O/T discussion on video template copyright etc

cyaxrex

This is not true. Envato does not enforce copyright, content creator does. If content creator has no issues with you, then you will have no problems with Envato.

Here is a relevant link.

41c50ad5e2f64ee42e52260c7b9f112c45899794.pngEnvato Market Help Center
d21e0894487f0b9a78446dc76f9592fa01ed0b7d.svg

Protecting Your Copyright

Ooops, this article has moved! You will be redirected to the new page in 5 seconds, or you can click here now.

In any case, Envato rules are clear to me and I see no point in contacting them, so I have contacted the seller directly and I will see what he has to say first.

DMCA requests can only be filed by the owner or a legal representative of the respective rights.

As of now, you are in no possession of any legal document allowing you to re-distribute any of the content. I deal with the stuff almost weekly, because my content keeps popping up all over the place - I just want you to know, this is not okay. There is lots of work and effort involved and content creators usually do not take it lightly. Sorry, but please reconsider, this can potentially be really bad very quick for you.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DMCA requests can only be filed by the owner or a legal representative of the respective rights.

As of now, you are in no possession of any legal document allowing you to re-distribute any of the content. I deal with the stuff almost weekly, because my content keeps popping up all over the place - I just want you to know, this is not okay. There is lots of work and effort involved and content creators usually do not take it lightly. Sorry, but please reconsider, this can potentially be really bad very quick for you.

I know, that is why I have taken down the content until I have proof from template seller that it is ok for me to redistribute his work under the license that I have. I am just saying that it is indeed the content creator that has the final say in how his work can be distributed by others.

This is not true. Envato does not enforce copyright, content creator does. If content creator has no issues with you, then you will have no problems with Envato.

Here is a relevant link.

41c50ad5e2f64ee42e52260c7b9f112c45899794.pngEnvato Market Help Center
d21e0894487f0b9a78446dc76f9592fa01ed0b7d.svg

Protecting Your Copyright

Ooops, this article has moved! You will be redirected to the new page in 5 seconds, or you can click here now.

In any case, Envato rules are clear to me and I see no point in contacting them, so I have contacted the seller directly and I will see what he has to say first.

I never said about who enforces the rules or who has the right to file a DMCA takedown.

I simply stated a fact: when authors sign up on envato, they are bound by ToS.

ToS clearly states that in order to benefit from the exclusive author rates, they must only sell cia the platform.

It also states that when they upload something it is sold with envato’s policies.

Not their own.

I know, that is why I have taken down the content until I have proof from template seller that it is ok for me to redistribute his work under the license that I have. I am just saying that it is indeed the content creator that has the final say in how his work can be distributed by others.

Let us know how that goes.

Archived