The Curse of the TRS Monster 🙀

fonthaunt

This is how Fiverr should have marketed Pro over a year ago. Now the more they push Pro, the more it just turns people off.

I’m not missing out on a thing. PRO is not yet avail in the 🎙️ VO category. When it first came out I was like wow that’s coolio, I’m going to apply. 😍 is tick-tocking away and this PRO thing is not opened to the rest of us. So, I was like Flower it, I’ll concentrate on other things.

PRO & TRS has lost its charm for moi.

Makes the rest of us non-Pros sound a bit less than perfect, doesn’t it?

Suppose that’s the point really! 🙂

It feels like the first class passengers 🆚 Titanic.

It feels like the first class passengers 🆚 Titanic.

At least in steerage, everyone got to go down in good company :).

Interesting Titanic analogy btw. In real life, though, I think that the H.M.S. Fiverr is still in unsinkable iceberg denial mode 🙂

2edsfa.jpg.65a77327faa687007fd3dd5021bf3b93.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t see levels as being all that important aside from number of gigs etc.

Level is one of the least important things to me when choosing a seller although when a TRS produces rubbish, I do tend to be more annoyed. Maybe I am unusual in that but the fact is that the little badge on a profile and the nondescript text under a gig image really don’t explain what the badge is about or what the seller had to do to achieve it.

Edit: haha UX, snap…

the little badge on a profile and the nondescript text under a gig image really don’t explain what the badge is about or what the seller had to do to achieve it.

The few unicorns who read the ToS though, as they are supposed to do 😉 and I suppose buyers who intend to perhaps spend a lot of money on Fiverr might well do, get a pretty long text regarding levels, and both TRS and Pro sellers are being set apart:

Levels

Fiverr is all about helping Sellers leverage their skills. We seek to empower top performing Sellers with helpful tools to grow their business. Sellers who invest in self-promotion may achieve greater customer satisfaction. And, if they deliver on time and maintain high quality and ratings, Fiverr may reward them with new statuses, special opportunities, benefits, and tools that come with it.

Fiverr Sellers can gain account Levels based on their activity, performance and reputation. The advancement criteria can be found here.

Advancement in Levels are updated periodically by an automated system.

The current Levels a seller can achieve are, Level 1, 2, and Top Rated.

Sellers who cannot maintain their high quality service, experience a severe drop in ratings, or stop delivering on time risk losing their seller status and the benefits that come with it. For example, late deliveries, warnings to the seller’s account and cancellations can cause a seller to move to a different Level.

Advanced levels provide their owners with additional benefits, including offering gigs for higher prices through Gig Extras, or selling their Gig in multiples.

Top Rated Sellers

Top Rated Sellers are chosen manually by Fiverr editors through an ongoing review process based on seniority, volume of sales, extremely high ratings, exceptional customer care, high order completion rate and community leadership. Top Rated Sellers gain access to more extensive features than previous levels, including exclusive access to beta features and VIP support.

Top Rated eligibility is constantly evaluated by Fiverr to ensure that the quality standards and expectations of the Top Rated selection is kept. Fiverr retains the right to change a Top Rated Seller status in light of such evaluation. In addition, Top Rated Sellers who cannot maintain their high quality service through a severe drop in ratings, stop delivering on time, increased cancellation rate or violate our Terms of Service, also risk losing their Top Rated status and the benefits that come with it.

Pro Sellers

Pro Sellers are pre-verified professionals who undergo a vetting process by Fiverr editors. Applying for Fiverr Pro is open to everyone: professional freelancers who are new to Fiverr, as well as existing Fiverr Sellers.

Pro Sellers eligibility is constantly evaluated by Fiverr to ensure that the quality standards and expectations of the Pro Seller selection is kept. Fiverr retains the right to change a Pro Seller status in light of such evaluation. In addition, Pro Sellers who cannot maintain their high quality service through a severe drop in ratings, stop delivering on time, increased cancellation rate or violate our Terms of Service, also risk losing their Pro status and the benefits that come with it.

Maybe this only me feeling this way…

The point I gonna say that fiverr cannot value TRS after introduced PRO. PRO took over TRS spotlight, Chinese wisdom said “One Mountain Cannot have Two Tiger.” Let’s assume all the benefit of Pro gave to TRS, like the PRO button, that little bigger, cooler PRO badges, high ranking in algorithm, fiverr keep promoting the PRO on social network, etc. If TRS have that same advantages, most of the current TRS won’t feel TRS became that 'lame, will ya?

PRO took over TRS Spotlight IMO.

You’re absolutely right, Chris. At the moment they are pushing PRO Sellers hard. I’ve never seen a campaign or notice about TRS Sellers.

Exhibit A:

I just found this notice in my email.

A nice teaser to get me going I suppose.

I’m a PRO BUYER now?

So you’re a PRO seller now? I’m not sure should we congrats to you or it will be just another new PRO curse? LOL~ Congrats btw! 😁

I don’t see there’s a PRO badge at your profile??

