How can I get orders on fiverr? What are my mistakes?

ashfaqahmed203

Question

18 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ashfaqahmed203 said:

Thanks for review and reply.

Lots of time I've to changed few things. After some time I'll again change. 

Are you saying display pictures are not good?

Now I have  purchased canva sources.

I have edited experience in 4 years.

I want you to ask yourself this question and reply honestly.

Do YOU think you're a good designer?

Have you studied art? Was graphics design your hobby for a long time? Do you ENJOY creating? 

And perhaps, the biggest question:

If I go into canva and spent 30 minutes, could I recreate what you do with 0 experience in designing? 

Look at your own profile and try to see WHY you might not be what buyers are looking for - and how you could become just that. 

• Like 4
  • Up 7

hello katakatica,

I was not blaming at you. I liked your suggestions. I am appreciating your guidelines. These are very important for me. Someone passed very hard words then I showed my certificates / skills.

My rating was going up. Unfortunately I did few changes in my Gigs, just because of this my Fiverr algorithm left me. And my rating went down badly.

thanks again 

1 hour ago, katakatica said:

I didn't say you were a scammer (a lot of this topic was more in general than about you) - you were however given some good tips.

It's really about showing your best work. 

I can see that you have some certificates - which is great! But I think what you have to do is to SHOW what that allows you to create even more.

Creative fields (despite me mentioning a degree) aren't only about that. 

Maybe there is a way for you to make you images stand out more? 

Try to look around thinking as a buyer. What sort of images would get you interested in sellers?

• Like 2
  • Up 1

19 hours ago, a1_cad said:

I see where you're coming from, and it's awesome that you hold yourself to high standards and push for self-reflection! You're right—asking tough questions can lead to real growth, and I respect that you apply the same to yourself. I think sometimes, delivering that feedback with a bit of encouragement can help it land even better. You've got a great perspective, and combining that with a kind approach could make a huge difference for those just starting. Keep sharing your wisdom!

Thanks bro. 

• Like 2
  • Up 1
  • Support 1

4 minutes ago, ashfaqahmed203 said:

I am a professional graphics designer. I have done so many projects. But unfortunately at my fiverr account I couldn't get any order. Kindly support me and advise me how how can I improve my business. thanks  

Honestly? I'm not quite impressed by your portfolio. I'm no expert - but as an outsider in the field, I would NOT order from you based on what you're showing. 

I think it's important to understand that people can now edit their own photos fairly easily. To be able to SELL that, you need to be really good.

What can YOU do that I can't do with PS or Canva? 

Your logos look OK, but not.. good enough for me to consider them, even for the price. If you're truly a pro, you need to SHOW that. 

PS.: 

You say you have 5 years of experience on your profile, but then you say you have 3 years of experience in your portfolio. 

That might be something that can trip buyers up. 

• Like 6
  • Up 3

21 minutes ago, katakatica said:

I want you to ask yourself this question and reply honestly.

Do YOU think you're a good designer?

Have you studied art? Was graphics design your hobby for a long time? Do you ENJOY creating? 

And perhaps, the biggest question:

If I go into canva and spent 30 minutes, could I recreate what you do with 0 experience in designing? 

Look at your own profile and try to see WHY you might not be what buyers are looking for - and how you could become just that. 

There's no need to degrade someone like that. Remember, karma is a boomerang—if someone commented on your display picture like that, how would you feel? Constructive criticism should be about helping others improve, not putting them down. We all start somewhere, and everyone’s learning journey is different. I understand you're trying to help with constructive feedback, but it's important to deliver it in a positive and respectful manner. Encouragement and helpful advice go a long way in helping fellow sellers grow.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1
  • Support 1
  • Facepalm 2

10 minutes ago, a1_cad said:

There's no need to degrade someone like that. Remember, karma is a boomerang—if someone commented on your display picture like that, how would you feel? Constructive criticism should be about helping others improve, not putting them down. We all start somewhere, and everyone’s learning journey is different. I understand you're trying to help with constructive feedback, but it's important to deliver it in a positive and respectful manner. Encouragement and helpful advice go a long way in helping fellow sellers grow.

I told them what to ask themselves.

Maybe it didn't sound kind to you - but these are literally the same questions I ask myself in the very same manner. (Just related to my niche.)

If someone can't look at their own work and ask if it's good enough before publishing it, they should not be trying to sell it.

Trust me, I have gotten a LOT of criticism over the years - and that only made me tougher.

A lot of people aren't ready to sell on Fiverr and realising it early is more important than you'd think. 

PS: I'm not an artist trying to show my best pictures. I'm a writer. If someone said my gig images look bad, I'd agree with them because they do...

Edited by katakatica
  • Like 6
  • Up 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, katakatica said:

I told them what to ask themselves.

Maybe it didn't sound kind to you - but these are literally the same questions I ask myself in the very same manner. (Just related to my niche.)

If someone can't look at their own work and ask if it's good enough before publishing it, they should not be trying to sell it.

Trust me, I have gotten a LOT of criticism over the years - and that only made me tougher.

A lot of people aren't ready to sell on Fiverr and realising it early is more important than you'd think. 

PS: I'm not an artist trying to show my best pictures. I'm a writer. If someone said my gig images look bad, I'd agree with them because they do...

I see where you're coming from, and it's awesome that you hold yourself to high standards and push for self-reflection! You're right—asking tough questions can lead to real growth, and I respect that you apply the same to yourself. I think sometimes, delivering that feedback with a bit of encouragement can help it land even better. You've got a great perspective, and combining that with a kind approach could make a huge difference for those just starting. Keep sharing your wisdom!

• Like 3
  • Up 1

4 minutes ago, a1_cad said:

I think sometimes, delivering that feedback with a bit of encouragement can help it land even better. 

Dozens of new sellers arrive on the forum every week. They all have almost-similar questions - 99% of them create mediocre gigs, fake their expertise/experience/language skills etc and they all seek quick success on Fiverr. 

It is NOT possible for seasoned sellers to babysit everyone arriving here and show them the path to improve because its an endless and thankless exercise. We try our best to provide answers but literally 100s of new people land here every month expecting readymade-personalized-encouraging answers.

And we don't get paid by Fiverr for providing guidance or advice, in fact mostly we receive brickbats from people for being terse and honest. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Support 2

17 minutes ago, a1_cad said:

You might not know this, but I have ALWAYS been very kind. 

I do my best to help and I have posted many helpful topics. My tone might now be harsh but that's also because one has to be direct to be understood by people who might not understand the language so well.

Do you know how many times people come on here and literally say "tell me tips". OR message me with "give me order?"

How come their politeness isn't policed so hard? 

I'm tough, but that's the only way to survive on here. 

And...

Quite honestly?

People who are starting should already be professionals in their fields OR at least fans of their niches. 

I WANT to provoke them to stand up to me, to show me that their work is better than what I give it credit for.

So far, not many have even tried. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

15 minutes ago, a1_cad said:

combining that with a kind approach could make a huge difference for those just starting.

Yes, that is correct.

Unfortunately, the reputable sellers here on the forum see very quickly which sellers deserve the "soft" approach, and I can assure you that there are very few of them.

A somewhat harder approach (straight to the point/showing the facts) has more effect on the majority of new sellers who shamelessly build a Fiverr profile full of untruths. I just showed everyone on the forum another seller who shamelessly claims to know 10 languages. Why would I give such a person "the kind approach"? I have not helped a single seller who lists untruths on his profile for months. It saves me a lot of time and frustration. People don't listen anyway.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

Sorry some are thinking that I am layer. i am not telling a lie. I have delivered few projects on fiverr and so many outside of fiverr, even some those people who dont know graphics work. I helped them, and delivered their projects successfully. Allah is better know.

I am working on computer since 2004. I can also work on Corel draw. unfortunately this time  i don't have my (University) graphics degree in my laptop. 

I am not a scammer. I just want to get ideas and experts opinions .

ashfaq2.jpg

ashfaq13.jpg

• Like 2
  • Up 1

14 hours ago, ashfaqahmed203 said:

Sorry some are thinking that I am layer. i am not telling a lie. I have delivered few projects on fiverr and so many outside of fiverr, even some those people who dont know graphics work. I helped them, and delivered their projects successfully. Allah is better know.

I am working on computer since 2004. I can also work on Corel draw. unfortunately this time  i don't have my (University) graphics degree in my laptop. 

I am not a scammer. I just want to get ideas and experts opinions .

ashfaq2.jpg

ashfaq13.jpg

I didn't say you were a scammer (a lot of this topic was more in general than about you) - you were however given some good tips.

It's really about showing your best work. 

I can see that you have some certificates - which is great! But I think what you have to do is to SHOW what that allows you to create even more.

Creative fields (despite me mentioning a degree) aren't only about that. 

Maybe there is a way for you to make you images stand out more? 

Try to look around thinking as a buyer. What sort of images would get you interested in sellers?

• Like 2
  • Up 2

On 9/20/2024 at 10:14 PM, katakatica said:

You might not know this, but I have ALWAYS been very kind. 

I do my best to help and I have posted many helpful topics. My tone might now be harsh but that's also because one has to be direct to be understood by people who might not understand the language so well.

Do you know how many times people come on here and literally say "tell me tips". OR message me with "give me order?"

How come their politeness isn't policed so hard? 

I'm tough, but that's the only way to survive on here. 

And...

Quite honestly?

People who are starting should already be professionals in their fields OR at least fans of their niches. 

I WANT to provoke them to stand up to me, to show me that their work is better than what I give it credit for.

So far, not many have even tried. 

Well, I have to say, your passion shines through, and I can’t help but admire that! You care deeply about assisting others to level up, even if it means being a bit tough. And honestly, sometimes that tough love is exactly what we need. But I believe there's a bit of magic in blending kindness with that fire you've got. Keep being you, because this place needs more people who genuinely care—sending a little love your way! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, a1_cad said:

Well, I have to say, your passion shines through, and I can’t help but admire that! You care deeply about assisting others to level up, even if it means being a bit tough. And honestly, sometimes that tough love is exactly what we need. But I believe there's a bit of magic in blending kindness with that fire you've got. Keep being you, because this place needs more people who genuinely care—sending a little love your way! 

thank you sir. im still learning along  with working . I hope  one day  I will go up.

• Like 1