did not want Payoneers very similar to Fiverr CS to see a buzzword and start being a pain.)

Long story short my regular bank refused my chargeback request, which I presume is because I stated clearly that my card had not been stolen or used by anyone but me. If I had paid directly using my PayPal balance and filed a claim with PayPal, things might have been different.

As far as I am concerned, the reason for my attempt to get a refund was 100% legitimate. Both themes I purchased did not work as advertised and support was nonexistent. All support amounted to was a request to purchase newer versions of some pre-packaged plugins, some of which were marked as a security risk by WordPress. (Not ideal for an eCommerce site).

Thankfully,. I know now that buying premium themes from Envato often ends in disaster and the learning curve did help me find a much better alternative. I do still sincerely hope though,that the ‘developer’ of the themes I purchased succumbs to spontaneous combustion at some point.

First I attempted to get a refund from Envato directly. Both my purchases were from the same seller (albeit placed at slightly different times). Both were also for premium website templates, one blog, one an eCommerce site.

With both templates I also purchased extra support. One purchase was made using my Payoneer card the other my regular Visa. Envato refused my refunds directly and in this case I attempted a charge back for the purchase made using my Visa card. I did not try this with Payoneer, as the theme I purchased was for a cryptocurrency themed website and Payoneer does not allow cryptocurrency purchases. (There was no cryptocurrency purchase involved but I did not want Payoneers very similar to Fiverr CS to see a buzzword and start being a pain.)

Long story short my regular bank refused my chargeback request, which I presume is because I stated clearly that my card had not been stolen or used by anyone but me. If I had paid directly using my PayPal balance and filed a claim with PayPal, things might have been different.

As far as I am concerned, the reason for my attempt to get a refund was 100% legitimate. Both themes I purchased did not work as advertised and support was nonexistent. All support amounted to was a request to purchase newer versions of some pre-packaged plugins, some of which were marked as a security risk by WordPress. (Not ideal for an eCommerce site).

Thankfully,. I know now that buying premium themes from Envato often ends in disaster and the learning curve did help me find a much better alternative. I do still sincerely hope though,that the ‘developer’ of the themes I purchased succumbs to spontaneous combustion at some point.

Spontaneous combustion is likely to happen especially when envato gets around to overhauling TF like they did PD.

Archived