Friendly or professional ? How should we be, with our buyers?

deepanshujbedi

Friendly is NOT the opposite of professional. I have a professional and friendly relationship with my biggest $$$-earners. We even share private information to a certain degree. If it’s a person I wouldn’t drink a beer with, I certainly wouldn’t work for her on a Sunday night.

Just this week I had a buyer who I had a very friendly connection with here on Fiverr, but at the end of the deal we both weren’t sure if we were the perfect match for the job. I didn’t hesitate to cancel the order of nearly $200,- bucks and told him to just keep the work I’ve done so far, even though he didn’t ask for it. No hard feelings whatsoever. Just going on with our life’s.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, be you. Most business persons just act like ‘business persons’ anyway.

I remember that guy who invited me to a job interview and made me travel, just to tell me that I don’t got the job.
He was mimicking ‘Harveys Spector’s’ hand gesture, telling me “we are here and you are here”.
I replied: "So you watched all seasons of Suites and couldn’t wait to mimic your favorite character of a TV-show? I should kick your teeth out of your fucking skull.

He wouldn’t compensate me for my travel expenses, even though I didn’t beat him up.

Well, so buyer they can’t bare the “extra work” cuz they just basically think it’s too much and they will be owe you, and they can’t do it, so they keep it really away ,
So my advice unless you know the person “buyer " I don’t recommend to give extra thinks” , Yes! You should be very friendly, if he ask for extra gig u can give it as free
But agin if it the first time with buyer, u should be so friendly, don’t give extra things till he ask u for it …
Gooo luck

Guest akshaysihag

Yeah, it totally depends upon buyers, first get to know your buyer and then talk accordingly. Some are very good buyers which leave you a tip, some just want the job done really quick. Some are very patient and cooperative.

I think you should firstly be very professional, and then, according to how they respond, what language they use, you can use a combination of professionalism and friendly tone while discussing with them. What I do a lot is leave a ‘’ 🙂 ‘’ at the end of what I write, and usually after I thank them. You shouldn’t be too sober, but definitely not talk to a buyer as if he’s your best friend. At the end of the day, professionalism will win since it’s business we’re talking about.

Guest webexpert1313

We are a business person and we are doing work for earning.
We need to maintain our professionalism. Also we need to maintain friendly environment. Thanks

Archived