O/T Discussion about Website Builders and more

eoinfinnegan

Thanks for the quick reply. If possible, can you please share the approximate proportion of buyers that prefer PayPal vs those that are okay with sending in the payments through Stripe?

can you please share the approximate proportion of buyers that prefer PayPal vs those that are okay with sending in the payments through Stripe?

Sure - I would say its about three quarters Stripe, a quarter PayPal.

Ahan, my breaking back and a failing kidney can relate to this.

cyaxrex:

Do you actually have a failing kidney?

Already doing it, I got 3 long term clients off-site and my own niche site in the works.

May I ask how you are planning to set up your website?

I used to have my own website but the ROI was pathetic. Plus just managing it and trying to make it look like the real deal (super professional) was both far too time intensive and never really happened. I am, however, planning to reestablish a website this year. This time though, I’m thinking about using Wix to simplify the whole process. (Or something better and cheaper if you have any tips).

This time though, I’m thinking about using Wix to simplify the whole process. (Or something better and cheaper if you have any tips).

Sorry for peaking in without invitation, but I think I may be able to help you out with this one. All of my websites are Wordpress-based. I use a simple, yet quite handy “page editor” tool. There are pre-built templates, that can be applied and edited in just a few minutes, to get a professional and quite attractive website.

Disclaimer: This is, in no way, a promotion, although I wish it were. Especially, with the ongoing, Fiverr vs Sellers Armageddon, any off-Fiverr income is welcomed! 😁

can you please share the approximate proportion of buyers that prefer PayPal vs those that are okay with sending in the payments through Stripe?

Sure - I would say its about three quarters Stripe, a quarter PayPal.

Thanks a ton! I will now review my schedule and try my best to get started at the earliest.

You’re awesome!

Mmmhhh… $7 per month could suit me. I basically only want a landing page which points people here and elsewhere.

Thanks for this!

I basically only want a landing page which points people here and elsewhere.

If you need just a simple landing page then Wix might be the right solution for you. I think Wordpress is definitely a superior solution for small and medium-sized business, but for a simple landing page it might be an overkill. If you want a good Wordpress one-pager then it will be much more expensive than using Wix and Wordpress requires regular maintenance.

WPbeginner wrote an article recently on page builders. Obviously they recommend Wordpress, but they are making a recommendation for a small business site not for a 1-page site.

favicon.icoWPBeginner – 20 Sep 17

websitebuilder.png.b4e1ca6eb060579f145223b7deb5fa10.png

How to Choose the Best Website Builder in 2019 (Compared)

Are you looking for the best website builder to start your new website? Check out how to choose the best website builder with our expert pros and cons list.

Which -if any- of the above mentioned platforms offers the most customization in terms of design?

Which -if any- of the above mentioned platforms offers the most customization in terms of design?

Wordpress has more flexibility than any other page builder because it’s open source. There are thousands of super flexible themes and if you don’t like them then you can write your own code 😉

Other platforms allow you to use existing modules and some even let you add CSS, but only Wordpress let’s you play around in its core.

I have only used Weebly and Squarespace - and the simple answer is, Squarespace offers easier customization directly from a “style editor” in the interface (which Weebly does not have). BUT - you can customize any element of the website by injecting custom CSS, which all website building services allow you to do.

I have only used Weebly and Squarespace - and the simple answer is, Squarespace offers easier customization directly from a “style editor” in the interface (which Weebly does not have). BUT - you can customize any element of the website by injecting custom CSS, which all website building services allow you to do.

Thank you @paulmaplesden and @uxreview

Wordpress has more flexibility than any other page builder because it’s open source. There are thousands of super flexible themes and if you don’t like them then you can write your own code 😉

Other platforms allow you to use existing modules and some even let you add CSS, but only Wordpress let’s you play around in its core.

WordPress sounds awesome but I am looking for a solution that’s a bit more automated.

Like here’s a template, tweak it via a simole editor, you are done.

Something sandboxed, no plugins no exposed code.

WordPress sounds awesome but I am looking for a solution that’s a bit more automated.

If you’ve already decided on using Wordpress.

Right now the top 3 themes with a visual builder are Divi, Elementor and Beaver Builder. Check out those and see if you like any of them.

some even let you add CSS

I would think they all have that routinely built in?

Personally, I found WordPress to be too customizable. There is so much you can tweak, especially with plugins and add ons - it can get top heavy extremely quickly. I realize I am in a minority on that though!

As for what you’re after - the three big website builders - Wix, Weebly, Squarespace all offer that, and they all have free trials. I recommend signing up and seeing which one suits your needs best.

Personally, I found WordPress to be too customizable. There is so much you can tweak, especially with plugins and add ons - it can get top heavy extremely quickly. I realize I am in a minority on that though!

As for what you’re after - the three big website builders - Wix, Weebly, Squarespace all offer that, and they all have free trials. I recommend signing up and seeing which one suits your needs best.

My portfolio website, which is not hard to find, was built with Squarespace - it is pretty simple, but it does the job.

I agree. Often clients come to me asking for a simple solution yet they think Wordpress is the right solution because someone recommended it. It depends on the project, requirements, cost etc.

Wordpress will give you pretty much full control, but there’s a cost. (Time, money, self-learning etc)

This time though, I’m thinking about using Wix to simplify the whole process. (Or something better and cheaper if you have any tips).

Sorry for peaking in without invitation, but I think I may be able to help you out with this one. All of my websites are Wordpress-based. I use a simple, yet quite handy “page editor” tool. There are pre-built templates, that can be applied and edited in just a few minutes, to get a professional and quite attractive website.

Disclaimer: This is, in no way, a promotion, although I wish it were. Especially, with the ongoing, Fiverr vs Sellers Armageddon, any off-Fiverr income is welcomed! 😁

Nah, me and Wordpress don’t get on. I can build decent Wordpress websites (or could) but maintaining it and adding new content was simply a full-time job.

Then there is the cost. Looking at Weebly, $7 per month including a domain name is way cheaper from a cost and time perspective.

Of course, Wordpress would be where I would be going if I wanted anything like an e-commerce website. In fact, my last foray into Wordpress was when I last ventured into affiliate marketing. Really, though, what I need is a quick drag and drop website I can build in a day and just forget about in terms of everything apart from posting content every week.

Nah, me and Wordpress don’t get on. I can build decent Wordpress websites (or could) but maintaining it and adding new content was simply a full-time job.

Then there is the cost. Looking at Weebly, $7 per month including a domain name is way cheaper from a cost and time perspective.

Of course, Wordpress would be where I would be going if I wanted anything like an e-commerce website. In fact, my last foray into Wordpress was when I last ventured into affiliate marketing. Really, though, what I need is a quick drag and drop website I can build in a day and just forget about in terms of everything apart from posting content every week.

Yep! Regular maintenance and updates are mandatory for Wordpress sites. Weebly or Squarespace will be able to better accommodate your requirements. My second website was also on Weebly.

Good luck and do let me know if you need any help!

Really, though, what I need is a quick drag and drop website I can build in a day and just forget about in terms of everything apart from posting content every week.

Weebly is absolutely ideal for that.

I would suggest that you create a portfolio page in the free versions of both Wix and Weebly and see what you prefer.

Weebly is better (IMO) in many ways but one thing that Wix is awesome for is image and video portfolio sites. They just look better in that way. Wix was originally focused on photography sites so it has maintained an edge over Weebly and Squarespace on that front.

If you make one of each, you can try out your own content and decide which you like better.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived