A few words about backlinks you can by on Fiverr [ARCHIVED]

rambo35

Guest petrosianii

Buying tons of backlinks is a very bad idea for SEO. I explain why in this forum thread:

Be very very careful. You may experience a quick ranking boost but it will be followed by a significant drop, and maybe even an deindexing of your site if Google deems your tactics egregious enough.

See the attached note sent out by Google webspam division to webmasters in Webmaster Tools last year:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cust0mcr3ationz

I am having the hardest time keeping my page rank with my websites. Many of these seo and backlink gigs on Fiverr are decent gigs, but the content is what is lacking. It seems as if they just let the software do the work, provide a write up, end of story. You actually have to make sure the links are indexed or they won’t work. You get what you put in i guess.

• 2 months later...

One more backlink tip! Did not find any information about it on fiverr.

Now all links from Squidoo are “nofollow”…I see many people here buying squidoo lens gigs to get a backlink to their website. Unfortunately, dofollow option is not available anymore. Hence, you will never see a squidoo link for your website in the Google webmaster tool.

One more backlink tip! Did not find any information about it on fiverr.

Now all links from Squidoo are “nofollow”…I see many people here buying squidoo lens gigs to get a backlink to their website. Unfortunately, dofollow option is not available anymore. Hence, you will never see a squidoo link for your website in the Google webmaster tool.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Automated software will be doing that, I’ll not mention the name of here but you will be spammed to death with it. If you’re running wordpress why not enable the Akismit plugin to cut that spam down (You’ll need a free API Key from their site)

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Automated software will be doing that, I’ll not mention the name of here but you will be spammed to death with it. If you’re running wordpress why not enable the Akismit plugin to cut that spam down (You’ll need a free API Key from their site)

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: That was happening to me too on a few of my websites. Now I use a plugin to disable comments for the type of sites I have. But for what you do, you may want to activate the Akismit plugin like Wayne mentioned. I hate spam and I was getting spam notifications everyday.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: That was happening to me too on a few of my websites. Now I use a plugin to disable comments for the type of sites I have. But for what you do, you may want to activate the Akismit plugin like Wayne mentioned. I hate spam and I was getting spam notifications everyday.

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone,I am a professional in backlinks service with five years experience,I make my clients websites to dominate on google first page with 3500 permanent BACKLINKS…I render this service and my clients are always satisfied,the backlinks will be done and manually and submitted to quality backlinks sites, check out my various backlinks gigs on my profile here: http://fiverr.com/Backlinksbest

I bought a few seo gigs and just went based on the positive rating and number sold to support my decision. I really have no clue if the work was good or not. They delivered something. I gave a thumbs up and just hope it did at least $5 of good for my website. I’m sure the sellers are aware of this. I do try to not buy anything that will make my site look bad to google, but I really don’t know that either. Most sellers say their method is good for google panda etc. Wild wild west out there. Thx for the information.

• 5 weeks later...

So I have a new website that I need to start driving traffic. I am new to SEO and all that…never have understood it. Usually make sites, get no traffic…and give up.

So what’s the best way? I need to get more content first but aside from that…any ideas? I was going to use backlinks but I have read a lot saying this is bad actually thus how I found this article.

Hi Newyears1978

Firstly you’ll need to research some keywords and what you want to rank for. Then you’ll need to optimise for those keywords. You can do this by placing the keywords in the meta title and h1 tags.

Buying thousands of links in one go is a very bad idea. Not only now, but even worse in the future. Too many links at once shows up on your backlink profile and alerts google to the fact you are buying links. The biug bad google does not like that.

Linkbuilding needs to be a gradual process over time and it needs to be natural. You can’t believe everything google say, but trust me when I say that buying a load of links in one go is a bad move. I work in SEO full time and have first hand experience what it can do.

If these people have built thousands of links, they should be able to send you an excel document with the links. Or, the will come up on an SEO tool such as SEO Majestic. It’s the people offering to buy a load of links that give SEO a bad name.

Sorry, that’s the end of my rant.

Directly from Google:

"Any links intended to manipulate PageRank or a site’s ranking in Google search results may be considered part of a link scheme and a violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. This includes any behavior that manipulates links to your site or outgoing links from your site.

