All Cancellations are Negative

nunotmp

I am a bit frustrated after being stripped of my level 2 badge today. After a few email to customer support comes to find out all canceled orders leave a negative mark. I just cancelled 6+ orders that had been sitting in my queue, some almost a year old and this is what caused me to drop from a level 2 seller to level 0 despite having sold over 50 gigs in the past 30 days.

I just wanted to know what some of your thoughts are on this matter?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gamersuscentral

That scary. They need to fix that. It shouldn’t be the sellers falt if the buyer never responds.

Reply to @nunotmp: That’s messed up. If that’s the case, Fiverr CS are some bold-faced liars. I also had 10 “incomplete” orders that’s been sitting there. Before I cancelling, I emailed CS and verified that it was okay to cancel them. I don’t know why you were stripped though. That’s messed up. Fiverr is going downhill in my opinion.

why not contact them again instead of complaining and blaming them?

I am not sure all of you realise, but the CS are just a team and they are having 2milion gigs to review and thousands of buyers and sellers to take care of.

EVERY single time i had an issue , I have always been happy with their assistance, so perhaps you can try and contact them again?

Cheers

Chris

I blame no one, I am simply showing how the cancellation system is flawed. I have been in contact with CS for over 24 hour and have received 3 replies. This post was not to question Fiverr’s customer support(which is awesome), I am simply asking for opinions on the matter. If this never effects you then good for you but if you go from being a level 2 seller with over 500 gigs sold to being level 0 with no extras I am sure you too would be frustrated.

I appreciate your reply but your tone was not needed.

That’s messed up. Sometimes my comp breaksdown and I had to cancel orders. It’s just not right that they don’t give any kind of warning. For some reason, they treat sellers like they are just doing this as a hobby that can be taken away anytime which can be devastating to sellers making a full time living.

I agree. I am surprised that mutual cancellations gives you a negative strike. I mean if you and I agree this gig is not fit for us to do business should I get punished? I don’t think I should.

I also have quite a bit of cancellations when the buyer simply changes his/her mind. So our option is not allow the seller to cancel and possibly having that buyer leave negative feedback or give theme the cancellation/refund and still have a negative mark on our account. It seems like a lose lose for the seller.

Join the Club! 😦

After 2 years and over 300 sales my hard earned 2 star rating was also dropped to nil.

I requested a cancellation for 3 incomplete orders sitting there for over a year yesterday and lost my rating today.

I did contact CS about them last year, but they could not help and just advised me to keep trying to contact the buyer. Which I did to no effect.

I am waiting for CS (who have always been great) to make a final decision to see if my rating can be reinstated, as 99% of my cancellations are due to buyers not being able to supply the information required for me to proceed with the gig or some even ordering my gig by mistake.

As I have explained to CS, I have nothing to hide and this can all be verified by them taking a closer look at my cancellation messages on their servers.

Fiverr V.1 was so much kinder and fairer.

If you are cancelling an order that is in the incomplete status this will have no effect on your ratings.

1) Now you can cancel incomplete orders that are waiting for requirements with just a click.

No more waiting for support to cancel them for you. When your order is pending requirements for more than 7 days, you'll be prompted with the option to cancel it.

You'll get the option for mutual cancellation and Force cancel as usual. In this case only, both cancel options will have no effect on your gig rating, seller rating or cancellation percentage.
(If the order moves to "In progress" or any later status we get back to the old rules.)

We hope that this will make it easier for you to get rid of those pesky incompletes!

Read more: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/8926/good-news-sellers/p1

Reply to @design2thrive: The reason I wanted to cancel the order is because it reflects on your revenues.

My revenue tab was telling me I had say $400 upcoming but I actually only had $300 and $100 was from incomplete gigs. Its not a big deal but I wanted to get rid of the false income.

Archived