All Cancellations are Negative

nunotmp

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mentioned this in another thread, but I think there needs to be a way for sellers to accept an order. It doesn’t seem right that we’re not able to select whether or not a customer can purchase from us and we’re not permitted to cancel without penalty. I have had to cancel orders for people who sold illegal/dangerous products that I wasn’t willing to provide services for as well as in instances where customers order the wrong gig, etc.

Long thread. Yes this is very unfair. I just commented through the feedback on New Fiver about the “cancellation average” which I feel is in line with this. It’s very deceiving for potential buyers to see for example “20%” cancellation on a gig when what the cancellations are most likely from buyers error of purchasing the wrong gig or not paying attention to the description and having to cancel. Very unfair to the sellers and this should be deleted, imo.

I really don’t understand how or why fiverr would handle their sellers this way. Hopefully someone on that end (possible a past seller) will begin to relate to us, hopefully 🙂

I am livid over this policy. I have had 4 cancelations on my current gigs offered.

EVERY SINGLE ONE was due to someone spam ordering me to do work (SURVEYS) I don’t offer that. And wanting express without paying for it.

Now, even though I work hard to deliver quality work - my rating is at 17% cancelation and it looks bad on me. I am new here, I try my best to get every order done as fast as I can - but like some I work a day job, freelance AND fiver.

I don’t think we should be penalized for people not respecting guidelines (spamming people to do things not advertised) and delivery times.

If it falls into mutual or forced (the last one was mutual - the previous 3 I had customer service cancel) then it shouldn’t count towards cancelation %

My two bits.

http://fiverr.com/christineleader/make-a-pencil-sketch-portrait

http://fiverr.com/christineleader/draw-you-a-cartoon-in-my-style

Yeah I have over 80 orders and haven’t got level 2 yet. Think its a combination of afew cancellations and the 2 month timeline. I’m not as pushed about it anymore, considering how easily it is to lose the levels and have no levels. I hadn’t come across the Analytics/cancellations percentage on V2, that’s handy.

In my case, i got 9 cancellation. 5 due to customer’s mistaken order from me twice.1 because he request something that I didn’t offer in my gig, twice seems like he didn’t like the result (although I knew he try to cheat to get himself free gig), 1 because he promote explicit content that I already wrote down in my description that I wont deal with anything like that. I think Fiverr should do something to protect sellers right…

this is not fair… i worked so hard to reach lvl 1 and now i can lost it because of cancellations. i never canceled a order, all was cancelled by buyers…

today i got a new one .

"I am sorry i have made a mistake in ordering this gig. If possible i would like to cancel. Thanks for your help and understanding. Regards, Scott"

FIVERR, PLEASE !

Guest itsyourthing
dukanu said: "I am sorry i have made a mistake in ordering this gig. If possible i would like to cancel. Thanks for your help and understanding. Regards, Scott"

I know people used to complain about it being easy to accidentally order a gig - hopefully that won't happen in V2, but that still won't stop competition from trying to ruin another seller's reputation with false orders. :(

Since gaining my badge back I have had 2 cancellations(buyer error) and one buyer messages me and asked me for a quote I quoted him $100 he orders a single gig a basically ask me to complete half the site, I told him I stand by my quote of $100 and guess what? No response in 2 days and the gig is now “late”. The gig will be eligable to cancel in a few hours so I will most likely suffer a thumbs down for “failed to deliver” and a negative cancellation. pffft.

Archived