O/T discussion on video template copyright etc

cyaxrex

I dont care, I am out nearly 200 bucks and it turns out I am a copyright infinger.

On the up side, you could take this as an opportunity. Download free software called Blender. It is a pain in the A to learn how to use but is completely free and Blender templates can be picked up online for $5- $100 - most of which have full unlimited resale rights.

The most important thing? NO ONE on Fiverr is offering that kind of video style in terms of intros, video editing etc, and end results look 100% professional and just as good as anything created in After Effects.

That’s free advice and not any kind of software plug. (Since it’s free).

That was so nice of you Andy.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was so nice of you Andy.

I have been using Blender extensively for pretty much all my work for about 3 years now, but I haven’t really used templates at all, since my work didn’t really call for it.

As far as AE, not only is it expensive itself, but after using it for a bit, I really fail to see the appeal. I thought the appeal was in templates that you could buy cheaply and edit really quickly, but if this is what it boils down to in terms of licenses, then this is a no-go.

Are you going to notify the clients who got that from you? Do they have a legal right to use the video you sold them?

I only sold like 3 copies, I will be contacting the seller first to clarify the issue and see if this is indeed true and if he can refund the money and if he confirms everything then I will of course notify everyone.

I only sold like 3 copies, I will be contacting the seller first to clarify the issue and see if this is indeed true and if he can refund the money and if he confirms everything then I will of course notify everyone.

It sounds like one of the clients of yours can keep the video but not the other two. So it doesn’t sound like something the owner would give a refund for although hopefully he might. I hope that one that left the negative review appreciates your honesty when you notify him. Or that must have been a different video.

It sounds like one of the clients of yours can keep the video but not the other two. So it doesn’t sound like something the owner would give a refund for although hopefully he might. I hope that one that left the negative review appreciates your honesty when you notify him. Or that must have been a different video.

He didn’t leave the negative review on one of the gigs which has copyright issues, so it is unrelated.

He didn’t leave the negative review on one of the gigs which has copyright issues, so it is unrelated.

Yeah, so I must have sounded like a true ******, crying about his unfair rating, while selling his copyright infringing material and confronting the user who was pointing at my unfair service.

I should really apologise to Cyaxrex, thank you for actually bringing this to light, even though it’s not the best of news, I was indeed the one in the wrong regarding the copyright infingring ordeal.

However, this is an unrelated issue and I hope that people would recognize it as such.

I will be contacting my 2 clients who purchased my copyright infringed gig and I will be offering them full refunds.

I do and have been providing an honest service since day one here on Fiverr and the rating issue, surprisingly is an unrelated one.

Yeah, so I must have sounded like a true ******, crying about his unfair rating, while selling his copyright infringing material and confronting the user who was pointing at my unfair service.

I should really apologise to Cyaxrex, thank you for actually bringing this to light, even though it’s not the best of news, I was indeed the one in the wrong regarding the copyright infingring ordeal.

However, this is an unrelated issue and I hope that people would recognize it as such.

I will be contacting my 2 clients who purchased my copyright infringed gig and I will be offering them full refunds.

I do and have been providing an honest service since day one here on Fiverr and the rating issue, surprisingly is an unrelated one.

I know it doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things and it doesn’t really matter whether you think good or bad of me, it won’t really affect the outcome of anything, just looking right now at fiverr top page I found so many top rated sellers with templates I’ve seen on envato, selling them for 5$. This is a plague isn’t it.

It takes me about 3 days to make a semi-decent animation, so how would you compete with someone who offers a dozen of them for 5$ ? Throw on top of that, buyers who can downrate you because they didn’t like your tone, this is a pretty depressing state of affairs.

I know it doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things and it doesn’t really matter whether you think good or bad of me, it won’t really affect the outcome of anything, just looking right now at fiverr top page I found so many top rated sellers with templates I’ve seen on envato, selling them for 5$. This is a plague isn’t it.

It takes me about 3 days to make a semi-decent animation, so how would you compete with someone who offers a dozen of them for 5$ ? Throw on top of that, buyers who can downrate you because they didn’t like your tone, this is a pretty depressing state of affairs.

buyers who can downrate you because they didn’t like your tone

Your tone is 50% of what they are paying for. A seller I’ve been using for years has such an incredibly pleasant way of handling clients that it’s always a pleasure to work with him.

As someone who doesn’t have a horse in this fight, I just want to say I really appreciate the discussion and the change of mind in this thread. I think once everyone grasped what was being said, and the issue with not being able to re-sell a template multiple times, it was great to see perspectives change.

This is the value of the Fiverr forums - sharing information so we can all be better sellers, which in turn boosts the marketplace for everyone. Thanks guys, it was a good tonic for the morning.

buyers who can downrate you because they didn’t like your tone

Your tone is 50% of what they are paying for. A seller I’ve been using for years has such an incredibly pleasant way of handling clients that it’s always a pleasure to work with him.

