Seller's Gig must not be affected if a gig is cancelled due to language related issues

Guest logoeasy

but for other people it shows in their native non-English language

It’s actually just showing in English, I live in a country where Spanish is our native language and I’ve put my browser in Spanish to see if the site has auto-translation base on your browser language and is still showing in English .

It’s actually just showing in English, I live in a country where Spanish is our native language and I’ve put my browser in Spanish to see if the site has auto-translation base on your browser language and is still showing in English .

Yes, I know - if you read my last message, I already mentioned that based on what CS has told me a few hours ago 😉

CS removed the multi-language support of the site, so now it’s English-only - I guess it was too much trouble for everyone having the site showing in different languages

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I know - if you read my last message, I already mentioned that based on what CS has told me a few hours ago 😉

CS removed the multi-language support of the site, so now it’s English-only - I guess it was too much trouble for everyone having the site showing in different languages

Oh, I’ve missed that part, sorry.

Guest logoeasy

but for other people it shows in their native non-English language

Yes, I know it. In reality the Fiverr website is only and only in English. It will show in another language, if a person has set his browser / computer settings to translate websites to English.

But I did not want to dispute what other’s said, because some people feel that only they are right and nothing else apart from what they feel is right, can be right, so I just did not reply to what they mentioned. Let them accept it or not. The reality is that Fiverr is in English and only English, otherwise Fiverr will have the option to choose your language, right ?

But, let us not dispute this with others here. Let them feel what they know only what they know, as the right thing.

Guest logoeasy

Oh, I’ve missed that part, sorry.

Fiverr has always been in English and only English.

Guest forsirius

Actually, not long ago Fiverr was showing up in different languages for everyone based on their geographic location. We all went through the development stages of the multi-language site, when we started seeing our dashboards in other languages, which seems to have been fixed now.

What I’m saying is that Fiverr might still show the site in other languages, not just English, and because of that I had several people contact me in their native languages that I couldn’t understand, all because those people were seeing the site translated in their native language. Bad design if you ask me.

I’ve also heard of sellers who looked at the buyers’ profiles to identify their country in order to write the messages in Google Translate and translate them in the buyers’ native tongue, making the language barrier go away 😉 Some of them had become regular clients, even if they spoke in different languages.

True, using Google Translate with problematic buyers can lead to some serious misunderstandings and confusions, which is why I avoid using it 😬

But the bottom line is that Fiverr may not show up only in English, so if you see it in English and your buyer sees in in another language, then the buyer is definitely not obligated to learn English 🙂

I do wonder, though: does anybody know if Fiverr is still being presented in different languages?

I’ve also heard of sellers who looked at the buyers’ profiles to identify their country in order to write the messages in Google Translate and translate them in the buyers’ native tongue, making the language barrier go away

Oh wow 😮 I’d love to see someone try to google translate Estonian to me because their translation still does a very terrible job if you try translating more than a couple words from another language into Estonian. I’ve always laughed hard reading the stuff that comes out of it and it would be painfully obvious the person doesn’t know a word of Estonian otherwise. I think in the case of my native language, the language barrier would probably actually get much worse 😂

Guest logoeasy

The solution is simple. It may sound “discriminatory” to small minds. But, nonetheless, I will still go ahead and mention it. Moreover, what is this Fiverr Forum for, if we cannot suggest something or give our points of view. Now, I’ll attract haters. That is fine with me, it’s OK.Anyone who feels this is discriminatory, does not understand the meaning of discrimination.
OK< here it is : Fiverr needs to make it clear on it’s main page that this website is for a global audience and hence the language of choice is English, so therefore both buyers and sellers must utilize this platform using effective English language …
Or something in those lines.
Simple.
Haters, you are welcome to hate me.

Guest logoeasy

Imagine this. You do not speak language “abc”. but you do speak language “xyz”.
You need to buy a newspaper to read the news, so you walk into a general store. It has newspapers (for sale) in language “abc”. Will you buy the language “abc” newspaper ? No, right ?
Next what will you do ? Easily walk to the next store … Wow, they have newspapers in language “xyz”.
The same here !!!
People not knowing English, must not use a service related portal which is in English. They must understand that it is ultimately going to be a waste of time for them. They must search for an alternative in their known languages. Simple. This is NOT discrimination in any way whatsoever.
Why can’t Fiverr just mention this in a simple, short and sweet manner on the main page ?

Maybe you haven’t been around back in 2014-2015?

Fiverr introduced a multi-language version of the site, and you can see the proof for yourself in the below forum threads and more like those, where people complained about Fiverr showing up in another language (without using translation plugins or anything like that):

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

My Fiverr site language just turned into Spanish?

Help! I just signed into fiverr and everything is written in Spanish. How do I get it back to English? This never happened before and I can't read Spanish lol. I can't even figure out what the FAQ or anything says!

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

Why is Fiverr suddenly all in Spanish?

I have nothing against Spanish...I just don't speak it very well. I may have been raised in New Mexico, but I took German in high school. I can't find anywhere that allows me to choose the language I see my account in. Really? REALLY? I'm trying to...

