How to Avoid Negative Reviews, Late Deliveries & Canceled Orders [ARCHIVED]

Guest ormexpertonline

Guest ormexpertonline

Although this might seem like common sense, you need to avoid negative reviews, late deliveries, and canceled orders. Each of these scenarios may result in a penalty to your rank in the search results on Fiverr, as well as your seller level.

Avoid negative reviews by clearly communicating with your buyer, asking questions before completing the work, and stressing the importance of a 5-star review at the time of delivery. Try to deliver more than your gig advertised, if possible.

Avoid late deliveries by setting a realistic completion time in each new gig you create. For instance, I generally never set a gig completion time below four days. That way, I could plan to clear out my queue of Fiverr gigs every Monday and Thursday. Fiverr gigs just became a regular part of my schedule.

Avoid canceled orders by clearly explaining your gig with a video introduction, in the text description, and the title. And be accommodating with all buyers, even though they may not always be so accommodating with you.

After all, if you want to make more money on Fiverr, your reputation as a dependable seller will go a long way.

Thanks for your tips, I mostly agree. Although, I don’t think you should tell your buyers to leave a 5 stars review. You should do your best, like you said, and maybe politely ask them to leave a feedback, but not saying specifically “5 stars review”. That’s what I think and do and for now, that what works best for me.

How do we prevent fake feedback sellers ?

I am a member of some major black-hat forums and i know that there are lots of members here who either buy fake feedback for their gigs to boost rating and reputation, or worse, i know there are people on those forums who sell fake bad feedback to damage other Fiverrs reputation and eliminate competition.

How do we avoid that ?

In the hope to fight this problem i have opened a thread with a recommendation here http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/filter-to-prevent-fake-buyers-and-fake-feedback-sellers/

Please post your ideas and opinions and hopefully Fiverr staff will take it in consideration and help us save time and push bad people out of Fiverr.

Thank you!

All good points.
I learned something new about revisions from Fiverr support the other week when my ‘Delivered on Time’ stats all of a sudden dropped from 100% to 94%… when I had never delivered any gig late.
I contacted fiverr support to find out what was going on and they said the number of revisions you ‘redeliver’ to the buyer count in your stats over time.Which is interesting when some sellers offers unlimited revisions…sellers be aware of this!!!

This rather difficult buyer kept saying he couldn’t hear any audio on his video and kept asking me to redeliver… which I did 5 times… all seemed to all be Ok on the 5th attempt ( after he finally downloaded the VLC player as I recommended!)

All those re-deliveries plus the numerous ridiculous revisions he asked for added up to me losing those 100% stats, even though as I mentioned earlier, no gig has ever been delivered late!
The other interesting thing I found out was the number of revisions you put in the offer/gig doesn’t seem to mean anything. I had mine set to 5 for this buyer but we went to about 12 in the end with all the re-deliveries and nothing seemed to change
Does anyone know what is supposed to happen if you go over the offered number of revisions?

According to fiverr support, those ‘delivered on time’ stats don’t count against you… but I have my doubts.

I don’t know about the delivered on time stats, but as for revisions – nothing stops a buyer from REQUESTING a revision. Pricing your revisions (or limiting how many you offer) on your gig is just setting the stage. You must enforce it, not Fiverr.

So if you don’t offer revisions and someone requests one, then just send a gig extra (from the order page) so they can pay for one. I don’t offer any free revisions in my gigs and people request revisions anyway. I can choose to do it or not.

As for delivery on time – I’ve never had that issue, even with revised deliveries. Sometimes Fiverr stats go wonky without reason.

I am a buyer. I have met sellers who are taking advantage of the ignorance by buyers. One level 2 seller cancelled the order and requested me to accept the cancellation just 7 hours before complettion. Reason is just “not available”. I cant leave a negative comment becaues he cancelled the order. Another level 2 seller hurriedly did some work and update the job as completed just to meet the deadline he has agreed, then ask me for revision. how do you do a revision for a job that is barely 10% done? And if it is only 10% done, the actual completion date will be even later. That affected our project deadline. The Fiverr system is flawed. Many sellers are not professional.

While there are certainly ways to purchase reviews, there are a few points to keep in mind.

1.) It’s already against the Fiverr ToS and if a seller is caught, they are banned.
2.) See #1 and if you have proof that someone has done this, report it to Customer Support so they will ban the offender.
3.) Purchasing fake bad reviews to mess up a competitor sounds bad, but it sounds a lot worse than it actually is. There are level 2 and TRS with thousands of good reviews, so it would take hundreds of bad ones to bring them down. Most of them already have some 1 star reviews because of unavoidable emergencies that may make them late or just mean buyers who aren’t fake. Because their ratio of positives is so high, it doesn’t hurt them much at all.
4.) Because of #3, there are only 2 ways to damage a seller much by purchasing bad fake reviews.
A.) You could spend thousands of dollars to buy enough fake reviews to take down a highly rated seller and that seller would also earn $4 profit from all the money you spend so you’d be giving them a huge financial benefit as you tried to hurt them, while costing yourself a great deal of money. Who can really do that and why would they just to damage a single seller at a time? Plus, if you got caught you’d lose your money, your own account, and the seller you tried to hurt would be restored and get to keep their profit.
B.) You could easily spend just a little money to seriously damage a new seller with less than 25 reviews. That seller would also receive profit from every one of those. The seller could have Fiverr close their account and open a new account and start over. To repeat this you’d have to find them and spend more money (giving them profit again.) As in point A - this has no real purpose except to waste your money, benefit the competition financially, etc.

