About the Pro Gigs - No Reason to Worry

writer99025

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Love the car…😎 But the prices are ridiculous. If anyone buys one of those Pro gigs for $500 for 1 article and then buys my article writing gig for $5 for an article, trust me, they will feel cheated by the Pro. I should include this line in my gig description - Why pay $500 when you can get a better article for $5? LOL.

[speaking of cars, I have a car that my dad bought for me when I was 18 and just joined college, you can see that in my article writing gig profile pic. That car turned 18 recently LOL. And still going strong. I won’t buy a new car in a city like Bangalore with such horrible traffic, just one small incident and the value of the car down by 50%. Prefer to use Uber or its Indian version Ola to get around. If I move to the countryside like you have, will buy an SUV]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the car…😎 But the prices are ridiculous. If anyone buys one of those Pro gigs for $500 for 1 article and then buys my article writing gig for $5 for an article, trust me, they will feel cheated by the Pro. I should include this line in my gig description - Why pay $500 when you can get a better article for $5? LOL.

[speaking of cars, I have a car that my dad bought for me when I was 18 and just joined college, you can see that in my article writing gig profile pic. That car turned 18 recently LOL. And still going strong. I won’t buy a new car in a city like Bangalore with such horrible traffic, just one small incident and the value of the car down by 50%. Prefer to use Uber or its Indian version Ola to get around. If I move to the countryside like you have, will buy an SUV]

Love the car…

Thank you! 😇

I should include this line in my gig description - Why pay $500 when you can get a better article for $5? LOL.

I think you should! (joking) 🙂

That car turned 18 recently

Keep it! Even when someday you finally feel the need to buy a new car and not want to take Uber anymore, keep it (for that car is more precious than any other car since it was from your dad)! 🙂

That car turned 18 recently

Keep it! Even when someday you finally feel the need to buy a new car and not want to take Uber anymore, keep it (for that car is more precious than any other car since it was from your dad)! 🙂

LOL…can’t keep it for too long…the government wants to ban cars that are over 15 years old because they are very polluting and add to the carbon footprint…maybe they have already banned and I don’t know…LOL

LOL…can’t keep it for too long…the government wants to ban cars that are over 15 years old because they are very polluting and add to the carbon footprint…maybe they have already banned and I don’t know…LOL

the government wants to ban cars that are over 15 years old because they are very polluting and add to the carbon footprint

That is great! India keeps progressing. I am happy to hear that. 🙂

I don’t think most of us are worried about the market share. If anything we’ll probably get more business because Fiverr will always be known for its low prices and if you see $5 gig next to $1000 gig then there’s no way you will go for the latter.

What really upsets me is that they messed up this vetting process. We have been complaining for years that there are too many scammers here and it would be good if Fiverr started doing some kind of background checks. I’d love to hire a designer with a PRO badge if this gives me a peace of mind that their logos are not stolen.

However, for $1000 I would approach a local agency who will give me a proper legal contract & confirmation that logos are unique. If something does go wrong and there’s a trademark dispute, I wouldn’t rely on a random Fiverr support agent to resolve it.

They should put more effort into weeding out the scammers so that high quality gigs would raise to the surface. Instead they are implementing gimmicks to attract high-end buyers while the platform has glaring issues that could use this attention.

I’ve been saying this for a while, but Fiverr wants to keep their options open and this PRO banner or feature is it; I will admit, doesn’t look bad.

The PRO gigs in the writing category are hilarious. I mean, some people are charging $100s for a single article. The thing is; I have seen their work. I see at least one seller there where I have been asked to rewrite their content because it was shoddy. This system is going to come back and bite Fiverr in the arse. I know exactly what one person is charging hundreds for, and it isn NOT good work.

And guess what? Going to bite us smaller gigs too, because people will think “hey, this work at this price was crap. Going to be even crapper at a cheaper price”

@ryangillam Everything you said makes sense,.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I am just a retired housewife and everything I buy on this platform is not for any business whatsoever, they are all for my personal hobbies and interests.

That’s exactly it: you’re not the target audience for that gig. That gig is for businesses, and it’s a highly successful agency that, outside of Fiverr, charges $30,000 for something like that. And businesses pay that price, because their videos go viral and are a great investment.

These PRO gigs are for businesses with a high enough budget to afford them.

