A NEW LEVEL CALLED "LEVEL 3" Should be introduce by fiverr!

poll  

336 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Yes, i want LEVEL 3 before TRS.
    • No, I don’t want any change. I wd love to receive same notification about evaluation every month.
    • It’s don’t matter for me.

I agree there should be more levels. Like 3, 5 or 10

YEAH! That would be great!

Also, they should introduce EXP so as we carry out certain actions we gain EXP towards getting the next level. Then, when they realize we are bored of having to carry out boring tasks like doing orders or marketing ourselves, they could create a gaming environment where we can play a game of some kind like slot machines or something and gain EXP that way!

Fiverr would be so much more fun then - nobody would earn anything of course, but still, it would be fun and motivate us to keep engaging. This whole “working for a living” and “building ourselves as a business” is so boring and I can’t be motivated to keep it going. Gimme rewards to incentivize my self-employment, my self discipline and working on my own initiative is just not cutting it any more.

Though it’s not just as incentive to the seller. It will also help the buyers more accurately choose a good seller for a particular job. My ideas would be more than just about number of delivered orders and/or the amount earned etc. but the complexity/how professional (or good quality) a gig/delivered gig was (which could take into account the category and more).

Basically more levels (eg. up to 10) and better algorithms/conditions for gaining those levels could help the buyers and sellers, especially if it was done well (eg. conditions set well, rewards set well).

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though it’s not just as incentive to the seller. It will also help the buyers more accurately choose a good seller for a particular job. My ideas would be more than just about number of delivered orders and/or the amount earned etc. but the complexity/how professional (or good quality) a gig/delivered gig was (which could take into account the category and more).

Basically more levels (eg. up to 10) and better algorithms/conditions for gaining those levels could help the buyers and sellers, especially if it was done well (eg. conditions set well, rewards set well).

if it was done well

I found the problem with your idea…

if it was done well

I found the problem with your idea…

You mean Fiverr won’t be able to (or just won’t) set the conditions/algorithms for the levels well enough to make it worthwhile or beneficial for the buyers and sellers?

You mean Fiverr won’t be able to (or just won’t) set the conditions/algorithms for the levels well enough to make it worthwhile or beneficial for the buyers and sellers?

Exactly - I really don’t think people need any more inflexible algorithms/bots deciding what they are capable of.

More levels will not benefit buyers. They will be more confused. They are confused enough with PRO, TRS, level 1 and 2…

The graphic used could help them, as well as some way to make it obvious to click on it for more info.

eg. the graphic could be or incorporate something like a chart (or bar chart) that let you know that 1 was 1 out of a possible 10 (if a max of 10 levels were used).

The graphic used could help them, as well as some way to make it obvious to click on it for more info.

eg. the graphic could be or incorporate something like a chart (or bar chart) that let you know that 1 was 1 out of a possible 10 (if a max of 10 levels were used).

Wouldn’t be better if they add stuff that will actually benefit sellers and buyers, and not just adding something that nobody needs?

Wouldn’t be better if they add stuff that will actually benefit sellers and buyers, and not just adding something that nobody needs?

With the right algorithms (which could be partly based on feedback from past buyers of the gigs, including feedback that isn’t shown under gigs), why wouldn’t it help to give a quick way of helping a seller make a decision about which seller to choose for a particular job? Something better than the ratings alone or the reviews alone (and a lot faster than reading every review). And the reviews alone don’t necessarily tell you how complex that particular task was (or maybe what sort of value for money was delivered), and not everyone wants to leave a public review or to have their delivery shown publicly.

With the right algorithms (which could be partly based on feedback from past buyers of the gigs, including feedback that isn’t shown under gigs), why wouldn’t it help to give a quick way of helping a seller make a decision about which seller to choose for a particular job? Something better than the ratings alone or the reviews alone (and a lot faster than reading every review). And the reviews alone don’t necessarily tell you how complex that particular task was (or maybe what sort of value for money was delivered), and not everyone wants to leave a public review or to have their delivery shown publicly.

They can’t make good algorithm with current 3 levels and PROs. How then they would make with 10 levels…

Guest offlinehelpers

They can’t make good algorithm with current 3 levels and PROs. How then they would make with 10 levels…

I’m imagining the Fiverr developers sitting reading this either pulling their hair out or laughing their socks off. 🙂

10 levels=more accurate. Allowing more precision makes it easier in some ways. Less rounding to less precise figures for specifying a level. They can even determine a requirement for the highest level and create a smooth graph between that and the lowest level (excluding “unleveled” or level 0).

Yes it could be a bit more work in some ways but it could be easier in other ways to develop (as well as being more precise with more levels).

Also, if the requirements for each level are in a look-up table, once those are entered/the table is created, it doesn’t make the coding any more difficult. The coding to take the values from the look-up table can be the same whether there are 3 levels or 10.

10 levels=more accurate. Allowing more precision makes it easier in some ways. Less rounding to less precise figures for specifying a level. They can even determine a requirement for the highest level and create a smooth graph between that and the lowest level (excluding “unleveled” or level 0).

Yes it could be a bit more work in some ways but it could be easier in other ways to develop (as well as being more precise with more levels).

Also, if the requirements for each level are in a look-up table, once those are entered/the table is created, it doesn’t make the coding any more difficult. The coding to take the values from the look-up table can be the same whether there are 3 levels or 10.