So, that said, the purchase of fake reviews to build up a seller account does happen sometimes and the way to fight it is to report it if you see it and to build up your own account. The fakers cannot fake having real skill, so sooner or later they will either fail or stop bothering to buy reviews. You combat them by getting reviews honesty with real skill and not spending your profit on fake reviews that you won’t need anyway.

The purchase of fake reviews to hurt someone is primarily a myth except in very small numbers since it profits the target and does not profit the person trying to do the sabotage.

I’ll check out your other thread and see if it is fit for wherever you posted it but I’ll probably add this reply there so people are not needlessly worried.

I think you have good points and questions here. My late delivery rating also plunged for no particular reason and CS just told me that I should wait and they would go back up. It is interesting what you were told, since that time for me I did have 2 buyers that ended up with multiple “re-deliveries” due to requests for me to keep sending documents in a different format. (One of them got their first delivery as an .rtf, then they wanted .docx, then .doc, then .txt, then .pdf and finally they asked me for a Mac format that I couldn’t provide so I got a friend to convert it and re-sent that one. It was no real problem but perhaps that explains something!

I do think that the late percentage has an effect on you. I’ve seen the little “hints” dropped when you approach a deadline as well as quotes from people who were told they could lose search rankings or even lose levels with high numbers of late deliveries. I have seen my own rankings go up and down and I believe that is one of the factors involved. I’m saying this based on my opinion as a seller. My admin tag has nothing to do with this opinion since the tag is only for forum administration.

I can confirm that the revision number is only there for tracking purposes. Perhaps someday it will be used to actually prevent more modification button presses, but right now it doesn’t do anything at all. It didn’t exist at all until packages (I think) and I suppose it was introduced to get buyers and sellers used to the idea of enforced revision numbers and revisions having a monetary value. It’s currently up to the seller to state that they’ve reached or gone over the revision limit. I personally enforce it if the buyer is asking for something time-extensive but it it’s easy and I have extra time, I give extra revisions. I probably won’t stop doing that, but I might start asking them not to press the button past the number of revisions included in the gig!

Guest friendlyjulie

Good points you have there. But most times, it’s inevitable not to cancel. For instance, I have a buyer that ordered my gig, and asked for more than I offer for basic gig. I sent him gig extra, I ignore it. I asked him to cancel, he still didn’t. And now deliver time is running out. To make matter worse, fiverr has made it difficult for sellers to cancel order.

Well every seller will have a different situation based on the type of service offerings.I’d share few tips which can help you avoid negative reviews and late delivery and canceled order.

• Set delivery time more than your actual turn-around time to avoid late deliveries
  • Offer more than what you have in your gig’s (In my case I design a ring in CAD but provide one Realistic Render image as complimentary)
  • Customer Support even after sales (Don’t forgot that the best customer support/service will be your returning customer)
  • Strive for excellence in terms of quality of work, Customer Support, Turn-Around Time, Clear Communication
  • Competitive Pricing as its a micro marketplace and often the gigs order rate increase due to best offering in less price.
  • Emphasize your customer on rating system in Fiverr.
  • Be sure to be prompt and eager to always answer you customer FAQ’s (I know its not possible people with different time zone, but if you can manage these it will surely help you retain new customers)

I hope this piece of information/ tips can help you avoid those issues.

Have a good day!

of a truth, I agree with your last statement, but in the other hands buyers are also facing the consequence. most fiverr ’ buyers always want cheap things for quality service.
imagine when a buyers is requesting me to a website for him @ $10 ah ah. how on earth is this possible :ok_woman:.
To sellers : please let us be professional in our fields, stop spoiling good sellers name. I wish fiverr can always do screening for sellers and serious buyers.

• 7 months later...

How do we prevent fake feedback sellers ?

I am a member of some major black-hat forums and i know that there are lots of members here who either buy fake feedback for their gigs to boost rating and reputation, or worse, i know there are people on those forums who sell fake bad feedback to damage other Fiverrs reputation and eliminate competition.

How do we avoid that ?

In the hope to fight this problem i have opened a thread with a recommendation here http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/filter-to-prevent-fake-buyers-and-fake-feedback-sellers/

Please post your ideas and opinions and hopefully Fiverr staff will take it in consideration and help us save time and push bad people out of Fiverr.

Thank you!

That’s a pretty good idea you got there. Would definitely look into it.

Many thanks

Archived