Hanging out waiting for a "real" buyer request, so let's visit

vickiespencer

All of them had samples in their gigs of their work. Some claimed to be drawing the picture when it was evident that they were using a photo app to do the work. I do not mind if they use a photo app, to do what I requested, but I feel they should not say they are “drawing” it. So I picked a newbie that did not say she would draw it, she said she would create it. Although to be fair, I guess non-English speakers may not realize their error in this.

Some new sellers may have sent you actual samples of your finished product first if you have the nerve to ask them. But they would get mad if you then didn’t order it probably.

Anyone can use photoshop to create something with the press of a button as you probably know but if that’s ok with you then it will be interesting to see what happens.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some new sellers may have sent you actual samples of your finished product first if you have the nerve to ask them. But they would get mad if you then didn’t order it probably.

Anyone can use photoshop to create something with the press of a button as you probably know but if that’s ok with you then it will be interesting to see what happens.

I knew I could ask for samples, but it was only a $5 gig, so I did not.

I really like your real photo as it is! There is a lot of friendliness and character in your face. It’s quite nice!

The one I had her make a caricature of is the one of me in my hat. You can see it on my gig page. I sent the one that is cooler in color. The one that is warmer in tone is one I did myself with one of those photo apps I mentioned before.

All of them had samples in their gigs of their work. Some claimed to be drawing the picture when it was evident that they were using a photo app to do the work. I do not mind if they use a photo app, to do what I requested, but I feel they should not say they are “drawing” it. So I picked a newbie that did not say she would draw it, she said she would create it. Although to be fair, I guess non-English speakers may not realize their error in this.

Maybe they were drawing it but using a graphics tablet and pen (not an actual pen), instead of on paper/with pencil. So it could still be “drawing” just not on actual paper.

Maybe they were drawing it but using a graphics tablet and pen (not an actual pen), instead of on paper/with pencil. So it could still be “drawing” just not on actual paper.

True, but their samples looked more like a photo app. There is a difference I think. I have seen my granddaughters on a tablet, (she draws manga) but it looks somehow different from the photo apps.

True, but their samples looked more like a photo app. There is a difference I think. I have seen my granddaughters on a tablet, (she draws manga) but it looks somehow different from the photo apps.

Photoshop has a wide range of different effects it can use to modify a photo. But still it’s easy to tell it was computer generated if you are used to seeing how these effects look.

Some look like pencil sketches, some like watercolors, some like oil colors, and dozens of other effects.

Most of the so called artist drawings I see on fiverr are these effects.

The one I had her make a caricature of is the one of me in my hat. You can see it on my gig page. I sent the one that is cooler in color. The one that is warmer in tone is one I did myself with one of those photo apps I mentioned before.

The link to your main Fiverr profile from the forum profile doesn’t work. I think it is because you have a # at the end.

If you click on your photo in the forum you will see what I mean. Your name there works but your www name with the # at the end doesn’t. Mine works with both but there is no # at the end of my www name.Think if you took the # off it would work but will leave it with you.

I will see if if can edit it.

Looking forward to your new picture.

I’ve had several done by 3 different sellers: Disney, caricature & chibi. I’ve used some for profile pic from various times.

The one I am using now is a signature logo I’ve used before.

I’m working on getting a new one.

I see, I get the hint. Go on then, I’ll do you one… Next time just ask. 🙂

I once tried to post on the BR section but my request was declined. I am not sure how some seller get through with their approval.

After I posted a job in the Buyer section, I have been wondering the same thing.:thinking:

There are all kinds of indications you should not be there if you are a seller. :stop_sign:

Looking forward to your new picture.

I’ve had several done by 3 different sellers: Disney, caricature & chibi. I’ve used some for profile pic from various times.

The one I am using now is a signature logo I’ve used before.

I’m working on getting a new one.

But you do not post them in buyer requests, do you. I found out why today. The sellers will spam you! 🤨

Archived