Sometimes it’s just hard, you are a human being after all. When I see a client who fails to follow even the basic steps to make an order and then I have to cancel my order which will affect my seller rating or do twice the work that I should have done to avoid cancellation, I nearly lose it. I of course hold myself together, but some of that angriness (is that a word ?) does seep through I guess.

Sometimes it’s just hard, you are a human being after all. When I see a client who fails to follow even the basic steps to make an order and then I have to cancel my order which will affect my seller rating or do twice the work that I should have done to avoid cancellation, I nearly lose it. I of course hold myself together, but some of that angriness (is that a word ?) does seep through I guess.

It’s fun to make it into a game, a challenge, to stay calm, polite, nice, sweet, pleasant no matter what they throw at you. It’s how you get things done, get good reviews, get repeat clients, and have an all around good experience as a seller. Customer service is what we are selling on fiverr.

You what ?

Extended license by definition, allows you to use this template to be used commercially . This means that you can edit the template and sell it on to your clients.

You really need to start getting to grips with the real license terms of what you are selling…

Extended license means .anyone can resell it.iam also un author on videohive.

I dont care, I am out nearly 200 bucks and it turns out I am a copyright infinger.

On the up side, you could take this as an opportunity. Download free software called Blender. It is a pain in the A to learn how to use but is completely free and Blender templates can be picked up online for $5- $100 - most of which have full unlimited resale rights.

The most important thing? NO ONE on Fiverr is offering that kind of video style in terms of intros, video editing etc, and end results look 100% professional and just as good as anything created in After Effects.

That’s free advice and not any kind of software plug. (Since it’s free).

Wot about render time blender Vs after effects.

Hi, there’s no need to worry about.u can resell it if u the license.its may be regular or extended.i have seen so many template here.

Wot about render time blender Vs after effects.

Blender is a ray-traced engine, it takes much much longer to render in Blender versus After Effects.

But After Effects is mostly used for 2D animation, motion graphics and such. While you do have your Element3D for AfterEffects, it is nowhere near as accurate and doesn’t have as many features, but it again renders much faster than Blender.

Hi, there’s no need to worry about.u can resell it if u the license.its may be regular or extended.i have seen so many template here.

I have sent a question to the seller of the template, I will see what he has to say, but what I have read generally, it is a single use only per license.

No he cannot.

He needs to provide a pdf with a new license each time he makes a sale here.

I have sent a question to the seller of the template, I will see what he has to say, but what I have read generally, it is a single use only per license.

You should contact envato customer support and link them to your fiverr gig directly.

You should contact envato customer support and link them to your fiverr gig directly.

Envato policy is clear now - as a general rule, you can only use a template for a single use, but every template is property of an individual just like you and me and they are the creators of copyrighted material and they have the final say, not envato. Some sellers on Envato allow you to use their work how you see fit, others do not. It takes time for people to respond to requests, so getting ahold of a particular seller may time some time, but I have asked a few other sellers and some creators allow multiple uses, while others do not. This is not a clear-cut issue.

Envato policy is clear now - as a general rule, you can only use a template for a single use, but every template is property of an individual just like you and me and they are the creators of copyrighted material and they have the final say, not envato. Some sellers on Envato allow you to use their work how you see fit, others do not. It takes time for people to respond to requests, so getting ahold of a particular seller may time some time, but I have asked a few other sellers and some creators allow multiple uses, while others do not. This is not a clear-cut issue.

Yes I agree with that this is a clear cut issue.

Every one of those sellers is bound by Envato’s ToS.

They can’t grant you permission to use as they please. They can be ignorant about it and agree to your message or whatever, but it’s not legally binding in any way.

Why don’t you contact envato support with a link to your gig? That seems like a pretty definite way to get a legit answer.

You are trying to justify

Yes I agree with that this is a clear cut issue.

Every one of those sellers is bound by Envato’s ToS.

They can’t grant you permission to use as they please. They can be ignorant about it and agree to your message or whatever, but it’s not legally binding in any way.

Why don’t you contact envato support with a link to your gig? That seems like a pretty definite way to get a legit answer.

You are trying to justify

This is not true. Envato does not enforce copyright, content creator does. If content creator has no issues with you, then you will have no problems with Envato.

Here is a relevant link.

2525130118d28c8a0137cbab3d629902dba71a16.png.08de46aba5043d4fdc2a14f3c720f897.png Envato Market Help Center

Protecting Your Copyright

Ooops, this article has moved! You will be redirected to the new page in 5 seconds, or you can click here now.

In any case, Envato rules are clear to me and I see no point in contacting them, so I have contacted the seller directly and I will see what he has to say first.

Archived