The Private Feedback screen has changed

gina_riley2

I really don´t understand this double-feedback feature.

Especially if a seller gets a “bad” private feedback, he will never know what was criticised, so he is not able to fix that. Actions? No actions!

My opinion: One unique transparent feedback, visible for all involved parts.

I really don´t understand this double-feedback feature.

Especially if a seller gets a “bad” private feedback, he will never know what was criticised, so he is not able to fix that. Actions? No actions!

My opinion: One unique transparent feedback, visible for all involved parts.

You make a good point. What if someone gets great public feedback but bad private feedback? Which is the true one?

I wonder if the private feedback affects our rankings or what affect it has.

Also those choices don’t cover a lot of things that could be wrong.

@digipixtrooper: You do know this is private feedback and is not shown to the seller. It goes directly to the 5r quality assurance team.

Whoa, @cyaxrex, love the new pic, didn’t recognize you. Private feedback isn’t new. It’s been around for awhile; they just redid it to make it easier. Only the stars are mandatory; the circles are optional. I marked “High quality delivery” to all the sellers I bought from yesterday and today as I felt that was the most important one for the sellers.

I left the “How can the seller improve their service?” section empty or didn’t mark it at all. I hit next and it went through fine.

I may have to create a thread to educate new buyers on how to do that.

@misscrystal: I could have sworn someone wrote that there is a private feedback for buyers that sellers do as well back around April timeframe? That created paranoia in me as well, so I know how you’re feeling.

I could have sworn someone wrote that there is a private feedback for buyers that sellers do as well back around April timeframe? That created paranoia in me as well, so I know how you’re feeling.

:thinking:

You make a good point. What if someone gets great public feedback but bad private feedback? Which is the true one?

I wonder if the private feedback affects our rankings or what affect it has.

Also those choices don’t cover a lot of things that could be wrong.

If someone rates me good in public but bad in private, I’d suspect the private one is the most accurate.

Many people don’t want to say something negative about someone in public. (A good thing.)

But in private they will often be more truthful.

If we are doing a great job, we have nothing to worry about. Remember it’s still relative to our peers. We could get a mean person who rates us low in private, but everybody will have a few of those who just wanted something for nothing.

It’s like 5 star ratings. I still believe if we do enough, we’ll have a few that don’t like us for some reason, but that will be balanced out by the good ones we get. As long as they get enough of them to establish a pattern, then it all works out in the wash.

If they just have 5 internal surveys, that means nothing… If 50 people say I’m tough to deal with… That’s a trend and should count against me…

If in private both you and I have a hundred 5 star ratings, and you have 50 “excellent” private ratings and I have 45, I hope they rate you higher in the searches. It makes sense, as long as they get enough data points.

When this stuff is used for ranking purposes, it’s customary for developers to figure out the top 2 to 5% at the top and bottom, and throw those out when looking for trends. That takes out the “crazy person” buyers.

Also when they are looking for the next TRS, it wouldn’t surprise me if they go through those surveys to see if anybody stands out from the crowd in a specific category.

No idea how they are using this, but I was involved in some database projects a decade ago.

Wow…wasn’t aware of this change. I was online today when a customer sent me this message:

MESSAGE FROM BUYER

For the rating, it is asking:

How Can The Seller Improve Their Service

Closely follow requirements

Offer better value for money

Provide included revisions

Be more responsive

Which would you prefer for me to click. I have to choose one, and I feel like none of them apply. You were great!

END OF MESSAGE.

Fiverr is forcing the buyer to choose a negative even if they don’t want to.

Wow…wasn’t aware of this change. I was online today when a customer sent me this message:

MESSAGE FROM BUYER

Be more responsive

Which would you prefer for me to click. I have to choose one, and I feel like none of them apply. You were great!

END OF MESSAGE.

Only the stars are mandatory.

The positive & negative section are optional. Click below for the section above.

Only the stars are mandatory.

The positive & negative section are optional. Click below for the section above.

I told the client he could just skip it but he told me he couldn’t and had to choose something. I guess I’m going to have to make a purchase and check it out for myself.

MESSAGE FROM BUYER

Be more responsive

END OF MESSAGE.

I’m sure most buyers would like more for the money.

It needs to say “optional” above the comment section. I’m sure a lot of buyers think they have no choice but to pick something in each section.

Please report back here anyone who buys something and let us know if this is optional.

28117b84fcef5ef66ec8990b72cc9a3a018ab8e8_1_690x335.jpg

Archived