The following are examples of link schemes which can negatively impact a site’s ranking in search results:

-Buying or selling links that pass PageRank. This includes exchanging money for links, or posts that contain links; exchanging goods or services for links; or sending someone a “free” product in exchange for them writing about it and including a link

-Excessive link exchanges (“Link to me and I’ll link to you”) or partner pages exclusively for the sake of cross-linking

-Large-scale article marketing or guest posting campaigns with keyword-rich anchor text links

-Using automated programs or services to create links to your site

Additionally, creating links that weren’t editorially placed or vouched for by the site’s owner on a page, otherwise known as unnatural links, can be considered a violation of our guidelines.

If you see a site that is participating in link schemes intended to manipulate PageRank, let us know."

Fiverr also has a “violation of third-parties terms” written in their TOS which we all agreed to during sign up. In a nut shell, if you exchange money for by either buying or selling backlinks Fiverr will close down your account.

Googles terms are very clear, and they will punish website owners for the paid links, and their ranking in Google search results plummets, or they will have their blacklisted entirely. If you get away with exchanging moneys for backlinks here at Fiverr, is certainly not worth the risk of having your website rank being burned by the world’s biggest search engine. Anyone can report you for this, not only for the service her on Fiverr but on Google too.

@thepromogirl

what that refers to is from a small part of the Google webmasters guidelines and link building is not illegal.

Mat Cutts gave a very interesting interview a month ago and I am not going to link to it here as the link will get pulled but this was straightforward question that was asked with an equally straightforward answer

"There are people who think link building is illegal now. Is link building illegal?

Matt Cutts:No, link building is not illegal.

Really?

Matt Cutts:It’s funny because there are some types of link building that are illegal, but it’s very clear-cut: hacking blogs, that sort of thing is illegal."

There is in black and white. Simple question with a simple answer.

What is not so simple is where the line is drawn, but what you posted specifically refers to link exchanges and paid links. There is a big difference between paid links and paying someone to do backlinking for you.

link exchanges in the simplest form are where people state if you link to my site I will link to yours. this is a big no-no with Google and has been for years

This

"Large-scale article marketing or guest posting campaigns with keyword-rich anchor text links"

Besides the fact Google hit article marketing with a hammer a long while, firstly with the farmer update and then with the panda updates, there is something specific here Google is referring to. This bit "keyword-rich anchor text links"

Google has updated specific parts of their webmaster guidelines very recently to address this.

Google no longer allows targeted anchor text in articles. By this I mean if you have a site about “how to get big muscles” and you use that in your anchor text, specifically in articles Google will not allow it. What they will allow I am not getting into here but that is what that specific part of the webmaster guidelines is about and this is specifically directed by Google at article marketing.

This also applies to press releases by the way… so if you have been putting out press releases by the sack load using targeted anchor text you are in for a bad time…

This bit here

"Using automated programs or services to create links to your site

Additionally, creating links that weren’t editorially placed or vouched for by the site’s owner on a page, otherwise known as unnatural links, can be considered a violation of our guidelines"

the key part of this is here

"weren’t editorially placed or vouched for by the site’s owner on a page"

This is spamming sites to death with links and there is more to this than meets the eye. You have to read between the lines a bit here, but Google as usual is also referring to something else here indirectly and this is why a lot of people are getting “unatural link pattern warnings " but there is more going on here than what is actually stated and it is not just about the links, but how they are being built and I am not referring to if automated tools are being used or not.

As for using automated programs. If you leave a footprint bigger than bigfoot when building backlinks then you are ( your site ) going to get sent back to the stone age by Google to spend some time with Fred Flinstone until you clean up your backlinks.

This bit here is outdated and an old reference to the part about link exchanges

If you see a site that is participating in link schemes intended to manipulate PageRank, let us know.” …A lot of people do let Google know…usually competitors trying to get rid of the competition and not a week goes by without a company contacting me asking me to look at another companies link structure to see if I can find anything they can be reported to Google for. Every.Single.Week.

This

"If you get away with exchanging moneys for backlinks here at Fiverr, is certainly not worth the risk of having your website rank being burned by the world’s biggest search engine. Anyone can report you for this, not only for the service her on Fiverr but on Google too"

I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding here about backlinks. As Matt cutts clearly stated there is nothing illegal with link building and there is a clear difference between paying someone to doing backlinks for you and paid backlinks. How they do the backlinks though is another story.

• 3 months later...

Archived