Fiverr Pro is going to promote a lot of reselling…win an order for $500 and outsource to a non-pro seller for $5…edit the work and deliver!!!

Millionaires in the making with this Pro thing…it’s an incredible opportunity for entrepreneurs.

Will buyers suffer from this? most probably.

Will Fiverr get ahead with this? I think it could very well be a bazooka directed in their behinds.

Interesting times ahead for sure.

I am just a retired housewife and everything I buy on this platform is not for any business whatsoever, they are all for my personal hobbies and interests.

That’s exactly it: you’re not the target audience for that gig. That gig is for businesses, and it’s a highly successful agency that, outside of Fiverr, charges $30,000 for something like that. And businesses pay that price, because their videos go viral and are a great investment.

These PRO gigs are for businesses with a high enough budget to afford them.

Yo @catwriter , I know I am not the target for them gigs, that is why I mentioned myself as a housewife. Jeeez. I´m not that stupid. 😒

Yo @catwriter , I know I am not the target for them gigs, that is why I mentioned myself as a housewife. Jeeez. I´m not that stupid. 😒

I’m sorry if I offended you, that’s not how I meant it!

The thing is, I see so many people complaining about PRO gigs and not realizing that they’re meant for completely different target audience (and/or not having a clue about the cost of things outside of Fiverr).

I’m sorry if I offended you, that’s not how I meant it!

The thing is, I see so many people complaining about PRO gigs and not realizing that they’re meant for completely different target audience (and/or not having a clue about the cost of things outside of Fiverr).

that’s not how I meant it!

That´s alright. I believe you. 🙂

Fiverr Pro is going to promote a lot of reselling…win an order for $500 and outsource to a non-pro seller for $5…edit the work and deliver!!!

Millionaires in the making with this Pro thing…it’s an incredible opportunity for entrepreneurs.

Will Fiverr get ahead with this? I think it could very well be a bazooka directed in their behinds.

win an order for $500 and outsource to a non-pro seller for $5…edit the work and deliver!!!

If even before pro gigs that had happened, and it did happen with some sellers, chances are, it would also happen with this new pro gigs thingy. (not complaining, just discussing) 🙂

LOL…true that…

win an order for $500 and outsource to a non-pro seller for $5…edit the work and deliver!!!

If even before pro gigs that had happened, and it did happen with some sellers, chances are, it would also happen with this new pro gigs thingy. (not complaining, just discussing) 🙂

Well if you really see in business terms, that’s also one of the ways how you develop your team. It has happened in past and will keep happening in future…

I think rather than complaining about the Pro feature, we all should apply to become a bro. If there is a pie, let us all have a slice of that pie

I have already applied for the Pro gigs

Enjoy

Excellent!!

Maybe Perfection is not achievable…but if you chase perfection, you can catch Excellence!!

I am a Fiverr PRO seller, and although I am new to the platform, I don’t think existing sellers have any reason to be concerned. A few reasons for this.

1. You guys are the bedrock of what Fiverr is built on - that’s what buyers expect when they come here.
  2. The RPO market almost certainly will not cannibalize the lower cost, standard Fiverr market.
  3. Some clients do want to pay more, there’s a correlation in their mind between price paid and quality. Is my $100 gig five times better than your $20 gig? Almost certainly not, but it targets a buyer’s “Perception of Value”
  4. Fiverr wants to capture more of the freelance marketplace, and providing higher-value services is a big part of that.
  5. This could be a big win for regular sellers, for buyers that are more price sensitive. If they see my $100 gig against your $20 gig, they are likely to check out yours too. If they like what they see, they may well go for the lower price.
  6. All in all, I see this being a win-win-win for PRO sellers, regular sellers, and Fiverr.

I understand there are concerns about placing PRO gigs above regular gigs, but I think that’s a different conversation.

Happy to answer any questions on my experience with Fiverr PRO.

• 1 year later...

On my end, pro gigs are doing more harm than good to those who are skilled. The vetting process for these gigs is ridiculously achievements off Fiverr and how about those who have given their time to Fiverr? That’s wouldn’t have been a problem if they didn’t stamp these gigs on the top of every search. This means, people get to choose from them if they look or feel great without considering the other sellers.

Some pro gigs sell for over $500 for something really simple, however, some sell for as low as $100 too which is the equivalent of some level 2 and level 3 sellers on the platform. How do they deal with that?

I am against the pro gigs.

Archived