Big orders or little orders?

brejay

I am reading about Milestones and they are fishy and glichy and buggy all over.

EDIT. I just read Milestones TOS and I can not see why would anyone in his right mind do that. You only get payed after months and months… Horrible concept.

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/working-with-milestones

Milestones are a horrible idea. Or, to say it better, they are a good idea… but the implementation is probably the worst I’ve ever seen. And that’s saying a lot, since Fiverr has quite a lot of badly implemented features.

1 - It drags the process on forever. Buyers can request revisions after each milestone. Fiverr claims that the number of revisions is set per order, but that’s absolute BS, because the number of revisions offered is irrelevant - the buyer can request as many revisions as they want anyway. Only now they can do it at 3 separate times. Brilliant.

2 - You’ll have to wait forever to get paid, whereas if you break the order into smaller ones you get paid after each one. Milestones should automatically be paid upon milestone completion, not at the end. Makes absolutely no sense.

3 - On a normal order, clients have 3 days to request a revision or the order is marked as complete. On a milestone order, buyers have EIGHT days to request a revision… at each milestone. So that’s 24 days right there alone, and this is if only one revision is opened per milestone. Why 8 instead of 3? Somebody was very high on glue at Fiver’s HQ, it’s the only plausible explanation.

Only an absolute moron would do a milestone order after being aware of how it works. I’ve done it in the past, and I was lucky. After looking into them in more detail, I’m happy to say I’m a bit less moronic now, and that won’t be happening again.

So, Fiverr friends, what do you think?

Would you rather have ten $20 orders?

Or one $200 order?

I can’t decide what I would pick. Large orders take me longer to start but finish faster! What are your pros and cons?

Would you rather have ten $20 orders?

Or one $200 order?

When I hear a question like that, I think it’s your choice on how and when you will get orders! The way you want, and all things under your control :thinking:

300$ missing?? It was a huge fortune the buyer was honest. Thank you for sharing this. I already made up my mind not to use Milestones, now you just cemented that.

The buyer is not replying all day, I have sent him my ai files samples (not a big deal, if the request is real, I could suffer the pain of losing ai files to scam). So maybe nothing this time, but good thing I know for the future.

I know. It was for a huge, ongoing project but I had done an identical one for this client months before and had a great working relationship with them which is really lucky. It is a really rubbish, confusing system.

I much prefer smaller projects! They’re easier for me to nail perfectly the first time and I usually spend less time doing six 10-minute recordings than one 60-minute recording. Easier to spot mistakes and less likely to have revision requests!

Having said that, my clients with larger orders are usually repeat buyers and usually a joy to work with.

I am reading about Milestones and they are fishy and glichy and buggy all over

I did one milestone project and I will never use that feature again. The buyer (who was a repeat client and 100% good for it) accidentally only officially accepted the final milestone, as opposed to each individual milestone, and I didn’t notice until just by coincidence I happened to spot that there was $300 missing from my pending balance. I got in touch with CS to see what was up and they told me there was nothing they could do. Luckily my client is a legend and was happy to place a new order to cover the missing funds, but I could’ve easily gotten screwed by that very silly function.

I find smaller orders are much easier from a project management standpoint. There is less to track.

Archived