What's the Ranking Algorithm?

brejay

But about Ghost Ban nobody is talking... It's used by years, and every time somebody want to underline that the Fiverr search results are manipulated to favour a few sellers, the post or thread is hidden.

It's too bad that just a few sellers are writing here, and the others are banned because they are writing the inconvenient truth. This is why this forum has a low activity among a few members.

Please don’t start the conspiracy theory comments again. There are plenty of other forums on the internet where the moderators and users will be delighted to hear baseless accusations against people but this forum is not one of them. The posts that get hidden are those attacking other forum members.

If you are not making enough sales then do something about it yourself rather than blame others, it might actually make things change for you.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank for the TIP man. I guess an old guy with almost 2000 reviews has a lot to learn from a relative new guy, with 390 reviews…

Keep flagging my posts to protect your world, by telling the truth is an attack!

It’s hardly a tip, just common sense. I have seen you post more or less the same thing over and over in the forum for almost a year but it hasn’t helped you as it seems your situation hasn’t changed. If I was doing something that long I would probably decide to change tactic.

If I had flagged your post then it would be hidden, another user flagged it.

Even if I had, what “world” would I be protecting by doing so?

Thank for the TIP man. I guess an old guy with almost 2000 reviews has a lot to learn from a relative new guy, with 390 reviews…

Keep flagging my posts to protect your world, by telling the truth is an attack!

I am sorry to say but to me it seems like you are the one with issues but pointing fingers at everyone else.

If you don’t have anything nice to say then please don’t bother. This forum is a great place with many regular participants. I am sure there are others around who don’t appreciate your negativity.

Forums were created to discuss & fix usually problems. If I (and a few others) know the biggest Fiverr problems, it doesn’t means we have to be silent for the confort of a small number of sellers who comment here in hope to influence the Fiverr algorithms to get more impressions for their gigs.

This forum is growing via empty repeated topics like “TOP 10 tips to boost your sales” and lots of replays like “thanks for sharing”

Nobody is trying to talk about the real problems of getting sales, like the missing of BUMPing feature, Ghost Ban, permanent feature for a few sellers, and a lot of other issues…

ps: it’s the last post from this thread. If you want to leave in a lie and walk in circle, then… success!

Forums were created to discuss & fix usually problems. If I (and a few others) know the biggest Fiverr problems, it doesn’t means we have to be silent for the confort of a small number of sellers who comment here in hope to influence the Fiverr algorithms to get more impressions for their gigs.

This forum is growing via empty repeated topics like “TOP 10 tips to boost your sales” and lots of replays like “thanks for sharing”

Nobody is trying to talk about the real problems of getting sales, like the missing of BUMPing feature, Ghost Ban, permanent feature for a few sellers, and a lot of other issues…

ps: it’s the last post from this thread. If you want to leave in a lie and walk in circle, then… success!

Well bring up your issues to customer support then. Noone here can help you.

• 1 month later...

Only Fiverr knows how the algorithm

“Also, is there a secret to picking good keywords?”

Start by searching on Fiverr and see what comes out. For example, if you’re an accountant you might want to try income taxes, tax help, IRS, accountant, tax prep, or you could get super specific and try 1044. I think the trick is to have a variety of keywords.

So let’s look at your gig:
I will write a post for your travel blog

You could do, travel blog, travel, vacation blog, tourist destination, tourism, travel writer, etc.

For example, “vacation article” only gives me 13 results.

“vacation blog” gives me 5 results.

Or you could try “Las Vegas vacation,” which gives a lot of results.

Do keep in mind that if you do “vanuatu blog,” you will be the only search result if your gig has that keyword. However, Vanuatu is one of those countries most people don’t know about, which means not many people are searching for it. Your goal should be finding something popular that lots of people are searching for but not enough are doing. Find out what are the most popular tourist destination, and start searching them on Fiverr. If too many people are writing about Paris and Berlin, maybe you can do Moscow.

“Also, is there a secret to picking good keywords?”

Start by searching on Fiverr and see what comes out. For example, if you’re an accountant you might want to try income taxes, tax help, IRS, accountant, tax prep, or you could get super specific and try 1044. I think the trick is to have a variety of keywords.

So let’s look at your gig:

I will write a post for your travel blog

You could do, travel blog, travel, vacation blog, tourist destination, tourism, travel writer, etc.

For example, “vacation article” only gives me 13 results.

“vacation blog” gives me 5 results.

Or you could try “Las Vegas vacation,” which gives a lot of results.

Do keep in mind that if you do “vanuatu blog,” you will be the only search result if your gig has that keyword. However, Vanuatu is one of those countries most people don’t know about, which means not many people are searching for it. Your goal should be finding something popular that lots of people are searching for but not enough are doing. Find out what are the most popular tourist destination, and start searching them on Fiverr. If too many people are writing about Paris and Berlin, maybe you can do Moscow.

Is it true? Sounds like You are so sure to tell it 😉

Guest offlinehelpers

I’m wondering if previewing my own gigs affects the views?

Depends how often you view them I suppose - how many times can you want to look at your own gig? 😃

I did read it didn’t have any effect, but don’t ask me where I read it!

Depends how often you view them I suppose - how many times can you want to look at your own gig? 😃

I did read it didn’t have any effect, but don’t ask me where I read it!

Depends how often you view them I suppose - how many times can you want to look at your own gig?

Everytime I make a small change I want to make sure that it’s just right and see what it looks like to a buyer!!! And I make small changes quite often in an attempt to constantly improve.

I recently also noticed something else that seems to affect the rankings - “orders in queue”. Now this is quite surprising, knowing those with lesser “orders in queue” have more time to handle more orders. But the system algorithm seems to rank your gig higher when you have more “orders in queue” than when you have no orders at all. This is just a personal observation, though, might be wrong or right.

I think you’re right.

Everyone, from what I can tell the number of sales made and volume of income is the key for the current ranking algorithm. Saw a picture of a post from customer support saying that last week. So rather than focusing on multiple gigs just focus on 1 - 3 gigs and bring as many orders to them as possible.

Conversion rate depends on number of impressions.
If I have very low impressions, yet have lots of orders comparatively, then I would have a great conversion rate even though the total number of orders is still quite low.

So by this logic then conversion rate could also include repeat clients.
This would artificially boost the conversion rate, unless they somehow calculate only orders that come from a search page in calculating the conversion rate.

Also generally a gig with a higher placement on the page would have a higher conversion rate just by being seen at the top. So a gig in the top row may have the exact same number of impressions as a gig far down on the same page.

Conversion rate is actually calculated from the total views, not impressions.
It seems to me any gig which is in the top two or three rows will automatically have a higher conversion rate unless it is truly awful. And I have seen awful gigs in the top row. One hideous gig, which has stayed on the top row, has had only 7 new reviews in the past year. So based on that I do not think conversion rate has anything to do with gig placement.

Archived