The benefits of mutual cancellations on your business relationships

natalieab

melslirrup said: melslirrup

A few cancellations and you lost your level 2 status? How on Earth is that possible... now I'm confused as to whether the whole levels thing is really automated or depends on rate of work/deliveries/fb etc... I never let any negative issue go when I know I am in the right... so I'd like to know if you could explain more about what you do/how often/how many negatives you've had because I'd love to get a better idea of the inner workings here...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
melslirrup said: melslirrup

A few cancellations and you lost your level 2 status? How on Earth is that possible... now I'm confused as to whether the whole levels thing is really automated or depends on rate of work/deliveries/fb etc... I never let any negative issue go when I know I am in the right... so I'd like to know if you could explain more about what you do/how often/how many negatives you've had because I'd love to get a better idea of the inner workings here...

• 1 month later...

I believe sometimes is neccesary when goals were not met and customer is really upset, or things did not exactly exactly as the person wanted to. Rating wise is better to have a draw than a negative feedback, I had a few with really difficult customers, they bring their own issues 🙂 and I am an engineer not a pyscologist, even when I am a good listener and very open minded, there are certain situations that simply won’t fit in the profile and affect the gig per se. That is when a mutual cancellation is issued.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One thing that I think would help, which I have seen mentioned many times, is a change in the allowed formatting for gig descriptions. Allowing us to better format our gig descriptions (paragraph breaks, ordered / unordered lists, ability to change text color, bold & italic) would help us to differentiate the general description from the terms or rules for the gig. Having the description all blobbed together as it is makes things hard to read clearly. It’s easy to miss a line or 2, and that can certainly cause confusion.

With that said, it would also be nice if Fiverr allowed more than 1200 characters. Still have the limits on excessive use of certain terms to prevent keyword-stuffing, but allow us the space to have a description and also lay out a list of terms or rules for the gig or perhaps a list of what the buyer will receive upon completion.

If Fiverr doesn’t want to make formatting options available or allow us to have longer descriptions, then perhaps they can add some fields to the gig creation process so that we can select from a pre-determined list of terms or rules for our gigs and also write a very short description of the deliverables a buyer can expect upon completion of the base gig and / or base gig + gig extra.

Being able to clearly lay out everything that is relevant to the gig in a way that buyers can easily read and understand might help cut back on those who purchase without having read or understood the full description. And perhaps Fiverr can look at adding an “are you sure you want to purchase this [title of gig] gig?” warning message to the order process. I think receiving a warning message would help weed out those buyers who truly clicked on the order button by accident (and help avoid an unneeded cancellation) from those who are trying to commit some kind of buyer fraud or sabotage toward their competitors.

Reply to @natalieab: Glad to read this thread fm an admin. However, could you provide a ratio about the excessive amount of mutual cancellation. For example, 10 completed gig to 2 mutual cancellation (10:2).

Or is there’s no ration. How about, if i have delivered 28,932 gig but at the same time I have made 1,000 mutual cancellation. Is this also called as an ‘‘excessive amount of mutual cancellation’’?

Thanks 😉

• 4 weeks later...

Wow , my main gig requires people to send me a shirt or product to photograph a model with , however one gentleman sent me the wrong item to shoot so I had to have him cancel the order and reorder when his correct merchandise came in , now I am nervous to cancel an order from a customer

• 5 weeks later...

SO we’ve been lulled into believing that mutual cancellation have no negative effect on us right?

Check out what happened today when a buyer requested a mutual cancellation and I didn’t give it much thought and accepted.

This is the NEW fiverr 2.0 interface.

This is UNACCEPTABLE fiverr!!!

I will tweet your ad or message and link to my 29,000+ real Twitter followers in 24hrs for $5

I’m already been almost 3 years now, I have high positive rating then went down to level 2. I do not have some clear explanation why my level went down to 2. So sad coz I been doing inside fiverr and follow all the terms. Hope fiverr could protect the sellers as buyers are also asking for cancellation not our fault. I read the post here most of buyers do not read gig description only the title and positive feedback from other buyers. I have a high regard with fiverr hope they can change their policy as a win win to both seller and buyer also for them.