More levels mean more problems…

Why buyers would want to choose over 10 levels??? If I was a buyer, I wouldn’t even bother to buy something here because of it.

Why would buyer want to order anything from “middle” levels? They would then order from level 1-2 or level 9-10…

Also, how many problems will that be with promoting and demoting… So many people would complain. Also why stop at 10 levels? Why not unlimited levels… Lets make Fiverr like a game like @eoinfinnegan said. Lets collect experience and move in levels…

One day we would say: “You know, I am level 157 at fiverr…”

More levels mean more problems…

Why buyers would want to choose over 10 levels??? If I was a buyer, I wouldn’t even bother to buy something here because of it.

Why would buyer want to order anything from “middle” levels? They would then order from level 1-2 or level 9-10…

Also, how many problems will that be with promoting and demoting… So many people would complain. Also why stop at 10 levels? Why not unlimited levels… Lets make Fiverr like a game like @eoinfinnegan said. Lets collect experience and move in levels…

One day we would say: “You know, I am level 157 at fiverr…”

Lets collect experience and move in levels…

Well behind the scenes it could incorporate “points” or a “score” for various things like each delivered gig (to take into account various factors) , which could help in determining levels. You could also call the “score/points” just a figure based on various weights - used to determine quality of the gigs delivered (as well as incorporating other info like response time, whether the gig was on time, complexity of the gig delivered, quality of the results, value for money, etc.).

Why buyers would want to choose over 10 levels

I was suggesting “up to 10 levels”.

If there are 2 potential sellers who both have the same level when there are only up to 2 levels, having more than 2 levels (eg. up to 10) could, with the right algorithms, help the buyer choose between those 2 sellers for their project - because it is likely that one seller is slightly better than the other (so both could be in different levels with a system with 5 or 10 possible levels), even if they both show in the same level with a 2 level rating system.

Fiverr is serious business not a game with levels…

I give up with explaining… New match is on!

What serious business doesn’t want more precision where it’s possible to get it? What serious business wouldn’t want to help make their customers (buyers) make the buying decisions they’d be most likely to be happy with so they’d keep buying?

Other companies are always working to make their systems better for buyers so that they (the companies) make the most profit.

Financial trading systems also try to take into account as many variables as possible to make the best decision. Amazon is sucessful partly because of it’s “recommendation” system - where the more accurate its recommendations to buyers, the more likely they are to buy and continue to buy and the more profits a company makes.

A company with a system that helps buyers make the best buying decisions as well as giving the right incentives to the sellers whose deliveries the company makes their profits on will help the business make the best profits and be the most successful.

What serious business doesn’t want more precision where it’s possible to get it? What serious business wouldn’t want to help make their customers (buyers) make the buying decisions they’d be most likely to be happy with so they’d keep buying?

Other companies are always working to make their systems better for buyers so that they (the companies) make the most profit.

Financial trading systems also try to take into account as many variables as possible to make the best decision. Amazon is sucessful partly because of it’s “recommendation” system - where the more accurate its recommendations to buyers, the more likely they are to buy and continue to buy and the more profits a company makes.

A company with a system that helps buyers make the best buying decisions as well as giving the right incentives to the sellers whose deliveries the company makes their profits on will help the business make the best profits and be the most successful.

What serious business doesn’t want more precision where it’s possible to get it

One simple reason - Analysis Paralysis - give buyers too many options, and they won’t choose any options at all.

What serious business doesn’t want more precision where it’s possible to get it

One simple reason - Analysis Paralysis - give buyers too many options, and they won’t choose any options at all.

But the number of options the buyers choose from hasn’t changed.

On a system with a max of 2 levels. Should the buyer choose between their shortlist of seller A) or seller B), both of who show as having the same level.

Or on a system with a max of a higher number of levels (eg. 5), the buyer has the same shortlist of seller A) and seller B), but now the system shows seller A is on a higher level than seller B (this assumes the level system is set up so it uses the extra levels to give more levels between the min and max, not just adding more requirements for the higher levels). The system may now have helped the buyer make a better decision, just by the level system being more accurate. If the level system is done well, it’s shown that seller A may be better than seller B when before it showed both sellers as being “the same” (the same level - nothing obvious to the buyer that one seller may be better for their project than the other).

Some buyers might want more info too but they don’t have to have seen more info. The system can just show which of the same number of potential sellers may be the best for the buyer and that particular project, without having to present more options to the buyer.

I’m imagining the Fiverr developers sitting reading this either pulling their hair out or laughing their socks off. 🙂

And possibly thinking about rebranding Fiverr as Farmvillerr. 😸

I initially wanted a level 3 . But after reading all the suggestions. I would say its better the way it is. People will never be satisfied . 🙂

But after reading all the suggestions. I would say its better the way it is. People will never be satisfied

Simple : is fiverr satisfied to their current features, tools and Fee etc? if they satisfied, why they are changing day by day. So if level change…not relate to satisfaction.

• 2 years later...

As a buyer before a seller, I don’t make my decision to buy based on levels. I base it on the interaction I have in the messaging.

If one seller takes ages to reply and doesn’t appear to offer anything better than I could do myself in house I would go with the other if they impressed me.

If neither impressed me, they wouldn’t be in my consideration.

Or ignore this and let’s make it go to level 11.

I mean after all, what’s better than level 10?

Archived