My Fiverr balance is -$1,188

psychicbunny

I don’t even know what to do at this point, I have 44 orders pending. I’m basically working with no pay at this point. Should I cancel them all?

From what I’ve seen of other people dealing with negatives, if this isn’t resolvable, you would have to bring your own balance up to a positive, so canceling orders could work against you. You had to restart with this account I think, unless I’m thinking of another person, so you might know better than I do how that works. I don’t know what happens if you closed your account in the negative and tried to start again. What a mess. I’ve seen a few say they got money back, but most end up having all from that buyer reversed and the buyer account is banned.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I’ve seen of other people dealing with negatives, if this isn’t resolvable, you would have to bring your own balance up to a positive, so canceling orders could work against you. You had to restart with this account I think, unless I’m thinking of another person, so you might know better than I do how that works. I don’t know what happens if you closed your account in the negative and tried to start again. What a mess. I’ve seen a few say they got money back, but most end up having all from that buyer reversed and the buyer account is banned.

I FINALLY was able to bring my gigs in the top searches JUST recently. I PRAY Fiverr will give me the credit that the d-bag scammed me out of. Such a lost for words right now.

Customer support said they couldn’t anything? Are they serious???

that is SO messed up. i had a chargeback for about 22.00 once, and cs was able to credit me back, but I’m assuming it was a goodwill credit since the amount was small and I don’t know how this twisted paypal relationship they have works. If you need support from the masses, my voice is here for ya-- this could happen to anyone, and when large quantities of money are being transacted by a single buyer, fiverr MUST have better safeguards in place. this is ridiculous, I’m mad that they can’t do anything. that is unacceptable.

I emailed them screenshots of me completing the person’s gig - would be very grateful if Fiverr did the same for me. It’s extremely unfortunate for me - what kind of sick animal would put a college student 5k in debt at their work? I truly hope karma bites that man’s butt. So disgusted.

I emailed them screenshots of me completing the person’s gig - would be very grateful if Fiverr did the same for me. It’s extremely unfortunate for me - what kind of sick animal would put a college student 5k in debt at their work? I truly hope karma bites that man’s butt. So disgusted.

It is scary. Fiverr needs a method to fight disputes or allow us to fight them. I’ve never seen one for as much money as yours. I don’t know what criteria Fiverr has used in the cases people got funds back. PayPal chargeback problems are the most frightening thing to me about this business model.

This doesn’t seem fair at all, I’m so sorry! I can’t image how you’re feeling right now.
Fiverr should really do something about this - they know it’s happening but they aren’t doing anything to stop it.
They should either implement some kind of notice that the money won’t be returned to the buyer after 14 days/order completion or remove the option to pay through PayPal altogether.
This is an unsolved problem and they just ignore it.

🍀

That´s seriously bad. If the 10$ thing would really make them dispute the chargeback, that would be good already, even if wouldn´t lead to much, at least it would be a sign to not just accept those unjustified chargebacks silently. The less happens in such cases, the more people will try ‘their luck’. Hoping of course the dispute will be successful, and that fiverr hurries up a bit with thinking about other payment methods.

🍀

That´s seriously bad. If the 10$ thing would really make them dispute the chargeback, that would be good already, even if wouldn´t lead to much, at least it would be a sign to not just accept those unjustified chargebacks silently. The less happens in such cases, the more people will try ‘their luck’. Hoping of course the dispute will be successful, and that fiverr hurries up a bit with thinking about other payment methods.

Javier messaged me back and basically told me there is nothing I can do. I am so furious. I am not quitting.

🍀

Why Fiverr can’t get with Paypal and come up with a policy that is fair is beyond me. As it is now, paypal’s TOS trumps Fiverr’s TOS. You would think Fvierr would take more pride in fighting for their members instead of just saying there is nothing they can do.

Maybe you can split the difference with Fiverr, It is worth a shot. Fiverr should take at least half the loss for not standing up for their members against paypal.

Wish you luck

Guest phantompower

I know how stressful this might be. The buyer opened a dispute maybe saying (order never arrived or maybe stated it was an illegal transaction). I read that fiverr simply refunds the buyer then bans the account. They don’t reply to the dispute or try to prove the order was delivered. I faced this problem on November last year from another site. I had sold a full customized workstation for over 5800$ money was deposited in my account and I withdrew. After 1 and half months I got a claim and my account got a negative balance, I sent the dhl tracking clearly showing delivery and signature confirmation, but the case was decided in favor of the buyer, luckily my bank handles this cases better than PayPal so they just restricted PayPal from charging a single cent from my bank account.

