Are You Considering Leaving Fiverr?

musiclover

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
musiclover said: I feel like we're walking on egg shells because buyers have most of the control.

That's it exactly! Way too much stress for way too little payoff. Even the folks who try to do everything just right can get in deep trouble - and then it's almost impossible to even find out why, let alone get it fixed in anything resembling a timely fashion; if it gets fixed at all.

@musiclover

I have had mostly good experiences with CS. I think it all depends on who you get connected with, though. Most CS people I have dealt with now and in the past have been reasonable. I just wish the response time was a little quicker.

I wouldn’t say it’s too “unpredictable” per say. I think it really just depends on what you’re offering. I think the big issue is that a lot of people are a bit too “friendly” with the “spam” button on inbox messages, and leaving bad feedback on things they spent $5 for. I don’t think some of them are making the connection that they’re on an “outsource” equivalent website. I have gotten $200+ for an individual article before(although it’s a hassle dealing with them.), offering them for $5 and hinting at ordering the extra for $10 in my opinion is a bargain. Aka, I don’t think it’s Fiverr’s fault per-say, I think the biggest issue is that there is too big of a volume of buyers/sellers and quite simply it’s hard to keep up.

Whether it’s buyers or customers, they almost always have the control in most circumstances and in most places. That’s kind of an unavoidable thing even if you start your own business, as then you’re still at the mercy of others in 99% of the cases as they can set up a dispute at any point within a reasonable time-frame.

Reply to @freelancemm: I have always had a good experience with CS as well, but they do copy & paste generic responses every now & then. Even as a business owner, I won’t kiss a** for a few bucks. I treat my customers/buyers extremely well, but if they come at me wrong, I don’t have a problem kissing them and their dinero good bye.

Guest sleekdesignca

Customer service just seems to be a complete and utter joke. I have not heard back from them.

What incentive is there to stay? On V1 I could get tons of sales, delivering high quality logos for cheap. On V2, it is (no exaggeration) impossible for me to have my ad noticed.

• 1 year later...

I’m feeling that way too. I originally went on fiverr to brush up my writing skills not pay bills. In the beginning it was cool. I’ve met a lot of great people and I earned some money here and there for small things( ie. a new pair of shoes, lunch, paypal purchases etc.) but now I feel very unappreciated and the way I see it, after 4 years of being on fiverr, I’ve gotten enough “experience”. I feel like the final straw was the fiverr customer support. They really don’t care about the sellers needs. No, instead they take the side of the buyers, when they should actually be having the sellers back since we bring the business. But whatever. I’m feeling just irritated with all the “changes” too. I don’t know if I should just pause my gig, or just bid fiverr adieu.

I think fiverr is doing the updates to stay unique and also to serve

the general welfare of all the members, not only those who have high

levels. Maybe that is why there is a drop in the number of sales even

though the traffic in fiverr is still high. New members now have the

chance to send offer to the buyers that posted on “buyer requests”.

Your offer will not look like a spam message like what it looked in the past.

• 2 months later...

Omg Fiverr is so different now. If you’re not continuously marketing your gigs or getting orders from past buyers, it’s hard to compete with all the new competition. It’s a bit discouraging. It’s hard to be unique because so many people copy your ideas, spam, and use other black hat methods to get orders. It’s sad. Thank goodness I have made some good business connects via Fiverr, which has been a blessing. I make more money off of Fiverr now. 🙂

• 2 years later...

Archived