So no, Fiverr was not always only in English - there was a time when it also showed other languages as you can see from the above example threads 😉

some people feel that only they are right and nothing else apart from what they feel is right, can be right

In case that was a reference to me, I never write something because “I feel” that I’m right. When I claim something, it’s because I know I’m right about it, because I will have proof to back up my claims. If I make a claim and I feel I could be right, then I will use words like “might”, “may”, “maybe” 🙂

And as a matter of fact, I proved with this post that I was right when I said that Fiverr was in another language at one point in time, and I also proved that your claim that Fiverr was always only in English wasn’t right.

Anyway, we’re derailing from the matter at hand, so I’ll rest my case here 🙂

Guest logoeasy

Maybe you haven’t been around back in 2014-2015?

Fiverr introduced a multi-language version of the site, and you can see the proof for yourself in the below forum threads and more like those, where people complained about Fiverr showing up in another language (without using translation plugins or anything like that):

favicon.ico default-apple-touch-icon.png

Help! I just signed into fiverr and everything is written in Spanish. How do I get it back to English? This never happened before and I can't read Spanish lol. I can't even figure out what the FAQ or anything says!

favicon.ico default-apple-touch-icon.png

I have nothing against Spanish...I just don't speak it very well. I may have been raised in New Mexico, but I took German in high school. I can't find anywhere that allows me to choose the language I see my account in. Really? REALLY? I'm trying to...

So no, Fiverr was not always only in English - there was a time when it also showed other languages as you can see from the above example threads 😉

some people feel that only they are right and nothing else apart from what they feel is right, can be right

In case that was a reference to me, I never write something because “I feel” that I’m right. When I claim something, it’s because I know I’m right about it, because I will have proof to back up my claims. If I make a claim and I feel I could be right, then I will use words like “might”, “may”, “maybe” 🙂

And as a matter of fact, I proved with this post that I was right when I said that Fiverr was in another language at one point in time, and I also proved that your claim that Fiverr was always only in English wasn’t right.

Anyway, we’re derailing from the matter at hand, so I’ll rest my case here 🙂

For those way back in 2015, who knows they assumed they have their browser / computer settings in English, where as it was not and that is why they got the website in Spanish. Their comments may not represent the actual reality. It is like me coming here and commenting that aliens are operating my Fiverr account and someone posts a screenshot of my comment to prove that aliens are operating a seller’s Fiverr account.

See, I do not intend to offend you in any way. I have worked many years in different aspects of customer service and when there is an issue, I ultimately found out that the user (consumer) is providing wrong information (in 99% of cases).

For those way back in 2015, who knows they assumed they have their browser / computer settings in English, where as it was not and that is why they got the website in Spanish. Their comments may not represent the actual reality. It is like me coming here and commenting that aliens are operating my Fiverr account and someone posts a screenshot of my comment to prove that aliens are operating a seller’s Fiverr account.

See, I do not intend to offend you in any way. I have worked many years in different aspects of customer service and when there is an issue, I ultimately found out that the user (consumer) is providing wrong information (in 99% of cases).

Their comments may not represent the actual reality.

OK, if that didn’t count as proof to you, let me share with you a reply from Customer Support from back in 2016 when that multi-language Fiverr feature was still there and people could still see the site in other languages:

Screenshot-28_Oct_2017-01_30_33.jpg.b779f283690b95840260272c9ac671ff.jpg

I hope that settles it - as you can see, CS even told me how to change the site language when it was multi-language, and there was a dropdown where one could change the site’s language. The Fiverr site was multilanguage from 2014 up to 2016, and now they’ve removed that feature.

Guest logoeasy

I have been using Fiverr since 2012 and never ever saw a language related option. Sometimes CS staff may be mistaken. I have been in CS and my friends too and many a times we were / are mistaken. It is common for CS to be mistaken and normal as well.

I have been using Fiverr since 2012 and never ever saw a language related option. Sometimes CS staff may be mistaken. I have been in CS and my friends too and many a times we were / are mistaken. It is common for CS to be mistaken and normal as well.

Fiverr is known to test features by showing them to select people, not to everyone (the “Available Now” feature is only given to select sellers, for example), so maybe you just didn’t have that multilanguage feature back then, but some of your buyers might have had it 🙂

I have been using Fiverr since 2012 and never ever saw a language related option

The above does not prove the below:

Fiverr even hired translators on Fiverr to translate the site… You just missed it which is ok.

Fiverr needs to make it clear on it’s main page that this website is for a global audience and hence the language of choice is English, so therefore both buyers and sellers must utilize this platform using effective English language

And how many languages should this be translated into if it is aimed at those who don’t speak English?

PS. Talking about “attracting haters” is hurting my eyes, please don’t - just for me?

Guest logoeasy

I have been using Fiverr since 2012 and never ever saw a language related option

The above does not prove the below:

Fiverr even hired translators on Fiverr to translate the site… You just missed it which is ok.

