I have received a letter about the survey Fiverr to buy ads

huynhkhoe

Reply to @fonthaunt: Here’s what the email I got says:

Hello Fiverr Sellers!

We are continually looking for ways to improve your experience as Sellers on the Fiverr platform, and we want to pick your brains on a potential new offering to our Seller community. This survey will only take 5 minutes.

We appreciate your feedback so much that if you complete our survey, you’ll be entered in a chance to win $500* cash!

Here is a link to the survey: (removed)

This link is uniquely tied to this survey and your email address. Please do not forward this message.

Thanks for participating!

The Fiverr Team

*Delivered via Paypal. Offer excludes Paypal fees.

It wouldn’t let me see the questions again since I’d already taken it, but I think the questions were something like:

1. Would you be interested in Fiverr offering sellers off-site advertising opportunities? (Yes, No, Maybe)

2. Which off-site advertising venues would you be interested in?

(A bunch of choices including Facebook, AdWords, YouTube, etc.)

3. Would you be interested in paid onsite advertising opportunities?

(Yes, No, Maybe)

4. Do you have any thoughts or suggestions about Fiverr advertising you would like us to know? (text box)

*The actual questions made it a little more clear that they were talking about us paying Fiverr to market our individual gigs, not just advertising in general, but I think that’s the gist of it. Someone else with better short term memory should certainly chime in, too.

I got it too.

They always preach… ‘a fair marketplace’ and now this…

So 4 years of hard work and dedication to the Fiverr brand only to end up being pushed to the wayside because a newbie wants to give money to Fiverr for a primary slot??? No way.

>>>>>Why not REWARD those slots to your top sellers, as they will sell more gigs giving you more money than any advertisement will earn you. <<<<<

I knew as soon as the gig pages were redesigned and they had all of that empty space that they were going to implement something like this. I don’t like it. Advertising gigs within a gig platform is greed and the reason why so many other Fiverr-like sites have not succeeded. So now we have…

-Buyer Fees

-5 star ratings which can be manipulated and where just 4 stars could hurt your sales

-Paid Advertising of Gigs within Fiverr

-Favoritism

Seems like a fair marketplace to me… lol.

The funny thing is they don’t even have all of their subcats maximized. They have poor selling gigs ‘fixed’ on the top of so many subcats that NEVER get sales. They need to worry about getting the most out of their current slots that aren’t being maximized for revenue generation. Just look at the Online Marketing - Social Marketing subcat. The second gig there is a fixed position and doesn’t change and the seller gets like one sale a week!!! That slot could be rotated with several gigs and get thousands of orders a week but they haven’t even went that far yet. I can go through nearly ALL of the subcats and see ‘fixed position’ gigs that don’t move, and that DON’T SELL. While I’m over here fighting and grinding everyday with a great gig that sells 3-5 per day and with that slot would have 15-20 orders DAILY.

This is a JUMP SHIP type of implementation, not a BUILDING A GIANT move. There are still so many improvements that could be made to maximize revenue but it seems they don’t dig into their site often enough to see it. Then when I suggest placing a more effective gig in that slot, whether it be mine or another, they talk about ‘fair marketplace’ in an automated message… I’M TRYING TO HELP YOU MAKE MONEY FIVERR! 🙂 So until they can get the rest of the bugs worked out and maximize the revenue they have right in front of them, then this should be years down the road. (The ‘Recent Delivery’ indication is still inaccurate, when you add extras sometimes it adds quantity to the basic gig, the thumbnails are still all screwed up, and the list can go on and on…)

DTong (TRS)

Archived