• 3 weeks later...

CANCELLATION IS CANCELLATION. WETHER MUTUAL OR NOT. IN CASE OF CANCELLATION, SELLER WILL REMOVE LINKS FROM BUYER SITE RATHER THAN TO REPAIR LINKS, AND MAKE GOOGLE SUSPICIOUS ABOUT BUYER SITE ANY WAY. SO BUYER WILL BE DAMAGED ANYWAY.

Reply to @start786: Err, that’s not going to be the case in every order situation. The majority of orders on Fiverr have nothing to do with backlinks. What about the sellers who provide a written article, or a video intro? They cannot go into a buyer’s computer and get their work back. The buyer can go on to use the work even if they end up getting a refund for the order. Or what about those sellers who actually ship something to their buyers? They certainly can’t get their product back, and even if they could they’d likely have to eat the shipping charge to do so.

A buyer having links removed from their site is just once situation (and not the vast majority in terms of types of gigs on this site), and as is the case with many link building services it isn’t even all that easy to remove links you’ve built. So in most cases, the buyer will come out on top there also.

I don’t think it’s fair to post a seller’s cancellation rate for a gig unless we as seller’s can also see the buyer’s cancellation rate for orders they’ve purchased in the past. It would be helpful to know whether we’re dealing with the kind of buyer who will ask for a refund out of the blue based on their cancellation history. But no, we as sellers don’t get anything like that to help us better understand our buyers. If they’re going to make cancellation a focus (enough to post it on a gig’s order page), then it should go both ways. Otherwise it just isn’t fair, and is one more thing to make our jobs hard than they already are…

• 2 weeks later...

I’m a big fan of this update, however after being linked here by Fiverr Support I’d like to re-raise this issue of people placing “mistake” orders as it seems to be something that is on going and happening more frequently. Since Fiverr V2 came in it should be impossible for this to happen as the “Contact Seller” is no longer right underneath the order button. You also have to click it more than once.

I got in touch with support as I thought an order cancelled by them didn’t affect our cancellation ratio, although it appears any cancellation affects our account health…

However, I will still be putting these “mistake” orders through to support to cancel (as it doesn’t matter who cancels it anyway) so they can look into the buyers account and take necessary action if they are placing these “mistake” orders.

I just think Fiverr should be making us look as good and as professional as we can, concentrating on good feedback, fast communication, quick delivery, anything we have control over. Rate me on those things as much as you like but don’t let other people placing “mistake” orders affect my account, my sales or Fiverr’s profit.

Please let mutual cancellations not affect our account, after all they are MUTUAL aka agreed on both sides. Alternatively remove the cancellation ratio?

Reply to @kymmypops: Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…i love you too katie… Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…Agreed…

Look here Mr. Fiverr;

I am excited about your service. Please note that recently 2 buyers ‘clicked’ on the buy button, and it deducted funds directly from their Paypal account.

They immediately contacted me and asked for a mutual cancellation. They apologized, and said it was an accident. Heck, I understand…this has happened to me too.

Surely, this is an excused cancellation, right? But, no, it now appears this is nothing less than a full-blown, ‘it’s the Sellers fault’ cancellation?

I am disappointed.

now on the other hand, when we say ‘’ contact me first before purchasing’’ or something like that, it gives a negative impression that we are warding off the buyers. since we have lmited number characters allowed to be used on our gig description, you can’t expect us to have a lengthy explanation as to why we want them to contact us first.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This request has not been implemented since the date and written of the top has been falsely implementation of the request and I asked to delete and not delete

1500+ High Quality Real, Active Facebook Likes or Fans to your Facebook Fan Page

1500+ High Quality Real, Active Facebook Likes…

Oct 28, 13 Oct 30, 13 $5

Archived