Fiverr needs to make it clear on it’s main page that this website is for a global audience and hence the language of choice is English, so therefore both buyers and sellers must utilize this platform using effective English language

And how many languages should this be translated into if it is aimed at those who don’t speak English?

PS. Talking about “attracting haters” is hurting my eyes, please don’t - just for me?

If Fiverr does it’s studies, Fiverr will know in which languages the advisory must be. Fiverr must filter cancellations down to cancellations due to language barrier (it may or may not be easy to filter down to this, no idea) and then see from where the buyer was coming from. Perhaps.

If Fiverr does it’s studies, Fiverr will know in which languages the advisory must be. Fiverr must filter cancellations down to cancellations due to language barrier (it may or may not be easy to filter down to this, no idea) and then see from where the buyer was coming from. Perhaps.

Fiverr must filter cancellations down to cancellations due to language barrier (it may or may not be easy to filter down to this, no idea)

When you choose a reason to cancel in the Resolution Center, there’s an option for “another reason” - maybe if sellers would provide a reason that includes the words “English” and/or “language”, Fiverr will be able to filter them - just an idea 😉

Guest logoeasy

There is something called “vision”. If certain people who had good “vision” realized that they are creating a global platform, this aspect would have very easily been incorporated right at the start. It is one of the first aspects that should have come in mind!!!

Sorry, but I don’t think this idea is important.
I have never had to cancel an order due to poor English although I admit this doesnt mean it does not happen.

The idea or “vision” of dismissing those who dont speak English well is a pretty rubbish idea too. Lots of my clients apologize for their English but with a little work I can understand what they are saying. It is likely if those people had a big flashing banner telling them to “Get lost non-English speaker” when they first came to the site, they would not have proceeded and I would not have got those orders.

Anyway, the vision for creating a global platform is to INCLUDE a global audience, rather than exclude them in the way you are suggesting. Perhaps you should consider that your vision is “tunnel-vision” on this issue.

Guest logoeasy

Sorry, but I don’t think this idea is important.

I have never had to cancel an order due to poor English although I admit this doesnt mean it does not happen.

The idea or “vision” of dismissing those who dont speak English well is a pretty rubbish idea too. Lots of my clients apologize for their English but with a little work I can understand what they are saying. It is likely if those people had a big flashing banner telling them to “Get lost non-English speaker” when they first came to the site, they would not have proceeded and I would not have got those orders.

Anyway, the vision for creating a global platform is to INCLUDE a global audience, rather than exclude them in the way you are suggesting. Perhaps you should consider that your vision is “tunnel-vision” on this issue.

There is a difference between poor English and not knowing English at all. I have been getting orders from people knowing “zero” English. 3 such cancellations in a row. And I am expected not to talk about it here in the community forum. I am wondering what this forum is for ? Really ?

Never again would I ever even visit this forum. I’ll stick to the main Fiverr site.

I feel really sorry for you all. Continue to live in your small world. I’m outta here. My world is big. Done.

There is a difference between poor English and not knowing English at all. I have been getting orders from people knowing “zero” English. 3 such cancellations in a row. And I am expected not to talk about it here in the community forum. I am wondering what this forum is for ? Really ?

Never again would I ever even visit this forum. I’ll stick to the main Fiverr site.

I feel really sorry for you all. Continue to live in your small world. I’m outta here. My world is big. Done.

My world is big

Perhaps if you made your world smaller you would get less people who dont speak English.

Just because people disagree with you, it doesnt mean you should flounce off. We disagreed, big deal?

I feel really sorry for you all. Continue to live in your small world. I’m outta here.

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a proper flounce. This one came out of nowhere.

I’ve only had one or two cancellations in five years due to the buyer knowing zero English.

logoeasy if you see this, realize that sometimes others don’t agree with you on what you post and it doesn’t mean that you need to feel so terribly offended. This is being much too sensitive.

My world is big.

Good to know that. But you should stop getting irritated/angry/offended at the drop of a hat.

Actually, not long ago Fiverr was showing up in different languages for everyone based on their geographic location. We all went through the development stages of the multi-language site, when we started seeing our dashboards in other languages, which seems to have been fixed now.

What I’m saying is that Fiverr might still show the site in other languages, not just English, and because of that I had several people contact me in their native languages that I couldn’t understand, all because those people were seeing the site translated in their native language. Bad design if you ask me.

I’ve also heard of sellers who looked at the buyers’ profiles to identify their country in order to write the messages in Google Translate and translate them in the buyers’ native tongue, making the language barrier go away 😉 Some of them had become regular clients, even if they spoke in different languages.

True, using Google Translate with problematic buyers can lead to some serious misunderstandings and confusions, which is why I avoid using it 😬

But the bottom line is that Fiverr may not show up only in English, so if you see it in English and your buyer sees in in another language, then the buyer is definitely not obligated to learn English 🙂

I do wonder, though: does anybody know if Fiverr is still being presented in different languages?

That’s a good question. We used to be able to select our language from a little drop down box. I assume that it must still be displayed in other languages. I would love to know what method is being used now for this. I don’t get buyers from France, which I know is one country where English is not spoken, so maybe it is separated out by country.

Archived