Strange that the buyer had just the possibility to create a dispute for complete orders and to get his money back with just one button clicked.

I once got a similar problem : the buyer purchased $1500 worth of gigs several years ago, and one day, I received some emails too. The money was gone. Fiverr told me that it was because the buyer had used a stolen credit card and the bank of the original owner got his money back. That was a terrible nightmare for me too, because I even paid taxes on this money for my company. So I lost the money + the taxes.

There is not really a solution for this, unfortunately. When I contacted Fiverr, they just told me that it was not their fault and they couldn’t do anything.

I really hope that the situation will be different for you. It’s so frustrating and difficult for the moral when these situations happens… These buyers are just nightmares for us, serious sellers here.

i faced same issue 1 time with order worth $150 and got email in just few hours after delivery that buyer used stolen card to purchase your gig.

That’s really horrible. You could close your account, then open a new account with new gigs. Don’t know if Fiverr would let you, because you still have the same paypal as before. Also, doing that removes all your positive reviews, you won’t be able to have packages for $40 and $70 like you do now.

My advice? Stay on Fiverr, if you get 20 orders for $70, that’s $1,400, then you’ll be back in the black. Sometimes it’s OK to work for free just so you can make a lot more money later on.

Besides, you’re a psychic, didn’t you see something evil in that buyer? Or maybe being a psychic isn’t like that.

96 psychic readings from one guy in one months is crazy. Why so many readings? Sometimes you’re better off rejecting orders.

That’s really horrible. You could close your account, then open a new account with new gigs. Don’t know if Fiverr would let you, because you still have the same paypal as before. Also, doing that removes all your positive reviews, you won’t be able to have packages for $40 and $70 like you do now.

My advice? Stay on Fiverr, if you get 20 orders for $70, that’s $1,400, then you’ll be back in the black. Sometimes it’s OK to work for free just so you can make a lot more money later on.

Besides, you’re a psychic, didn’t you see something evil in that buyer? Or maybe being a psychic isn’t like that.

96 psychic readings from one guy in one months is crazy. Why so many readings? Sometimes you’re better off rejecting orders.

Exactly…never do so much work for a single client.

Really? Have you had any experience with this option? Interesting

I haven’t heard that Paypal charges $10 to dispute a chargeback, unless it’s a recent change, but if you had 96 chargebacks that’s $960 you would have to spend. And it’s a gamble that they will side with you.

I recently had similar experience on the buyer side, where seller did not deliver an order and asked for extension which I gave them. Then they stopped responding to my messages. CS wanted to do nothing until I started dispute through Paypal. Interestingly Fiverr restricted my account, account of a buyer who was deceived and did nothing to the deceiving seller. I can’t leave feedback about the seller and the seller continues looking like a trustworthy.

I don’t trust Fiverr anymore. It seems like instead of creating a fair platform for providing services they are too much concentrated on making money.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

This is discussed earlier.

The Paypal claim is between Fiverr and the buyer and not between the seller and the buyer.

Because Fiverr will not risk its Paypal account it will settle with the buyer and just pay them the money back.

The risk of loosing the case over at Paypal could have some nasty consequences for Fiverr (like losing the Paypal account, what would have a domino effect for all sellers and buyers) therefore this risk will not been taken.

I haven’t heard that Paypal charges $10 to dispute a chargeback, unless it’s a recent change, but if you had 96 chargebacks that’s $960 you would have to spend. And it’s a gamble that they will side with you.

OP meant that CS would charge that to the seller in order to dispute the chargeback.

The claim is between the Buyer and Fiverr, The latter will settle as I just explained in my last reaction to this subject.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I don’t see where I mentioned that any Paypal ToS would be violated.

However, I know from experience that Paypal is very keen on its buyers protection program. I once started a dispute against a Chinese vendor on eBay and they settled by paying my money back. Afterwards I had a conversation with the seller where he told me that Paypal would cancel their account if they loose too many claims.

During the time of the dispute both parties have a 45 day window to handle the situation without interference from Paypal. After that a Paypal employee will look into the case and then decide whether or not the seller receives his/her money back. It’s understandable that if they have to do this very often for a certain seller that the seller will feel the consequences.

In my case it was super seller on eBay with 1000’s of transactions. With more than 100 million accounts I do believe that Fiverr is rather a small fish in the tank.

And yes, I do believe that Fiverr should do more when it comes to seller protection as 20% is a big cut that they get for the use of their platform.

Archived