The benefits of mutual cancellations on your business relationships

natalieab

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I have had cancellations they have nearly always been requested by the buyer within a few minutes of ordering and simply because they have changed their mind about the order or have realised that they have ordered the wrong gig for what they wanted doing. Perhaps there could be a couple of hours cooling off period where new orders are left in a pending state and the buyers can change their minds and cancel without needing mutual agreement or affecting the seller at all.

Hay everyone can anyone help me

I have join fiverr ago a month i joined as a saller not for buyer

because i cant buy any services.I delivered just 3 order $8 balanced have cleared and $4 pending i was waiting to become rich $20 for get cash but i have sent one order by my mistake and i have now $3. Therefore i am not a rich man.I joined fiverr for earning but my badluck.please do something if you can if possible

please tell what should i do now

Now I am confused because my cancellations were not handled in the manner described above, and it appears that my 3 cancellations were not handled per the description by an administrator above.

1. In one instance, the Buyer and I as a Seller disagreed about the task and he cancelled, and I accepted, making it, I assume, a mutual cancellation.

2. I have a warning on each one of my gigs asking the Buyer not to prematurely order a gig before we have an opportunity to to discuss the parameters, whether I can perform the task and deliver the service, and agree on price. Once a lady expected me to go through something like 80 or 90 pages and reduce them to 2 for $5, despite my page limitation on my gig. We exchanged messages, she cancelled, I agree to make it mutual. There was no acrimony or harsh feelings whatsoever.

3. On the 3rd cancellation, I just happened to see someone in the middle of processing an order. The order was never finalized, and there was a note indicating that Fiverr was awaiting the receipt of more info. I sent them a message indicating that they had not contacted me ahead of time before placing an order as I requested, and then it turned out that I was too busy and could not perform the job anyway. That potential Buyer cancelled, and I made it mutual.

4. Early on, these 3 cancellations appeared on my Statistics Page and amazingly, the percentage of cancelled orders has not changed despite the fact that my completed orders have risen significantly without an further cancellations.

5. In an effort to not be penalized for the last two cancellations which were mutual, I contacted customer service and asked them to research and help me. Nothing changed. I got the impression that it was MY MISTAKE to mutually cancel the last two, and that I would have been better off to do nothing and let the Buyer unilaterally cancel.

6. I was effectively told that I could not remove the last two cancellations despite the fact that they were not my fault, and nothing negative happened in the relationship. However, the end result is that I’ve only had 3 cancellations out of 62 orders created, and it still reflects that 4% of my orders have cancelled. It was 4% back when I had 38 or 40 orders created. It will be interesting to see whether I continue to be haunted by these last two mutual cancellations.

Reply to @thelogistician: after going literally through hundreds of mutual cancellations due to buyers’ mistakes (too many orders by mistake, orders only to spy on what I do and then cancel, orders that asked way too much for 5, etc.), I’ve realized the following points:

1. over 80% of buyers do ~not~ read your gigs’ descriptions, probably because they appear to low on the gig page; even though I’ve put a big bold yellow text saying to message me first before ordering, they keep ordering, and that’s a hard proof that gig descriptions almost never get read, because I’m having a hard time believing that people don’t know how to read 😉

2. all cancellations, good or bad, mutual or non-mutual, are ultimately your fault, even if it’s actually the buyers’ fault, because ~the cancellation count increases no matter what~, which implicitly makes all cancellations be your fault

Sellers always tried explaining the Fiverr tech people that (2) is not fair, that we should not be held responsible for all those cancellations that are clearly not our faults, and yet after years of people complaining and talking about it on the forums, the system never changed - we still get hit by increased cancellations even if over 70-80% of them are buyers’ fault! :((

The conclusion: keep doing what you do, and hope for things to not get ugly (optionally, thank your buyers for cancelling the orders 😛 just kidding on this one, I guess…)

• 2 weeks later...

Reply to @graphixgoddess: I have to say that I agree completely. A buyer has just done the same to me. The gig clearly states the turnaround time. Yet the buyer orders the gig, then asks me what the turnaround time is. After I explained the ETA and the reasons why, the buyer goes straight to Fiverr Support and effects an automatic cancellation, after leaving me a snarky message. No discussion, no mutual cancellation opportunity. None of which is my fault, because the gig clearly states everything. It would be unfair if cancellations such as those are made to affect my rating…

• 2 weeks later...

