Holy carp!

Guest tn5rr2012

Reply to @tn5rr2012: I think I’m going to have to order one of your gigs soon! The information I have is all oral history, and very fuzzy as it’s recollections from things I’ve heard when I was a child.

My great-aunt was really into our family history, and had apparently amassed a decent collection of historical material. Unfortunately, when she died, I was too young to have any interest in any of it, and no one seems to know for sure what happened to all of it. I suspect it is (or was) with my grandmother, who’s started down the road with dementia, so it’s hard to say where it may be now.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @tn5rr2012: I think I’m going to have to order one of your gigs soon! The information I have is all oral history, and very fuzzy as it’s recollections from things I’ve heard when I was a child.

My great-aunt was really into our family history, and had apparently amassed a decent collection of historical material. Unfortunately, when she died, I was too young to have any interest in any of it, and no one seems to know for sure what happened to all of it. I suspect it is (or was) with my grandmother, who’s started down the road with dementia, so it’s hard to say where it may be now.

Guest tn5rr2012

Reply to @theironwhale:

theironwhale said: I think I’m going to have to order one of your gigs soon! The information I have is all oral history, and very fuzzy as it’s recollections from things I’ve heard when I was a child

Thank you for your reply to my thread. You would be amazed at what you recollect once I start asking questions. I recently did a family tree for a client and she could not remember her great grandparents but remembered great uncles name, well once I located her great uncles cemetery marker she remembered her great grand parents names, it just sparked something in her memory and then the data and memories came flooding back in. I would love to work with you in the near future.

Guest tn5rr2012

Reply to @theironwhale:

theironwhale said: I think I’m going to have to order one of your gigs soon! The information I have is all oral history, and very fuzzy as it’s recollections from things I’ve heard when I was a child

Thank you for your reply to my thread. You would be amazed at what you recollect once I start asking questions. I recently did a family tree for a client and she could not remember her great grandparents but remembered great uncles name, well once I located her great uncles cemetery marker she remembered her great grand parents names, it just sparked something in her memory and then the data and memories came flooding back in. I would love to work with you in the near future.

Guest tn5rr2012

Reply to @theironwhale:

Guest tn5rr2012

Reply to @theironwhale:

Guest tn5rr2012

Reply to @theironwhale:

• 2 weeks later...

It truly is impressive to see something like that flourish. I know I was interested in my families last name and had purchased from a company something to help track down my family name and crest and it was amazing to see something like that into print. I know one of my aunts was actually Miss Spain at one point and one of my cousins was a big reason for gay rights to pick up because he wanted to marry his partner in Spain. So I guess past that I don’t really have much.

It truly is impressive to see something like that flourish. I know I was interested in my families last name and had purchased from a company something to help track down my family name and crest and it was amazing to see something like that into print. I know one of my aunts was actually Miss Spain at one point and one of my cousins was a big reason for gay rights to pick up because he wanted to marry his partner in Spain. So I guess past that I don’t really have much.

Archived