Gig Seller Knowlege Test

creativitylabs

I think the last thing Fiverr wants is another obstacle in between them and making money. That’s definitely the last thing I want, too. Prices are already so cheap here, if a buyer spends $5 and discovers that the seller is a fraud, even if they don’t get a refund (and let’s all be honest, it is really, really easy for a buyer to get a refund, even if the seller does amazing work and delivers exactly what they promised), it’s not /that/ big of a deal.

They get their money back, and move on to another seller, hopefully, this time, with a little bit of buyer wariness and willingness to actually read the gig page and reviews. The market sorts itself out. What good is it going to do to introduce a test that can be easily cheated/gamed and is going to be expensive and difficult to customize to be relevant for sellers? Is it going to increase profits? Probably not. So why would Fiverr do it? They’ve been pretty clear that they’re just the platform and sellers are responsible for the content/quality of their own gigs. Why would they start trying to police that now?

I think fastcopywriter hit the nail on the head - a test is not really going to be able to measure the factors that are most important in most categories. Sure, a programmer could take a test to prove he knows a certain programming language, but how is a test going to quantify good writing or good design?

Why conducting test when the best test is already from buyer? If badly done job is disputed and canceled, would a buyer try the same seller again?

Seller would also learn from such experience and try to improve on service delivery to meet buyers’ needs, else no sales!

And one more thing, a buyer who come on fiverrr should learn to also take things easy and find the right sellers.

I still think the fiverr model is best as it helps to make sellers become best at what they do, naturally.

Online tests are very inaccurate. For example spelling test, you can google it and have 100% on it. Same goes for any other test. You can always use google for answer.

Another thing, a lot of people who passed grammar test are very bad in english. Even they passed 100% of it. Or they even pay someone to take test for them.

On some other site I had few tests for excel, word, powerpoint, grammar and speeling. All of it I am in top 5% or even in top 1%. And I never got job there. So that doesn’t mean anything at all.

Fiverr is great without any tests. Why Fiverr would be same as other sites. Fiverr is unique. No need to add something because other sites have.

great! Then lets purchase an English writing test from someone who can barely make a decent sentence. Actually I will make an English writing GIG, will you order? It is just $5, you can get refund…And I can use Google translator and dictionary 🙂 It doesn’t really matter that my English is on poor level.

Such as the paid ads currently in beta? That’s hardly a unique new feature that nobody else has. I can see this being introduced at some point in the future anyways, whatever we may think. Smart money would be to make it $$$ too. Why not? Nickle and dime all the way, baby!

Archived