I have this service provider who promised to submit to video sharing sites and send the report.I checked with him before placing the order.

When the order was placed, he did not respond to my messages and after few days he turns up and says he had some personal issues and hence could not reply messages and also asked for extension time to complete the order which I obliged.

I started messaging him for the update which he chose to ignore and after 24 hrs he came back saying the order will be completed within 1 hour but after 1 hour he sends me a mutual cancellation message!!!

Now if I agree that I will not be able to post any negative review but if i ignore the order will be cancelled automatically!!

What do i do?

Reply to @solidgoldextra: you probably wouldn’t want to believe this, but I had many fake buyers who ordered just to cancel and increase my cancellation counter, and all because they were either envious or wanted to put my gig down 😦 I take care of my family using the money I make here, for God’s sake, and these people want to ruin me? What have I done wrong to them to deserve such meanness? 😦

• 3 weeks later...

I had an order I was unable to deliver. It was a photo and my editing program crashed. I could not complete it the way he wanted with my other current editing program. I am still very new, so unsure where to go. I contacted the buyer and explained to him the situation. I feel terrible about it. I did not ‘deliver the order’ as I could not finish. When does fiverr send his money back? I have been browsing the forums and went to the resolution center to contact Support, but it took me back to my sales page? What should I do, other than contacting the buyer. I feel sick about this and the fact that was my first order was not good either

• 4 weeks later...

I never even saw the option of force cancelling an order. I currently have a problem with a client who demands more than my order is about (i.e. I will write ONE article with a max. of 500 words and he wants me to write TWO articles with at least 300 words each, i.e. 600+ words per gig). I wanted to cancel all his orders because also comes across as quite bossy and also has some other unrealistic demands. However, he refused to cancel the orders.

Am I now forced to actually write for him? Is there no way to actually put a buyer on some sort of blacklist, i.e. that you do not want to receive orders from him or her? Is there no way for sellers to protect themselves against receiving orders from someone they simply do not want to work for? If that is the case, then fiverr is probably not the right place for me though I hate to leave my good customers behind.

Fiverr used to be a great site, now they have everyones money rolling in it sharp changes the rules and makes it harder to get your money back, I have been trying for almost 2 weeks and I get no answer or nothing back for an item I did not want. I wont be using this rubbish site any more

• 3 weeks later...

I am a bit concerned as a buyer, I ordered a gig that I cancelled after realizing that I was wrong with the order. Unfortunately the seller got a bad comment as I cancelled the order, in that case it’s not fair and I did not know about mutual cancellation. What can I do so the seller does not have this bad comment?

Reply to @wairuanor: there’s no such system to prevent specific buyers from ordering your gig - if that feature would have existed, Fiverr would probably have been a much safer environment; the thing is that buyers seem to be more important than sellers around here, so we just need to keep our mouths shut and take in whatever our buyers throw at us…

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

I have an issue where the seller has submitted a gig and has provided insufficient information for me to complete it. She is not replying to my messages and I am worried she will reply too close to the deadline. I have many orders to get through and would have completed her order by now. What would be your advice please? Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just want to know one important thing which I am intending to do today. One of my buyers gave me rating 4 out 5 yesterday thus my positive ranking goes down to 96%.

Now my question is if I cancel the order(Either forcefully or mutually), buyer will get his amount back but will my rating as well as the comment which this buyer provided also be vanished too?

Experts please help me answering the question.

Fiverr want to protect sellers as buyer, we working hardly and headlining biggest deals,very hardly come to some level,then just unprofessional buyer order and cancel the order so we wasted times, hopes, every things go off i’m an animator,filmmaker i’m hardly working in fiverr , even i don’t sleep twice for a day,when i start to work 8.30am when i stop tomorrow about 2.30am,but now i feel it’s useless, they don’t value our service,if just unprofessional did some fault,every thing go off .FIVERR NEED TO BE EQUITABLE!

• 4 months later...

Archived