Guest offlinehelpers

So you’re a PRO seller now? I’m not sure should we congrats to you or it will be just another new PRO curse? LOL~ Congrats btw! 😁

So you’re a PRO seller now?

Pro buyer I think. ☀️

Heck, I should’ve received a shiny PRO Buyer badge. 😛

Sad kitty. 😟

Maybe my awesome gal-pal @zeus777 will cheer me up and make one. 😘

Pro buyer I think. ☀️

Yup! A PRO Buyer!

I’ve spent hundreds and hundreds of dollaz on this website.

At least in steerage, everyone got to go down in good company :).

Also, they had FUN, drinking 🍻

As opposed to drinking expensive 🍾 caviar and sitting there in a designer outfit looking unhappy.

Interesting Titanic analogy btw. In real life, though, I think that the H.M.S. Fiverr is still in unsinkable iceberg denial mode 🙂

OMG, this post made my day, you’ve got a habit of making me lose it. 🤭 As in LMBO, can’t deal with the stiff/uptight types… 😂

Btw~ you would be good company in that scenario. 😊

Confirmation from CS that I’m now apart of the PRO Buyers Club.

Dunno, what to do with myself, should I celebrate? 😁

Perhaps juggle? :woman_juggling:t4:

ProBuyerConfirmation

That’s unfair you not getting your badge!

Pro sellers do have theirs!

😡

Confirmation from CS that I’m now apart of the PRO Buyers Club.

Dunno, what to do with myself, should I celebrate? 😁

Perhaps juggle? :woman_juggling:t4:

ProBuyerConfirmation

Hm, the design with all that colour instead of pro-black, and sun and rainbow fits nicely with the old design with the meadow and blue sky with clouds and sheep. Retro trip?

Congrats, anyhow, but you had the choice to buy from PRO sellers before you were in that Club already, else you wouldn’t have gotten into the Club, or not? :thinking:

TRS is nothing to do with sales and I can confirm that because I experienced almost have zero sales for 1 month even I’m a TRS in my category.

You ask why’s that? It’s because fiverr not really make TRS as valuable as it used to be in the old days. TRS even not at the very 1st page of Best Selling. They don’t have their own cool filter like the PRO. What they can get now is ‘worry’ about the yellow badges being taken every 15th of the month, nothing else.

I gonna tell this feel extremely sucks if any thing happen in any sales.

That’s meant you only can lost it, or you keep it but with no any special treatment.

I’m lucky enough to retain my TRS though. Lucky me.

The only “curse” of becoming TRS is that some buyers will expect that your work is 100% perfect just because you’re TRS.

However, it is a huge honor, a confidence booster, the Fiverr podcast might interview you, you might be featured on the Fiverr Facebook page, the Pinterest page, Fiverr might even advertise your gigs. This is why I compare it to a First Class upgrade, because you truly get a First Class experience.

Customer service answers faster when you’re TRS, you also get paid faster, and you get orders from people that never buy from level 2 or 1.

I was TRS, and I don’t regret it. It was fun while it lasted. I’m not angry about my demotion anymore, I have other concerns.

TRS is nothing to do with sales and I can confirm that because I experienced almost have zero sales for 1 month even I’m a TRS in my category.

Each seller’s experience is different. I was making $1,500 to $2,000 as a TRS. I’m lucky to make $500 as a level 2.

Even on great days when I get $120 worth of orders, my sales volume is a fraction of what it used to be.

They don’t have their own cool filter like the PRO.

They have this:

426840339_TRSfilter.png.c0c4fde522af3d6717af91a9710cb5cf.png

That little thing was my secret weapon. Even if I wasn’t on the first row, that eliminated most of my competition, with some buyers that only higher TRS.

Pro doesn’t concern me, they have their own issues.

The only “curse” of becoming TRS is that some buyers will expect that your work is 100% perfect just because you’re TRS.

However, it is a huge honor, a confidence booster, the Fiverr podcast might interview you, you might be featured on the Fiverr Facebook page, the Pinterest page, Fiverr might even advertise your gigs. This is why I compare it to a First Class upgrade, because you truly get a First Class experience.

Customer service answers faster when you’re TRS, you also get paid faster, and you get orders from people that never buy from level 2 or 1.

I was TRS, and I don’t regret it. It was fun while it lasted. I’m not angry about my demotion anymore, I have other concerns.

Each seller’s experience is different. I was making $1,500 to $2,000 as a TRS. I’m lucky to make $500 as a level 2.

Even on great days when I get $120 worth of orders, my sales volume is a fraction of what it used to be.

They don’t have their own cool filter like the PRO.

They have this:

TRS%20filter

That little thing was my secret weapon. Even if I wasn’t on the first row, that eliminated most of my competition, with some buyers that only higher TRS.

Pro doesn’t concern me, they have their own issues.

