Don't order redundant gig extras

fastcopywriter

I think some buyers struggle understanding packages.

If a package includes X and Y, you don’t need to order X and Y gig extras. Otherwise you’re wasting money, and putting the seller in an uncomfortable situation if he’s ethical and doesn’t want to take advantage of you.

Order the gig extras you need for things not included in the package.

For example, my silver package includes 5 brand names with domains. So you don’t have to order the domain gig extra. Or if you need brand names with a trademark check but no domains, you order bronze then you choose the trademark gig extra.

Or you can message the seller and ask him/her for a custom offer, although I don’t recommend that since some sellers will charge you more when you do.

Best thing you can do is read the entire gig, including the F.A.Q., and place your order.

Guest capitalquality

I agree with pretty much all of your post. I’ve had buyers order extras they don’t need on both the packaged gigs and the non-packaged gigs and if it’s not a gig you can give extra for to compensate it is uncomfortable. You can’t give a partial refund. I have told buyers in some situations that they can have an extra gig for free when they need it.

I don’t agree with this part though: “Or you can message the seller and ask him/her for a custom offer, although I don’t recommend that since some sellers will charge you more when you do.”

I realise you said ‘some’ sellers but in the context it sounds like acceptable practice. I know your personal preference is that buyers just order and don’t contact you but I’d rather buyers contact me if they’re not sure and I’d bet that, like me, most sellers would never inflate the price just because a buyer asked for a custom offer.

@fastcopywriter: I appreciate your honesty. I’ve learned quite a bit by reading your post, as an example, I no longer message sellers to see if they are available.

In this case, I am going to have to disagree with you to a degree. I intentionally get extras whenever I order writing gigs. I leave the seller the following comment: “This is just in case you need to write a little extra. Do not feel you have to, only if you need to. If you don’t use it, consider it an advanced gratuity and feel free to keep it.”

Hey, time is money and it cost me few extra bucks, not a big deal - at least not to me.

@capitalquality: I haven’t done “buyer’s request” in a while but may again soon. When I was doing buyer’s request and put a max budget, say $60.00 - at least 1/3 to 1/2 the bidders matched my max. One or two would be over the max and a rest below. When I clicked the max seller’s gigs, few - key word here being “few” - of them would be selling (the identical product that I wanted) for much less, like $25 or $35 on their page but bid $60. I found that to be rather interesting.

My experience is that you are correct, most of the seller’s bid the price of their gig page, other’s would include a little extra, some slightly below.

Guest capitalquality

I can see that some sellers would be tempted to bid what the buyer thinks the gig is worth given the hourly rate is generally lower than minimum wage for most sellers. I don’t use the buyer request feature but I have noticed that when buyers approach me directly for a custom offer they’re reluctant to say what their budget is even though this would help me work out if there is a solution that fits what they’d like to spend. I’m assuming they think if they name a budget I might quote ‘up’ to meet the budget.

Well, if you tell buyers to contact you before ordering, they will probably do it. I just resent that a lot of buyers assume I have the same expectations.

Also, what I don’t like about custom offers is I have to remember prices because Fiverr doesn’t remember them for me. This is why I sometimes charge more when sending a custom offer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived