Should SELLERS be prohibited from posting Buyer Requests?

edlee_vo

Doesn’t matter if they come through BR or direct contact. Sellers with better rankings get ridiculous requests all day long.

Not responsive to my OP or anything I’ve said. At least it is using the system the way it is designed. I get them too. This way only a few of us are inconvenienced, not the whole category. Remember BRs are rationed. None of us get every one. Why should that resource be compromised?

Cutting out sellers won’t solve anything. In worst case scenario those users will start sending direct messages even more.

That violates ToS and it is simple to Report and Block them.

A little OT, but I’ve found the reporting/blocking function to be hit or miss for me. It sometimes just doesn’t work.

Doesn’t matter if they come through BR or direct contact. Sellers with better rankings get ridiculous requests all day long.

Not responsive to my OP or anything I’ve said. At least it is using the system the way it is designed. I get them too. This way only a few of us are inconvenienced, not the whole category. Remember BRs are rationed. None of us get every one. Why should that resource be compromised?

Cutting out sellers won’t solve anything. In worst case scenario those users will start sending direct messages even more.

No it doesn’t. If I send you a message “Can you do a voiceover gig for $5 / 1000 words” then it’s just a simple message. It’s not against TOS.

Anyway, I will exit this thread because it’s not going anywhere and I have better things to do 😛

• You think that sellers are lazy for using BR - I don’t.
  • You think they are more problematic buyers because they know about cancellation rate - I don’t.
  • You think sellers should not be able to use BR as buyers - I don’t.

No it doesn’t. If I send you a message “Can you do a voiceover gig for $5 / 1000 words” then it’s just a simple message. It’s not against TOS.

Anyway, I will exit this thread because it’s not going anywhere and I have better things to do 😛

• You think they are more problematic buyers because they know about cancellation rate - I don’t.

I apparently misunderstood you. I thought you meant sellers who solicit other sellers for work. Sorry.

What I now understand is that you agree that sellers needing services should not contact individual sellers directly—the way fiverr was designed, because that is an inconvenience for you.

1, Noted

2. Noted (I actually think they abuse the cancellation process)

3. Noted

A little OT, but I’ve found the reporting/blocking function to be hit or miss for me. It sometimes just doesn’t work.

Thanks for this. I rarely use it so I didn’t know.

Compared to what? Most of the complaints on this forum are about the feature not about sellers who use it to buy services. Your main question is about prohibiting BR for sellers.

Huh. There are threads in at least two categories. I must have missed the ones complaining about the feature itself because they got lost in all the complaints about Buyers (who in large part are also fiverr Sellers) misusing the feature or trying to get work for nothing or insisting on ridiculous budgets because they undervalue and under price their own gigs.

they got lost in all the complaints about Buyers (who in large part are also fiverr Sellers) misusing the feature or trying to get work for nothing or insisting on ridiculous budgets

This is where I am missing your point. Can you link to some of those many complaints?

they got lost in all the complaints about Buyers (who in large part are also fiverr Sellers) misusing the feature or trying to get work for nothing or insisting on ridiculous budgets

This is where I am missing your point. Can you link to some of those many complaints?

Happy to. But it’s late here and I’ll try to find something tomorrow. However several popped up when I made the OP. I don’t use the forums much. Doesn’t it have a search function?

Guest offlinehelpers

Happy to. But it’s late here and I’ll try to find something tomorrow. However several popped up when I made the OP. I don’t use the forums much. Doesn’t it have a search function?

Doesn’t it have a search function?

Big magnifying glass at the top right. 🔍

Doesn’t it have a search function?

Yes. Thank you. That was good of you. I always appreciate those who wish to be genuinely helpful, but… that comment (not this one) was sarcasm. Sorry.

Guest offlinehelpers

Yes. Thank you. That was good of you. I always appreciate those who wish to be genuinely helpful, but… that comment (not this one) was sarcasm. Sorry.

that comment (not this one) was sarcasm.

It wasn’t meant to be - you asked if there was a search function - I simply said where you could find it.

that comment (not this one) was sarcasm.

It wasn’t meant to be - you asked if there was a search function - I simply said where you could find it.

No No No, Sorry. I was genuinely thanking you.

It was my post with the question that was sarcasm.

I hate text messages!

Sorry, again

Archived