Hm, the design with all that colour instead of pro-black, and sun and rainbow fits nicely with the old design with the meadow and blue sky with clouds and sheep. Retro trip?

Congrats, anyhow, but you had the choice to buy from PRO sellers before you were in that Club already, else you wouldn’t have gotten into the Club, or not? :thinking:

Good Question.

It’s still a mystery, Mila! 😎

I’m happy to know you’re diggin’ the colorful design. 🎉

Perhaps, there is a special algorithm that chooses the (PB)

not to be mistaken with peanut butter. 😛

Maybe, the gremlins really, really, like really LOVE me. ❤️

Facts:

• I haven’t bought a gig from a PRO Seller.
  • I’ve spent a huge chunk of money on here.
  • I always submit ‘glowing’ private feedback to Fiverr. When I’m short on time, I don’t.
  • I tip generously.
  • I review some Sellers and others I don’t (privacy reasons & other whatnots)
  • I always mark the gig complete.
  • I’m always whimsical with Sellers.

So, maybe they took all of the above into account. I wonder if there are others out there in 5r world like moi.

Looks like another newsletter arrived for us PB, this one is top secret tho. 🤐

Exposure for TRS, nowadays it’s all about da PRO.

Have you ever gotten featured in any of the above? 🔝

Happy to hear, I know losing TRS knocked you off your 🏇

I believe I’d be a TRS if I made $10,000 a month, but I don’t. I have all the requirements but never make it. I wish that they’d just not do that monthly “you’re being considered for TRS status” thing. I’m positive it’s based on revenue.

I am late to this post, and I have not ready all the responses. All I know is that the TRS badge for me came after a lot of hard work and advocacy for Fiverr in many ways being a poster boy for them in several facets. And getting my TRS badged happened when the new level system was unveiled. And I have a sneaking suspicion someone put in a word for me. It takes talent to get there among other things and some luck.

At level two I was doing fine for part time with a full time job. TRS took me to another level and larger orders and more serious repeat buyers, and that is important in a crowded category such as mine. In writing, that TRS is like a badge of confidence for the buyer. Because they feel as though they will get what they pay for. Not always the case.

I will say that holding on to a TRS badge is scary. It takes one complaint, a few bad reviews, or some other action out of your control to get that badge dropped. And to gain it back can take time.

I think, no matter why you are here or what your status, the good tenants of selling here and in business stay tried and true. They have been written about a plenty. And it is always wise to diversify.

I would add that where you live matters. Some can do this full time on a non TRS level because where they live or their life situation allows it.

I think what has made Fiverr both frustrating and great is that it has become filled with some parody. It is a more even playing field than it has been, and that is good for everyone, even if it pisses off someone. My two cents.

Good Question.

It’s still a mystery, Mila! 😎

I’m happy to know you’re diggin’ the colorful design. 🎉

Perhaps, there is a special algorithm that chooses the (PB)

not to be mistaken with peanut butter. 😛

Maybe, the gremlins really, really, like really LOVE me. ❤️

Facts:

• I haven’t bought a gig from a PRO Seller.
  • I’ve spent a huge chunk of money on here.
  • I always submit ‘glowing’ private feedback to Fiverr. When I’m short on time, I don’t.
  • I tip generously.
  • I review some Sellers and others I don’t (privacy reasons & other whatnots)
  • I always mark the gig complete.
  • I’m always whimsical with Sellers.

So, maybe they took all of the above into account. I wonder if there are others out there in 5r world like moi.

Looks like another newsletter arrived for us PB, this one is top secret tho. 🤐

Exposure for TRS, nowadays it’s all about da PRO.

Have you ever gotten featured in any of the above? 🔝

Happy to hear, I know losing TRS knocked you off your 🏇

Have you ever gotten featured in any of the above?

Yes, I was interviewed on the podcast. I didn’t save the link, so I can’t share it. It took a while, because it’s not live, they will pause it and rerecord. The podcast people were super nice, but I’m more comfortable writing than speaking.

I’d love to be cursed, with TRS, as my revenue is going down, though I am a level 2 seller for about 6 years now. The monthly “we got news about your seller level” message is highly demotivating, especially that the advice on how to improve is a canned advice, stating the obvious for babies. Yes, I do tick all the boxes, yes I do everything already what Fiverr advise.
TRS would give me motivation, and Fiverr would gain more revenue.

Level 2, Level 1 or No levels mean little or nothing to me. I really can not say much about being TRS as I have never been one.
I was level 2 for almost all my life here on Fiverr. My sales had dropped even before I was demoted and was kept only in business by my repeat buyers. I can not say being level 1 made it more terrible as I was only level 1 for just a month. As soon as I was demoted to No levels, my sales picked up. I got more inquiries and got more orders from new buyers. Right now, I am happy being a no level seller. I do not care for SLD and can concentrate on doing my business without having to check on my stats every day.

If I can remain a No Level seller and keep my good stats believe me I would without second thought.

Archived