The benefits of mutual cancellations on your business relationships

natalieab

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s a shame that the mutual cancellations have an impact on whether I’ll receive a (Level 1) badge or not. This is not fair towards us, the sellers. I have at least 10 successful gigs/positive ratings, no negative ratings and I am a member for (much) more than 30 days. Yet, still no Level 1 badge for me.

Half of my orders had to be (mutually) cancelled just because the buyers wanted something that my gig doesn’t offer. It would be a common sense not to penalize the seller for the buyers’ mistakes.

The title of my gig is understandable enough, but just in case, it’s even well written in the description (and again in the instructions) that: “Notice: I don’t accept orders for Facebook Fan Pages”. And yet, such buyers just order the gig, they only see the “3000+ likes” part, like, who cares if the seller offers only… red apples, I want to buy an iPhone. It’s really frustrating. Few of them did read the Notice in the instructions and they asked me to propose a mutual cancellation along with an apology because they didn’t read/understood the description (nor the title of the gig) properly. And what can I do, I must do it. Many of them do not understand English at all, others are just “playing dumb”.

I am really disappointed to find out that the fiverr’s system is set in such way that I’ll be the one (as a seller) who is responsible for the buyers’ mistakes (and/or ignorance).

Fiverr should change this policy. Right away.

Thank you for reading.

It’s a shame that the mutual cancellations have an impact on whether I’ll receive a (Level 1) badge or not. This is not fair towards us, the sellers. I have at least 10 successful gigs/positive ratings, no negative ratings and I am a member for (much) more than 30 days. Yet, still no Level 1 badge for me.

Half of my orders had to be (mutually) cancelled just because the buyers wanted something that my gig doesn’t offer. It would be a common sense not to penalize the seller for the buyers’ mistakes.

The title of my gig is understandable enough, but just in case, it’s even well written in the description (and again in the instructions) that: “Notice: I don’t accept orders for Facebook Fan Pages”. And yet, such buyers just order the gig, they only see the “3000+ likes” part, like, who cares if the seller offers only… red apples, I want to buy an iPhone. It’s really frustrating. Few of them did read the Notice in the instructions and they asked me to propose a mutual cancellation along with an apology because they didn’t read/understood the description (nor the title of the gig) properly. And what can I do, I must do it. Many of them do not understand English at all, others are just “playing dumb”.

I am really disappointed to find out that the fiverr’s system is set in such way that I’ll be the one (as a seller) who is responsible for the buyers’ mistakes (and/or ignorance).

Thank you for reading.

Thank you for reading.

Thank you for reading.

Thank you for reading.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Reply to @graphixgoddess:

I get this all the time too Graphixgoddess. I figure out right away if the person is going to be a hassle just after a few interactions and i blatantly say the job isn’t going to do itself and if they can find someone else then fantastic. Believe me…most of the time my clients become very nice after that especially if i have a high queue.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

I get this all the time too Graphixgoddess. I figure out right away if the person is going to be a hassle just after a few interactions and i blatantly say the job isn’t going to do itself and if they can find someone else then fantastic. Believe me…most of the time my clients become very nice after that especially if i have a high queue.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

melslirrup said: melslirrup

A few cancellations and you lost your level 2 status? How on Earth is that possible... now I'm confused as to whether the whole levels thing is really automated or depends on rate of work/deliveries/fb etc... I never let any negative issue go when I know I am in the right... so I'd like to know if you could explain more about what you do/how often/how many negatives you've had because I'd love to get a better idea of the inner workings here...

A few cancellations and you lost your level 2 status? How on Earth is that possible... now I'm confused as to whether the whole levels thing is really automated or depends on rate of work/deliveries/fb etc... I never let any negative issue go when I know I am in the right... so I'd like to know if you could explain more about what you do/how often/how many negatives you've had because I'd love to get a better idea of the inner workings here...

Archived